closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Police,Camera ,Auction. ITV

Craftsman

Police,Camera ,Auction. ITV

Proceeds of crime PP Aquanauts and the like making over retail prices,interesting viewing.

Much in the way that the less desirable end of society strives to own these doesn't surprise me that they sell over list in an auction. After all what's the difference between buying at a police auction over a public auction?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    A couple of years ago I saw an interesting watch at a general house clearance auction. At the time, the auctioneers hadn’t connected their business to the online bidding portals like Saleroom so there were often bargains to be had.

I googled the watch and serial number to see what it might be worth only to see several of warnings on various sites that this serial was associated with a large number of fakes. I discreetly pointed this out to the auctioneer but they weren’t interested. “Everything is sold as seen”.

Buyer beware!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern971 View Post
    Much in the way that the less desirable end of society strives to own these doesn't surprise me that they sell over list in an auction. After all what's the difference between buying at a police auction over a public auction?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app
    One important difference was that every watch was checked and verified by an expert. So if a Rolex is up for grabs, you can be certain that it is genuine.

The prices went above retail and I would guess that a Buyers Commission is applied on top of that, so possibly an expensive way to buy a watch.

Great programme title though!

I watched it too, it was interesting seeing the expert do his appraisals of the watches and weeding out some fakes. Good that the fakes we destroyed.

Gutted that I missed out on the used Prada speedos for a tenner. Just my size too!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    One important difference was that every watch was checked and verified by an expert. So if a Rolex is up for grabs, you can be certain that it is genuine.
    The place is less than a mile from me and I know one of the 'experts' (now retired) who worked for them. I can't remember the exact details but there was one Rolex that had a genuine movement and all appeared kosher but it later transpired to be a franken and came back to haunt him.

Loved them showing the two GMT's and saying how you can spot the genuine Rolex by the level of detail and finishing on the movement. Yeah, there's that and the fact that one of them had a gold plated ETA (probably a clone) inside.

I'd take a punt if they had something I wanted but I'd be asking to see it with the back off first and verifying it myself.