closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Datejust 41 - Wimbledon dial opinions

Datejust 41 - Wimbledon dial opinions

I have recently come across a DJ Wimbledon dial with smooth bezel,oyster bracelet at an AD. Quite liked the dial especially the green accents. What’s the general opinion of this model? I hear that the blue DJ 41 is the most popular.

Any thoughts?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by GMT2 View Post
    I have recently come across a DJ Wimbledon dial with smooth bezel,oyster bracelet at an AD. Quite liked the dial especially the green accents. What’s the general opinion of this model? I hear that the blue DJ 41 is the most popular.

Any thoughts?
    I heard the Wimbledon dial was very popular and trading above RRP but not sure which combo that was - maybe the fluted/jubilee.

Not for me personally, I don’t love the green/grey combo and much prefer a plain stick baton dial

Why the need for others' thoughts? Surely what matters is whether you like it?

P.S. I prefer the blue, more classic and easier on the eye.

I had the wimbledon dial and got bored with the grey dial and green accents . Sold it and got blue baton dial which is more beautiful . Enjoying every moment .

Journeyman

Any thoughts?
    smooth bezel , jubilee bracelet , wimbledon dial for me , also love the green accents makes the difference for me .

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mak_35 View Post
    smooth bezel , jubilee bracelet , wimbledon dial for me , also love the green accents makes the difference for me .
    Pics please, sounds like my preferred combination.

I like both the Wimbledon and blue dials.

If I was looking to get one, I would just go for whichever was a better fit within my collection, in smooth bezel, Oyster variant.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by phil h View Post
    Pics please, sounds like my preferred combination.
    unfortunately only library pics at the moment , mines is currently on order so will update soon .

https://images.app.goo.gl/Ct5zW7MRAGpEhsYN7

Craftsman
    I like it but, maybe for my wife. I just think the colours are very feminine.

Master
    Its a horrible dial, when it was first launched on the 116333 in TT it looked like a joke, with the big minus sign at 9. Then they gave one to Federer for free and the rest is history.

If you like it though thats all that should matter.

I think its a very individual choice , I like the grey, green roman numerals, size & for me on a jubilee, the only element that detracts for me is the stick marker at 9 o clock. N joy .

Thanks for the opinions here, the SS Wimbledon dial did look good. Prefer the jubilee bracelet as well but may need to pay for an additional bracelet .

Master
    Legibility strikes me as the worst of the current standard Datejust dials.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ColDaspin View Post
    Legibility strikes me as the worst of the current standard Datejust dials.
    I've got the rhodium dial with baton markers. I must say that after my Moonwatch, legibility in some lights is awful. Where the light causes reflection, it's very hard to see the hands, there's little contrast between hands & dial. in consistent light or a duller light it's fine. The Wimbledon is really not for me, I don't like Roman numerals.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Wimbledon most popular of our DJ models. Steel on oyster variant. Selling over list.

One in an AD I know in West London. Looks great in pics. In the metal it looks a bit like a fashion watch. Stick with Blue IMHO as the Wimbledon will age badly

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Curious about what a ‘Wimbledon Dial’ looks like I just followed the link. What’s with the marker at ‘9’? Looks seriously odd, like that air king that everyone was shocked over a couple of years back. Is that called ‘design’ or just ‘ran out of ideas’? Not a fan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Wait till it gets discontinued then everyone will love it !

The SS jubilee one looks nice but not quite sure about the oyster one

Any thoughts?
    It's yet another too big, too ugly Rolex. They are not really doing anything I like right now, apart from some of the OP variants.

Journeyman
    I own the SS, fluted version on jubilee.

in my oponion, i love the watch hence its purchase, the only issue as mentioned above is in low lighting it is horrible to read the time. only the hands and #9 have a lume on it.