closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Metal, but it's still strap advice I want

Metal, but it's still strap advice I want

I've been wearing my old Seiko 6138-3003 (I think, arabic/english days - I've always thought of it as a 3002, though, as it was sold as such) over the last couple of days and thought it might be nice to have it on a bracelet for a change.

The one it came with, the original, was utter junk, even before it became worn out junk, so I wondered if anyone had any recommendations for a 19mm straight ended bracelet at an affordable price?

I don't fancy it on a mesh, but am open to suggestions on any other kind of bracelet - I've seen a few styles I quite like on eBay, but they look as cheap and nasty as the original Seiko one.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

M
    Last edited by snowman; 21st July 2020 at 22:44.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

If you’re handy, a 20mm straight end will file down very easily, a lot more choice out there than 19mm.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Metal, but it's still strap advice I want

What about an ‘expandro’ type expandable bracelet? Lots of these have sprung lugs so they will fit 18-22mm lugs.
    The bracelet is very retro in style and very comfortable.

You can different finishes to suit the watch head. My wear my Airman on a similar.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 22nd July 2020 at 07:01.

Tough one. Problem is that finding a new bracelet that will fit a vintage watch is hard to match. Personally, a nice two stich suede (you can go custom here) is a perfect choice for a vintage Seiko. If you wanna go for a bracelet, why not mesh?Or getting vintage bracelet from somw different seiko model...

Poslano sa mog FRD-L09 koriste?i Tapatalk

Not a fan of suede for watch straps at all and I really want a metal bracelet, I'm more than happy with the Di-Modell Rallye as a strap option.

I like mesh bracelets, but I don't see it suiting this watch (I've tried a few against the watch - I don't have any 19mm ones - and they just look wrong to me).

I found another Seiko bracelet in my strap box I quite liked, but it was brushed and looked wrong against the polished case, so the hunt goes on...

M

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Not a fan of suede for watch straps at all and I really want a metal bracelet, I'm more than happy with the Di-Modell Rallye as a strap option.

I like mesh bracelets, but I don't see it suiting this watch (I've tried a few against the watch - I don't have any 19mm ones - and they just look wrong to me).

I found another Seiko bracelet in my strap box I quite liked, but it was brushed and looked wrong against the polished case, so the hunt goes on...

M

Would it not be possible to polish your Seiko bracelet with a cape cod cloth ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
    Would it not be possible to polish your Seiko bracelet with a cape cod cloth ?
    Mmmm - It's a thought, although I'm not sure how effective that would be on a brushed bracelet - I'm sure I'd end up with some unpolished areas.

M