closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Canvas or Kevlar straps.

Hybrid View

Master
    Blog Entries

Canvas or Kevlar straps.

Any recommendations for a green or khaki strap, preferably a bit padded.

Take a look at Haveston canvas. I don't have any, but the four synthetic Natos of theirs I have are very well made from quality materials. Their sliding keeper means no bulky tuck in and precise buckle placement. I did have a problem with one of their straps, but it was dealt with very quickly and professionally with no quibble or fuss at all. The only thing keeping me from trying canvas (any make, not just Haveston) is reservations about it's durability as a strap material.

https://www.haveston.com/10-corp-canvas-series
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    You could have a look at Taikonaut / Miltat. US based, but you used to be able to get them through Amazon.co.uk too (not sure if you still can). Bought this one for my X-33:

Master
    Blog Entries
    Ordered one from watch gecko, I saw a nice example the last Friday thread. I will what a pic up when it turns arives.
    Last edited by Middo; 12th August 2019 at 14:35.

Have you considered Eddie's two-piece with deployant? It's nylon, but feels more like canvas on the wrist.

https://www.timefactors.com/tftwopcnylonstrap.htm

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    [Canvas or Kevlar straps] Any recommendations for a green or khaki strap, preferably a bit padded.
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Take a look at Haveston canvas. I don't have any, but the four synthetic Natos of theirs I have are very well made from quality materials. Their sliding keeper means no bulky tuck in and precise buckle placement. I did have a problem with one of their straps, but it was dealt with very quickly and professionally with no quibble or fuss at all. The only thing keeping me from trying canvas (any make, not just Haveston) is reservations about it's durability as a strap material.

https://www.haveston.com/10-corp-canvas-series

Given that my experience with canvas watch straps is the opposite of vast, having only had the chance to put to use one of Eddie's older TF 2-piece Canvas, I still have to say that particular single canvas strap I've used a lot these past months is such a favorite of mine that I actually look forward to using it every time because it's so neat in itself and perfect for the watch I wear it on, with only my most favorite closed-end leather strap and a particular colour and weave NATO that especially suits the watch even coming close in that sense.

As to just how durable my TF's canvas material itself will ultimately prove, I don't know because I haven't owned it that long, but even if it doesn't last as long as a nylon or Kevlar version might, I think the, for me, greater "likeability" of the natural cotton canvas material in comparison to the synthetics will make it more than well worth replacing it sooner if needed.

BTW, Magirus, from what you said above regarding ".......The only thing keeping me from trying canvas (any make, not just Haveston) is reservations about it's durability as a strap material.", would part of your concern about cotton canvas be its reputation for rotting in the heavy humidity of the tropics? I ask because that was my own only real concern so I do tend to think of the cotton canvas more for desert and savannah environmental conditions and perfect for such, but its use in jungle, etc., environments something perhaps best avoided. Seamaster73's comments above also remind me that cotton canvas might not be the best thing for professional level salt water diving either.

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    You could have a look at Taikonaut / Miltat. US based, but you used to be able to get them through Amazon.co.uk too (not sure if you still can). Bought this one for my X-33:

That is gorgeous. Can’t seem to find it anymore unfortunately.