closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sd43 on RubberB

Master

Sd43 on RubberB

Having received my SD43 this week from this forum , I ordered a RubberB straight away.
    A few things
    I thought at 43mm I would feel the SD would feel too big for my crappy 6.75 inch wrist. My regular piece is a 16710, but that’s off to Rolex for service. But 3 days in it feels fantastic and nowhere near as big as I thought it would. The extra size really helps spread the thickness I found annoying in the various 16600 I’ve had.
    And the lugs are fantastic. I’m personally not a fan of the new super case maxi lugs, these lugs really look as though they are from the 5 digit series SS Rolex models and help negate the size of the case.

I’ve tried Rubber Bs before and not been keen , so this was a bit of a gamble, but I love it , feels super comfortable and looks great IMO !
    I’ve kept the clasp ( not the tang buckle out in September) as it’s a work of art. Overall very happy
    Have a good weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Looks really good man! Rubber B is super comfortable!

Master
    I think this is a pretty fair assessment of the 43mm; the slimmer lugs, the flat, wider back, the superior sense of balance on the wrist, all add-up to something a bit special. The sad bit is that they’re not easy to find, to try on. So they get tarred with a ‘too big’ tag, which is quite misleading.
    To me, perhaps the nicest sports watch Rolex currently make. My partner got it right when she described it as ‘very Rolex.’ It is indeed, maximum Rolex.
    Like the rubber strap too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    I think this is a pretty fair assessment of the 43mm; the slimmer lugs, the flat, wider back, the superior sense of balance on the wrist, all add-up to something a bit special. The sad bit is that they’re not easy to find, to try on. So they get tarred with a ‘too big’ tag, which is quite misleading.
    To me, perhaps the nicest sports watch Rolex currently make. My partner got it right when she described it as ‘very Rolex.’ It is indeed, maximum Rolex.
    Like the rubber strap too.
    Sounds like you want another one already Peter 😂

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Sounds like you want another one already Peter 
    Don’t!

Looks good, and a nice and useful (!) description about the size and how it really wears. Great stuff.

Love that on the rubber B and i’m Glad the OP bought it to stop me buying it. It was getting so low I almost had to have it. Anyway, good to see this on the rubber B as i’m A huge fan of their straps and have owned a dozen or more over the years on various rolex. I know Rolex are not a big fan of these though and personally told me at st James that if a watch comes in on a rubber b strap (and I guess any aftermarket strap for that matter) that they won’t touch it, they turn it away at the door. So remove before service and send in head only or back on the bracelet.

Would look amazing on a red rubber I reckon

Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    I know Rolex are not a big fan of these though and personally told me at st James that if a watch comes in on a rubber b strap (and I guess any aftermarket strap for that matter) that they won’t touch it, they turn it away at the door.
    That's a hard-line stance! Is Rolex's refusal a principle (no 'modifications') or is there something specific it doesn't like about RubberBs being used on its watches?

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    That's a hard-line stance! Is Rolex's refusal a principle (no 'modifications') or is there something specific it doesn't like about RubberBs being used on its watches?
    I don’t know and I don’t know if it’s a policy or just the view of the technician I was dealing with. But his views were very clear when referencing rubber B that due to issues and risks of damage caused by removal/refitting of them they now “won’t touch them”. I have removed dozens of them and with taped up lugs and care I have never damaged a watch, but admittedly they can sometimes take a bit of wrestling to fit so can understand if this was now their stance.

Oh well, good to know. Thanks. :)

Master
    Would look amazing on a red rubber I reckon
    They do it with a red lining also. They did actually produce a one off all red one for some American Dragons Den celebrity.... can’t remember where I watched the video of him though. Either HODINKEE or Rubber B website

I’ve had mine on the red lined rubber for a few months not, definately prefer it to the bracelet!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxLK8kYnXz1

Craftsman
    Looks really good that, not sure if I'd just go for the buckle to save the clasp if I were to get one. Still quite fancy one for my Deep Sea.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Oranges10 View Post

Having received my SD43 this week from this forum , I ordered a RubberB straight away.
    A few things
    I thought at 43mm I would feel the SD would feel too big for my crappy 6.75 inch wrist. My regular piece is a 16710, but that’s off to Rolex for service. But 3 days in it feels fantastic and nowhere near as big as I thought it would. The extra size really helps spread the thickness I found annoying in the various 16600 I’ve had.
    And the lugs are fantastic. I’m personally not a fan of the new super case maxi lugs, these lugs really look as though they are from the 5 digit series SS Rolex models and help negate the size of the case.

I’ve tried Rubber Bs before and not been keen , so this was a bit of a gamble, but I love it , feels super comfortable and looks great IMO !
    I’ve kept the clasp ( not the tang buckle out in September) as it’s a work of art. Overall very happy
    Have a good weekend

Can I ask what size you got?

Have a similar wrist and not sure based on the info they gave me

Master
    Got the 5/7. Based on the links you wear the bracelet at.
    This is the ‘extreme’ for me as the adjustable clasp is on its smallest setting. I figured as I have a relatively small wrist I’d rather have a strap with scope to increase size.

Master
    Really fancy trying a rubber b on my 116660 but baulk at the new price, and my wtb on here proved fruitless.
    I think that it may overcome the issue of the narrow bracelet, which I only noticed when I got a 126660.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    SD looks fantastic. Looking to source a rubber b for a polar 216570. Advice gratefully received on best place to purchase. Looking for the orange striped

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deepdivedaz View Post
    SD looks fantastic. Looking to source a rubber b for a polar 216570. Advice gratefully received on best place to purchase. Looking for the orange striped

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Got mine via Tempvs. Stumbled lucky on a google search as they had 1 in stock and it was my size.
    There are a few UK stockists around who will source one, or have in stock. All approx same price.

Journeyman
    This does look nice 👍🏿
    It it easy to fit I have heard stories of it being a bit of a challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by lostp View Post
    Can I ask what size you got?

Have a similar wrist and not sure based on the info they gave me

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by d2ore View Post
    This does look nice 👍🏿
    It it easy to fit I have heard stories of it being a bit of a challenge?
    Patience, tape, the correct tool and a steady hand.

Craftsman
    The right tools and patience is needed to change these.

I am tempted on getting the Rubber B with the red for my SD43. But I seldom use the Rubber B for my Deepsea, just because I prefer the feel of the bracelet! But these look lovely on the Rubber B.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Patience, tape, the correct tool and a steady hand.
    I ended up at my local watch shop ! One side easy, the other was a pain and I didnt want to cause any scratches

Master
    To update my earlier post, got one for the DSSD, very pleased with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    To update my earlier post, got one for the DSSD, very pleased with it.

Good move! I actually bought my DSSD on the RubberB and absolutely love it. In fact mine (which used to belong to tz-uk73 in this thread) didn’t come with the bracelet at all as it was lost in a house move I believe. Doesn’t bother me in the least.

Gratuitous photo...

@LaurasOtherHalf... go on, you know it makes sense .

Simon

The deepsea on a rubberB is a perfect sports Rolex, and i’d have my deepsea back if I could. In fact I still keep 4 or 5 rubber b straps back for that very day

Master
    The deepsea on a rubberB is a perfect sports Rolex, and i’d have my deepsea back if I could. In fact I still keep 4 or 5 rubber b straps back for that very day
    Deepsea on rubber is no for me but on bracelet yes. I like the Polar EXP II on that rubber though. That said , sports Rolex should reside on a bracelet. Horses for courses and all that.

Sd43 on RubberB

I’m sorry mate, the answer is still no

Simon
    Last edited by mycroft; 26th March 2020 at 20:02.

Quote Originally Posted by watchmad View Post
    ...sports Rolex should reside on a bracelet...
    I’m pretty sure that’s not a rule, you know

Simon

Craftsman
    The SD’s look great on the rubber b.

For some reason i have struggled with getting the fitment right for my dssd. Shame because they do look so good imo.

Master
    I did try the DSSD on a NATO once and it looked ridiculous. Love the EXP2 on a NATO tho.

I think the Hirsch performance straps look good on some of the sports models too
    here's a Hirsch Robby on an SD4K

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    I think the Hirsch performance straps look good on some of the sports models too
    here's a Hirsch Robby on an SD4K

That looks good. I had a Hirsch Robby on a blnr a few years ago and was very comfy to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Good move! I actually bought my DSSD on the RubberB and absolutely love it. In fact mine (which used to belong to tz-uk73 in this thread) didn’t come with the bracelet at all as it was lost in a house move I believe. Doesn’t bother me in the least.

Gratuitous photo...

@LaurasOtherHalf... go on, you know it makes sense .

Simon
    Love the RubberB look on the SD! Wanted to get one for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by watchmad View Post
    ...That said , sports Rolex should reside on a bracelet...
    I agree!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    I am torn between an Everest or a rubber B for a SD43 want one for the warm weather

Just paid for a SD43 but who knows when I'll get it. Will definitely be ordering a black Rubber B for it.

Blog Entries
    I am desperately trying to get the red and black (vulchromatic) strap for my SD43, the type that uses the clasp. I contacted watches.co.uk and was asked to get back to them post lockdown. Does anyone have any ideas of anywhere in Europe where I may be able to get one?
    Fingers crossed :-)
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Crouchy View Post
    I am desperately trying to get the red and black (vulchromatic) strap for my SD43, the type that uses the clasp. I contacted watches.co.uk and was asked to get back to them post lockdown. Does anyone have any ideas of anywhere in Europe where I may be able to get one?
    Fingers crossed :-)
    James
    https://rubberb.com/en/rolex-watch-bands-europe

Blowers or David Duggan? Full list here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    https://rubberb.com/en/rolex-watch-bands-europe

Blowers or David Duggan? Full list here.
    I’ll give them a whirl, thanks for the help.
    J