Curve Card

Anyone else using this for banking?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper-sam View Post
    Anyone else using this for banking?

Yes I have had the standard blue card for about 8 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wjkerfoot View Post
    Yes I have had the standard blue card for about 8 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Had the free version too for about 6 months before upgrading to the metal.
    Was curious to know if anyone on here was using. This forum is generally really good for stuff like this.

Been using Curve since they first let you use it with Amex. It is still good without especially the "go back in time" feature as occasionally use the wrong card for work transactions and use it for all my foreign purchases.

I’ve got a curve blue card and use it occasionally. Not a massive fan to be honest:

1. It’s main “USP” is that it is one card that replaces your entire wallet. However, they say you should carry a spare bank card which kind of defeats the point...especially when Apple or google Pay ‘solve’ this problem. In addition to this, the card doesn’t work at fuel pumps. I’d bet very few people risk only carrying this card.

2. Spending on it abroad is a lottery. The rate is variable...spend on a weekend and you get additional charges. Spend during the week and your transaction can get delayed until the weekend...additional charges again. At least Monzo/Starling is straightforward.

3. “Metal” is a rip off and you are paying £14.99pm for a vanity card. I signed up to this because of the Amex points, which at the time was worth it...since the company’s falling out, this is never going to happen again. I then cancelled metal. The additional ‘benefits’ are very restricted...poor quality insurance, “lounge club” access that is only a discount (not free visits)...you are better to pay for a proper banks premium account offerings (eg nationwide).

All in all, there are cheaper and better quality offerings from a combo of other financial products....Monzo/Starling/Amex/Nationwide etc.
    Last edited by Christian; 11th August 2019 at 00:01.

I have one but can't use it at a pay at pump petrol station so have to carry my main account card for that.

Can't use it to pay cash into my starling account so need to carry that too.

So the only thing it replaces is my Monzo card.

So not much point carrying it and it's sat in the drawer for months.

I can see the appeal and how it would be useful for some but for me it doesn't work.

Never heard of it until now but seems to offer what I need, thanks for sharing

Sent from my LYA-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Been using it since they began (when you had to pay for it) doesnt work out for everyone but it works for me - I like it over other similar cards... the Amex integration was good while it lasted ... but that's a long story - the reward points are handy for the occasional free beer - plenty of geeky features for business use too -( too many to mention here) the back in time is pretty useful.

if you want to sign up for one use my code AMCEN and you'll get £5 free in reward points (a virtual card you can use to buy things) the basic blue card is free to try and then they have more premium paid card with extra services