closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Basel 2020 set to be a good one...apparently...

Master

Tudor Basel 2020 set to be a good one...apparently...

In Fraser Hart today and was told by the manager (who attended an event with the head of Tudor for uk) that Tudor intends to have a very good Basel next year following the diaapppintment of this year. As always no hints given but suspicions are more colours for the 58 given money put in to the tooling for the watch. Will be fun seeing what they come out with. I personally love Tudor and think the value proposition is the best available at the moment for a new watch.

Stu

Master
    This year was the time to have a good show as everyone else was deplorable.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I agree, this year they really could have forged ahead on so many fronts, using existing case designs and movement technology from previous years.
    We spoke about them here at length, colours on the BB58, a Pelagos GMT, a BB58 GMT, etc etc.
    Instead they trod water with one admittedly nice but marlet-limiting two-tone chronograph, and the wierd US Navy prototype thingy that no-one would have missed if they hadn't made it.
    They really missed out in '19, '20 needs to be spectacular.
    Dave

Craftsman
    Just give us a proper Tudor sub already and I'll forgive the disaster that was Basel 2019... ;)

Master
    Every major player missed a golden opportunity at Basel '19.

If a few have held back for '20, there'll be a lot of heads banging off walls.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Tudor gmt on a jubilee style bracelet? That would be original!

Sent from my E6653 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Right in time for the next recession and drop in demand... ? ;D

Black Bay 58 with a date, please!

Craftsman
    Sub would be great but I can’t see it happening,too much potential damage to big bros waiting lists.

Always liked tudors, I appreciate the rolex brand but it probably would never leave the house, I could see myself wearing a Tudor alot more and black ones I like alot.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Sub would be great but I can’t see it happening,too much potential damage to big bros waiting lists.
    Agree entirely. With all the money spend on the 58 it has to be more colour variants.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Talking of Basel releases, has anyone seen a P01 in the shops yet.

I know I buck the trend somewhat but I actually find it refreshingly different to warrant a hands on look at.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    Just give us a proper Tudor sub already and I'll forgive the disaster that was Basel 2019... ;)
    Tudor Sub is never going to happen. To much treading on Rolex toes.

The only possible Tudor that intrests me would be the 7928 reissue. I would buy one in a heartbeat because the prices of the old ones have become stupid.

But I doubt Rolex allows them to release such watch.

Last edited by JPE; 11th August 2019 at 11:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side of The Loon View Post
    Black Bay 58 with a date, please!
    This, and I’m done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Talking of Basel releases, has anyone seen a P01 in the shops yet.

I know I buck the trend somewhat but I actually find it refreshingly different to warrant a hands on look at.
    I tried a display model on a month or so ago. Have to say it looked better in the flesh / on the wrist and had a nie heft to it. It def has a place in the market like the omega ploprof does.

Craftsman
    Fingers crossed for some different colourways on the BB58. I was dissapointed with this years releases, although the two tone chronograph does look stunning.

Master
    Is it even possible to order a BB58 now?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by S Works View Post
    Interestingly there are only 5 58’s on Chrono 24 in the UK but there are 40 ish GMT’s.

Craftsman

I caved and put myself on a wait list about a month ago. Chap thought it would take about 2-3 months to come in.

Still waiting on this...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    Still waiting on this...
    Ditto. There was a render going round a while back that had all the gilt of the current model swapped out for silver and some red text on the dial. THAT would be the dream, and I'd trade my 58 for it in an instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Genta View Post
    I tried a display model on a month or so ago. Have to say it looked better in the flesh / on the wrist and had a nie heft to it. It def has a place in the market like the omega ploprof does.
    I spoke to the head of Rolex Tudor UK sales at the Rolex Basel 2019 collection event in Edinburgh a couple of months ago and he said that the P01 was slightly delayed due to unforeseen issues.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Interestingly there are only 5 58’s on Chrono 24 in the UK but there are 40 ish GMT’s.
    Indeed, and near,y a grand over RRP! Beyond me how, if the wait is only a few months, anyone thinks that premium is worthwhile.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    I caved and put myself on a wait list about a month ago. Chap thought it would take about 2-3 months to come in.
    Thanks Mark, I might do the same.

Craftsman

Tudor

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    In Fraser Hart today and was told by the manager (who attended an event with the head of Tudor for uk) that Tudor intends to have a very good Basel next year following the diaapppintment of this year. As always no hints given but suspicions are more colours for the 58 given money put in to the tooling for the watch. Will be fun seeing what they come out with. I personally love Tudor and think the value proposition is the best available at the moment for a new watch.

Stu
    Unfortunately for Tudor management it is not them who decide that they are going to have a good 2020, it will be the buying public and whether Tudor can deliver something new to the market apart from another BB colour variants.

Craftsman
    A new colour dial for the Pelagos may be something in the making.

Master
    BBG8 GMT, would be the perfect watch for me and I would be happy as a pig in mid!
    BB58, should not be to bad my AD got mine for my birthday within a week of me asking. Also got the brown leather and deployment for it it at the same time.

Just wait for my birthday now!

Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    BBG8 GMT, would be the perfect watch for me and I would be happy as a pig in mid!
    BB58, should not be to bad my AD got mine for my birthday within a week of me asking. Also got the brown leather and deployment for it it at the same time.

Just wait for my birthday now!
    Availability in Europe seems pretty good. Especially for BB58 from what I've seen - but then the RRP is a little higher than the UK, so a little frustrating. I was tempted to buy a BB58 in Gib, until I saw the price and the current GBP-Euro rates!!!

Only slightly more frustrating was that being a Rolex/Tudor boutique the two staff members were wearing a Pepsi and white dial Daytona :(
    It's just a matter of time...

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Id like them to do more with the 58's
    I like Tudor but cant stand the thickness of the other models so an expansion to the 58 line would really tempt me into getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I like Tudor but cant stand the thickness of the other models so an expansion to the 58 line would really tempt me into getting one.
    Fully agree with this - the regular black bay is way too thick. The 58 strikes a good enough balance, but the current offering is a bit boring....

Master

Tudor Basel 2020 set to be a good one...apparently...

Am I alone in thinking that if all Tudor can offer is some new colour ways on their dials and bezels, that’s not exactly an exciting product development?

Granted the classic aesthetic and proportions of the BB58 (rather like the Rolex DJ 36mm, Rolex Subs etc) is very appealing, they aren’t anything particularly exciting per se. They are good watches, with timeless designs, but I just don’t get excited about variants very much.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I'd agree to some extent, but I personally prefer the larger size. It's just the case thickness isn't as elegant. If they moved away from the thicker cases, then I can see these big block watches being quite sought after in 40-50 years time, after im long gone ;)

Journeyman
    Thinner BB GMT with batman colored bezel will be interesting

Master
    I put up a thread about the bb GMT thickness because I believed it to be too thick from all the press. It’s worth a read. It actually wears like a 13mm thick watch and it’s the crystal that really brings the thick score to 14.6mm.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ighlight=Tudor

I was told 50% deposit and possibly a New Year delivery. Possibly.

Master
    Am I alone in thinking that if all Tudor can offer is some new colour ways on their dials and bezels, that’s not exactly an exciting product development?
    those are the cheap options, but there may be things that are more than that but less than new watches. how about movement tweaks, greater accuracy or getting the power reserve up to 85 hours maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by synequano View Post
    Thinner BB GMT with batman colored bezel will be interesting
    Not going to happen - they aren't going to make a thinner GMT so soon after launching the BB GMT. Different colours could be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuisance Value View Post
    I was told 50% deposit and possibly a New Year delivery. Possibly.
    I could have bought one from an AD, albeit in Gib.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    those are the cheap options, but there may be things that are more than that but less than new watches. how about movement tweaks, greater accuracy or getting the power reserve up to 85 hours maybe?
    I can't see any movement tweaks for some time - they are already ahead of most brands, and very close to big brother.

Different colours are an easy hit. They launched a new model this year and most didn't like it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    Still waiting on this...

That’s very nice - I would

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk