closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sunset over Saltburn

Sunset over Saltburn

Shot from the Ship Inn whilst having a drink with my mate Pete

Blog Entries
    Really nice pic Rod, well done!

Just come back from a few days in the Spa hotel and sank a couple in that very pub! Weather forecast for last week was foul, yet the only rain in Saltburn was on Friday, result!

Master
    Lived in Stockton-On-Tees for the best part of thirty-odd years but never once visited Saltburn. I’ll have to make amends when I’m next visiting family.

Good Rod Liddle piece in this week’s Spectator extolling the virtues of Saltburn.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/08/...ummer-holiday/

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Good Rod Liddle piece in this week’s Spectator extolling the virtues of Saltburn.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/08/...ummer-holiday/
    "This article is exclusively for Spectator digital subscribers." Hopefully not the town itself as well.

Nice evocative shot. I spent many a weekend there in my youth staying with friends from where we used to travel up to Redcar on the Saturday evening to the Redcar Jazz Club at the Coatham Hotel. Saw most of the aspiring big names from the seventies there, often performing as part of John Mayall's line up de jour.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My dad used to take me sea fishing there as a kid. Love that part of the country

Rod and I have previously communicated as I grew up in Marske by the Sea which is the next village north of Saltburn. We used to play as kids on the strays, beaches, dunes, cliffs and pill boxes from Redcar to Saltburn. It was an idyllic place to grow up in the late 60s and 70s.

A question Rod: can you still walk out on the Saltburn pier?

Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    Rod and I have previously communicated as I grew up in Marske by the Sea which is the next village north of Saltburn. We used to play as kids on the strays, beaches, dunes, cliffs and pill boxes from Redcar to Saltburn. It was an idyllic place to grow up in the late 60s and 70s.

A question Rod: can you still walk out on the Saltburn pier?
    Well aye you can. I used to lifeguard a lot at Saltburn, hoisting the flag up on the pier. It was my birthplace too. As you said, a great place to grow up.

I lived nearby in Redcar for a few years and always enjoyed a pint at the ship inn. Decent grub there too. Haven’t been to saltburn in a few years, I’ll make the time to visit soon. Nice chippy there too if I recall.
    Instagram- ramsdenswhitby
    Facebook- Ramsdens Whitby

Craftsman
    Nice photo, I like that. The light is very pleasing and well balanced.

I wonder if walking a little closer / right to compose out the darker object on the right? It tends to pull my eye to the left of the photo, but that might just be me :-) But lovely photo!