closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Bezel Inserts

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries

Rolex Bezel Inserts

Due to wear and tear, I need to get the inserts changed on my 16613 sub and my 16710 gmt. As I live near Manchester, popping into St James isn’t like popping to the shops for me, so is there any way of getting new inserts from an AD “oop north” or can anyone offer any help/advice please?

Thanks

Rick

Blog Entries
    Sure someone else will jump in with better help but I work 30 seconds from Rolex St James so could easily pop in and see if they will sell me the inserts and send up to you. The only wrinkle is I'm on holiday until next week. If nothing more fruitful comes along before I return then let me know and can get it sorted.

A couple of years ago when I wanted to add a Coke bezel to my 16710 Pepsi I simply walked into my local AD in Cheltenham and purchased one, though they did insist on fitting it there and then. Within 10 minutes of getting home I'd swapped it back to the Pepsi.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Sure someone else will jump in with better help but I work 30 seconds from Rolex St James so could easily pop in and see if they will sell me the inserts and send up to you. The only wrinkle is I'm on holiday until next week. If nothing more fruitful comes along before I return then let me know and can get it sorted.
    Thanks for the offer, that’s much appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    A couple of years ago when I wanted to add a Coke bezel to my 16710 Pepsi I simply walked into my local AD in Cheltenham and purchased one, though they did insist on fitting it there and then. Within 10 minutes of getting home I'd swapped it back to the Pepsi.
    I’ll try this!

You'll need to use an AD with a parts account, not all do. Last time I bought any parts through an AD I had to provide a pic of the warranty card for the watch - that was for a new bracelet though.
    It's just a matter of time...

Journeyman
    I think that’s fair enough from the AD ?

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    You'll need to use an AD with a parts account, not all do. Last time I bought any parts through an AD I had to provide a pic of the warranty card for the watch - that was for a new bracelet though.

Master
    Yeh
    Local AD should be able to get those inserts.
    May want to see the watches

Quote Originally Posted by d2ore View Post
    I think that’s fair enough from the AD ?
    They had to provide proof of watch and ownership to Rolex, before they would supply the parts to them for my order.
    It's just a matter of time...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    Interesting.

Just popped into DMR Manchester and they want £120 for a new insert, fitting and a click spring for my 16613

Opinions??

From memory RSJ will supply a new one and return the old one for under £70, however you need to have the watch in hand as they will not supply anything otherwise.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petewon View Post
    My local SC quoted me £90 to replace the spring in my 16710. I had the insert changed, retained the old one for £55 at St James. Oh and they replaced the spring FOC.
    I’m too far away from RSJ, never visit London or I’d do that

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I’m too far away from RSJ, never visit London or I’d do that
    A cheap ticket each way booked well in advance will allow you to visit the big smoke and deal with the situation - you'll have peace of mind and no hassles, plus you could visit a couple of watch shops whilst there - I travel occasionaly from Coventry and can get a single as low as £8 one way if im lucky

I was quoted £50 fitted by Goldsmiths a few months ago and they will give you your old bezel back.

I believe that RSC is currently shut for refurbishment (read it on here somewhere) so a wasted trip for you ATM Rick.

Also the price of £55 exchange is for GMT bezels (and I presume submariners/Seadwellers too) but the stainless steel models. As yours is TT then the insert is a little different so the price is likely to be higher.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I believe that RSC is currently shut for refurbishment (read it on here somewhere) so a wasted trip for you ATM Rick.

Also the price of £55 exchange is for GMT bezels (and I presume submariners/Seadwellers too) but the stainless steel models. As yours is TT then the insert is a little different so the price is likely to be higher.
    Not quite yet. I was there this week (see my rant post), staff did not have an exact close date but could be end September - for maybe three months, so be quick!

Can make a quick phone call before travel to make sure is my advice.

M

I've just dropped my watch into Goldsmiths (my local has a Rolex Technician employed there), it'll take roughly a week to source and replace my coke with a Pepsi and I get my coke bezel back for the price of £55.