closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What’s wrong with these people ?

What’s wrong with these people ?

Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    Like I have said before, we do have afew bully boys on here, like it or not, just admit the fact, that do gang up on individuals of late and have began to run riot in Eddie's absence and have become power crazy. We are all meant to be grown men for god's sake.
    Id be interested to know who you see as bully boys ganging up on people. By PM would probably be best.

I see that there are characters and there are certain people with grudges against each other but I don’t actually notice any “ganging up” on people. Certainly when an individual tries to defend, deflect or otherwise divert attention from their rule breaking, a group (and I’ll include myself in that) will join the discussion, but that’s not ganging up per se.

Neither do I see any “power craziness” as, even with Eddie being absent, there’s no one with any more power or authority than anyone else.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    It's funny that certain people see it as ganging up, what I see is the opinion of members agreeing on a subject, take the recent watchmaker saga, plenty of people had their say, most agreed that he was acting an eejit, no ganging up, just alike opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    It's funny that certain people see it as ganging up, what I see is the opinion of members agreeing on a subject, take the recent watchmaker saga, plenty of people had their say, most agreed that he was acting an eejit, no ganging up, just alike opinions.
    But to play devils advocate...
    I can see how it could seem to be a ‘ganging up’ by a person on the receiving end.
    That said I agree with you I don’t think there is a gang mentality but a more a common understanding on what is acceptable and what is not. As such people that have strong views voice them.
    However if the person who is on the receiving end acted in line with the few rules the forum has there would not be an issue.
    (MADDOG for clarity I am not digging you out but looking at the wider issue )

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    But to play devils advocate...
    I can see how it could seem to be a ‘ganging up’ by a person on the receiving end.
    That said I agree with you I don’t think there is a gang mentality but a more a common understanding on what is acceptable and what is not. As such people that have strong views voice them.
    However if the person who is on the receiving end acted in line with the few rules the forum has there would not be an issue.
    (MADDOG for clarity I am not digging you out but looking at the wider issue )
    Yes I agree with the ruling point of view totally.

What I meant by gang, is that it's always the same few members that are overly opiniated and this could be perseved as ganging up.

Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    Yes I agree with the ruling point of view totally.

What I meant by gang, is that it's always the same few members that care enough to not let it go unchallenged and this could be perceived as ganging up.
    FTFY.

Master
    There does seem to be a fair bit of saltiness on the forum at the moment . BTW is “Salty” an Australian term? I’m annoying myself how much I use it.
    There was a recent infamous double thread where people were queuing up. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the original placement of the post, if you actually stood back a little . It just looked plain weird and definitely a gang up . One or two were spluttering hysterical anger.
    In regard to the OP I’d say look how the site ebbs and flows, join in conversations you think are interesting and might even be educational and just plain ignore keyboard battles.
    I’m a bit experienced with forum wars as I happen to support a certain football club from North London with a notoriously split fanbase . Ultimately 3 posters got banned . Since then that forum has been like a tea party.
    I’m sure things will settle down again here.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
    There bloody well is moderation. Eddie has been perfectly clear about how he wants the place to run and expects us to behave as adults. He very very rarely actually has to do very much, but that's just effective moderation. The slip in standards while he is away is telling.
    Quite :-

So what the actual f*** are you doing moaning about how someone describes a ******* massacre, rather than directly responding to the ******* obscenity of yet another example of the American attitude to guns and the general availability of guns. Where the **** is your moral compass? What are you going to do now? complain I swear too much?
    Follow the few rules set out by the host
    Treat people as you wish to be treated.
    It’s that simple
    Last edited by genesos; 14th August 2019 at 22:46.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by genesos View Post
    Quite :-

Follow the few rules set out by the host
    Treat people as you wish to be treated.
    It’s that simple
    Firstly, that was in the Bear Pit, where such language is perfectly tolerated, secondly, if I ever attempted to be an apologist for the NRA after yet another massacre then I really hope that someone would treat me exactly like that.

Firstly, that was in the Bear Pit, where such language is perfectly tolerated, secondly....

It was taken from the Bear Pit, and should be deleted from this thread - there is no place except the BP to be quoting other people's post there - to me that's unacceptable!
    It's just a matter of time...

No need to quote what people said in the BP, we have enough obsessive and vindictive fruitcakes who would follow you around open parts of the forum and call you all sorts simply because they do not like you.

Remember, whatever you post here just don’t swear.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    There does seem to be a fair bit of saltiness on the forum at the moment . BTW is “Salty” an Australian term? I’m annoying myself how much I use it..
    No, I use it too.

Master
    I suggest that the people whining about 'what's the forum become' go read a few of the older threads (such as Lampoc's excellent 'For Dummies' sticky series).

You'll soon see that most of the things you're complaining about are nothing new and have been the case on the forum for at least 5-10 years.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by d2ore View Post
    So I am fairly new here but I have been aware of this forum for some time, I decided to sign up and have been more and more interested in watches lately, my point here I s why are some people on this forum just down right rude idiots ? Is it since Eddie has been away ? Or has it always been hostile here ?
    I can’t be bothered with instances btw but i do have a few
    I’m well aware this will attract the idiots that are “ hard as nails from their arm chairs “ but I just don’t see
    The need for all of it although I am sure sometimes it is justified why can’t people just be cool ?
    Plain sensible threads just turn into abuse ?
    I’m sure there’s plenty of sensible people here but WTF is it with the keyboard warriors ?

Is it just me ?
    Don’t take it personally mate, sit back and enjoy the ride. You have to remember that some folk on here are a tad out of order, just be kind to them.

Some of them have been ‘touched’ inappropriately by AD,s when they were at a low point, after the realisation that the Daytona they dreamed of has been sold to a man in China, or Watchfinder, they can only find solace by being cruel to Newbies....