closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's talk about Panerai!

Master
    Popped this beauty on today. Most comfortable strap ever.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Master
    I too have a soft spot for Panerai,
    think I came across them in the early 2000's, my uncle who was into watches had mentioned them.
    On a trip to Thailand a couple of years later was surprised to see loads of Fakes, especially as they didn't appear to be a mainstream brand.

My first was a 000 (logo) back in 2006, loved the simplicity and interaction with the Manual wind mechanism
    I let the zero go and and replaced with a Submersible 243 which was a cracking piece, that went and some years later I had a brief encounter with a 312.
    It was through owning my Panerai that first got me onto the internet watch Forums and I was an active member on a US site for many years

Currently without one but like many others I keep looking, when I'm ready to buy another I'll definitely be going for a base model (possibly the blue logo'd 774)
    My old man still has a 112 and 351 which are both great examples, I may try to entice the 112 away from him

I believe the Panerai bug is incurable and stays with you...

Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    Popped into the Florence store this week. Was made to feel very welcome and it was amazing to see some of the museum pieces on display. I can't believe that people actually wore those huge compasses on their wrists!

You could try to look a little happy about it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    Popped into the Florence store this week. Was made to feel very welcome and it was amazing to see some of the museum pieces on display. I can't believe that people actually wore those huge compasses on their wrists!

Ade certainly looks happier than I did on our first visit, had to console myself with a beverage

Last edited by Tuna1138; 13th August 2019 at 20:13.

Got this back from the repairer recently, and I've been enjoying it all over again!

Pam 005 (almost base)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post
    Pam 005 (almost base)

Yes please. Just about perfect imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredamens View Post
    I keep looking at them and am going to have to try. Is there a single resource showing pics, specs and model numbers etc. Cheers

Try https://watchbase.com/panerai

addict- in recovery

I first got exposed to them 2007 and got really into them around 2008 and then became a full blown addict 2011

it reached the point where i had over 40, it was nuts, since then have been on a mission to get it down to 10ish but have ended up with about 14 i wear and maybe another 10 to sell still

i will admit they lost their way, i quite like the aged lume, but it got out of hand, i hate the blue/khaki lume, i hate the whole, you buy an experience now and the watch is almost given to you as a reminder logic, i know its very instagram friendly, but i want to buy the watch. For the first time this year, there was nothing they made i wanted

i'll post some photos when i get home of where i am with the collection, even now though Imperata tasing to someone about getting one more, but its an older release

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Appreciated

Master
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=RAJEN;5170793]I am a big fan and have several.
    Shortly someone will come along to complain about Italian Nazi connections, Brooklyn bridge fiasco, snap back cases on some recent models, betraying the heritage, the ‘ugly’ crown protector, the size, Richmont service,the Panerai fad being over blah blah. I have never had a problem with any of them ( touch wood ) and wear them with joy. No brand is perfect and they are all out to make money. Some grievances are genuine and you have to like it enough to be able to overlook
    them. Not for everyone and better to buy preowned from a reliable source, IMO.

Since we all like pics here, a recent pic of my 389

[/QUOTE

The 389 is my favourite sports Panerai

Let's talk about Panerai!

Richemont is apparently not the best thing ever happened to Panerai, but at least they became an established company and they definitely produce some beautiful pieces.

Also after the big hype is over they will be more and more recognized by WIS.
    Although I know many have already done.

I’ve got mine last year. To get a Panerai was strangely a logical decision looking at my collection and my previous diver watches.
    However the purchase was done almost accidentally and I was really not sure until got reinforced by some here.

Panerai models were a mine field.
    Before buying I used to see a colleague’s 104 on a daily basis and I found the polished hands a nice touch.
    But I wanted manual wind movement with small second and the typical Panerai lock defined it to be a Luminor Marina.

Long story short I ended up with this 631, which is one of those controversial new Panerais, but still a very nice piece in the flesh. Due to some unorthodox solutions it is less appealing for Paneristi. (Although I love the drilled lugs with shoulderless spring bars for example.)
    I’m also happy with the Unitas movement and the simple future servicing opportunities.
    Maybe it’s the company’s last ever model with ETA movement(?), but definitely not my last Panerai.

Last edited by witti; 18th August 2019 at 17:26.

Master

I had posted a WTB for a 176. But someone locally offered me a 2015 base logo fully boxed and in exceptional condition almost unused condition. Having had a 00000 before and being the one watch sale that I regretted it made total sense and I’m really pleased with it. Totally iconic and I’m not keen on the newer versions with snap backs and reduced WR to 100m - despite never planning on a 100m dive - it takes something away from the original concept.
    Last edited by neebsta; 19th August 2019 at 18:38.

A real nice looker

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using TZ-UK mobile app