closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PAYPAL lookalike scam..

PAYPAL lookalike scam..

Just had a lucky escape here.

Response from an ad agreeing to purchase. Not having used Paypal for anything other than Family and Friends, this seemed to be plausible. on further investigation, it seems Paypal doesn't do this sort if transaction.
    Let's be careful out there...

Subject PayPal Notification Of Payment For An Gumtree Item..
    From intl.paypal@payfundsservice.com
    To xxxx@xxxx.com
    Date Thu 21:31

To protect your privacy, remote images are blocked in this message. Display imagesAlways show images from intl.paypal@payfundsservice.com

Protect Your Account Info
    Make sure you never provide your password to fraudulent websites.

To safely and securely access the PayPal website or your account, open a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Netscape) and type in the PayPal URL (https://www.paypal.co.uk) to be sure you are on the real PayPal site.

PayPal will never ask you to enter your password in an email.

To learn more about protecting yourself from fraud, visit the Security Center. Click "Security Center" on the bottom of any PayPal page
    Protect Your Password
    You should never give your PayPal password to anyone, including PayPal employees.

You Have a Payment Pending!

Dear frobisher@waitrose.com,

You received a payment from Angus Hargeaves. The money is pending and deposited in PayPal escrow account.The payment will not reflect in your account balance until we receive the proof of shipment from you for confirmation and, once shipment is confirmed, the money will be in your available balance within few minutes. This will help us continue to be a safer way to buy and sell.

How can I get my money sooner?
    You should be able to get your money within few hours upon confirmation of shipment.

• Send the item to the buyer's postal address as displayed on this page.
    • Email us a proof of shipment such as shipment confirmation code/receipt reference number, this is required for shipment verification in other to transfer the money to your account immediately.
    • For items or services that cannot be physically delivered (for instance, digital goods like eBooks or smartphone apps), mark the order as Processed on the Transaction details page and provide any additional details requested.

Tip: The Tracking Number must be e-mailed through our Automated Verification ISL. You may contact PayPal customer service by Clicking Here or reply directly to this email by using the reply button in your Mail Box and Quote the below Transaction ID for quick recognition of this transaction.
    Payment Details:

Amount (pending):
    £
    362.00 GBP

Transaction ID:
    U-75D31717XF8642252

Buyer's email:
    wheensquettws@gmail.com

Send to address:

Angus Hargeaves
    Flat 6 Seddon House,136 St. Marys Road,Garston Liverpool.
    L19 2JJ.
    United Kingdom

For this and all future transactions, we recommend that you:

• Send to the buyer's address on this page only.
    • Use a delivery service that offers signature confirmation.
    • Don't send tracking or proof of shipment to the buyer until PayPal advise you to send.
    • Save all tracking information or other proof of delivery.
    • We are highly sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks for your understanding.

Yours Sincerely,
    The PayPal Team.

Copyright ©1999-2019 PayPal. All rights reserved..

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have had a few emails from supposed PayPal to say my account as been suspended or part curtailed. Then asked to log on through this email link to sort it out. I then logged on normally to see my account is fine and dandy. As said be careful out there

I may have the last laugh...

Fairly common phishing scam. Always advisable never to click on links in an email and go to the site by typing in the URL in the browser. A lot of these are becoming more sophisticated as people catch on.

Even better if concerned is to use another device to connect to the site in case yours is compromised.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern971 View Post
    Fairly common phishing scam. Always advisable never to click on links in an email and go to the site by typing in the URL in the browser. A lot of these are becoming more sophisticated as people catch on.

Even better if concerned is to use another device to connect to the site in case yours is compromised.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app
    I agree this is sound advice^
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Seems an obvious scam TBH.

Master
    I remember Netscape!

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

PAYPAL lookalike scam..

Definitely a scam, PayPal will always address you by your full name and not your email address and never ask you to click a link in an email, but to login in the normal way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk