closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko monster (6r15 movement), hack function no longer working. Warranty?

Master

Seiko monster (6r15 movement), hack function no longer working. Warranty?

I've just gone to set the time on my Jade monster and it no longer hacks when the crown is pulled out to the setting position :-(
    I've had a few other 6r15 powered Seiko's and never had an issue with them, in fact they've been ultra reliable and quite accurate. Anyone else had this issue and would it be a simple fix?

Also looking at the watch it was manufactured 08/18 so only just a year old (I'm not the original purchaser). Would Seiko UK touch it or no chance with it being a JDM watch? I'll have to dig the box out and have a look at the card.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by j4ckal View Post
    Also looking at the watch it was manufactured 08/18 so only just a year old (I'm not the original purchaser). Would Seiko UK touch it or no chance with it being a JDM watch? I'll have to dig the box out and have a look at the card.
    Dunno if they'd do it if it doesn't have a European warranty card but phoning and asking them won't do any harm. They've been pleasantly helpful on the occasions I've called them (albeit not for a warranty issue like this).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Dunno if they'd do it if it doesn't have a European warranty card but phoning and asking them won't do any harm. They've been pleasantly helpful on the occasions I've called them (albeit not for a warranty issue like this).
    Yes it's got a Japanese warranty (small booklet type) so a no go I'm guessing. I'll still enquire though. What are they like for small service/repair jobs like this? Would I be better with an independent?

Blog Entries
    What are they like for small service/repair jobs like this? Would I be better with an independent?
    I've not used them for repairs either (sorry!) but I've seen people on here say that they were fine. On a modern watch I'd not hesitate to use them. For an older watch, though, I'd want to question them as to parts availability and their view of replacement movements rather than servicing movements.

Their prices are on their website: http://www.seikoservice.co.uk/

I'd just ask, not like you lose anything by doing so.

When I picked up new watches in Japan (JDM ) I was told it had an international guarantee, so don't see why yours wouldn't.
    Yes it's got a Japanese warranty (small booklet type) so a no go I'm guessing. I'll still enquire though. What are they like for small service/repair jobs like this? Would I be better with an independent?
    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Thanks for the replies, I'll give them a bell next week when I'm off work.

Just dropped it on a rubber strap last night so an excuse for a pic.

Blog Entries
    ^^^ Very nice. I find those 6R15 Monsters very appealing.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    ^^^ Very nice. I find those 6R15 Monsters very appealing.
    Cheers.
    Yes for the money there's not much in the Seiko line up that can touch it, they have a really solid quality feel to them and the dial is just lovely.
    I really like the monster bracelet too, like the rest of the watch, very solid feeling, just fancied a go with it on the rubber (it's a 22mm that I've squeezed in there).
    These are obviously not to everyone's tastes, but it's a classic and the best incarnation of the monster to date I believe (other than the knurled crown).

Craftsman
    If I was forced to trim down to just one Monster it would be this one.

I've recently used the UK service centre very successfully for a warranty repair on a watch I imported from Malaysia. They should honour the warranty. However, be quick because they honour the warranty on UK bought watches for two years, but only one year for international warranty.

Master
    Spoke to Seiko UK this morn, they were quite helpful. Hopefully should be covered under international warranty so it's on its way to them via rmsd now.
    I'll update when I get a quote back from them.
    Thanks for the help everyone.

Blog Entries
    Spoke to Seiko UK this morn, they were quite helpful. Hopefully should be covered under international warranty so it's on its way to them via rmsd now.
    I'll update when I get a quote back from them.
    Thanks for the help everyone.
    Good, thanks for the update so far.

Great result.

Just hope they cover it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app

Great result so far, all looking good!

Master
    So, I sent the watch off to Seiko UK and they returned a quote of £170 to replace the movement, they won't repair just the defective part(s).
    I spoke to them on the phone to double check the quote and they won't honour the warranty as it's only valid in Japan (even though it was less than 12 month old when I sent it in).
    In the end I've had it sent back, surely it doesn't warrant a full movement replacement (obviously it's more cost/time effective for them). I think I'll look for an independent and maybe look at getting the hardlex changed to a crystal without cyclops at the same time.

Which independent would be the best to contact for having a modern Seiko repaired?

Anyone removed the cyclops on a 6r15 monster?? Be nice to see what it looks like.

Blog Entries
    So, I sent the watch off to Seiko UK and they returned a quote of £170 to replace the movement, they won't repair just the defective part(s).
    I spoke to them on the phone to double check the quote and they won't honour the warranty as it's only valid in Japan (even though it was less than 12 month old when I sent it in).
    In the end I've had it sent back, surely it doesn't warrant a full movement replacement (obviously it's more cost/time effective for them). I think I'll look for an independent and maybe look at getting the hardlex changed to a crystal without cyclops at the same time.

Which independent would be the best to contact for having a modern Seiko repaired?

Anyone removed the cyclops on a 6r15 monster?? Be nice to see what it looks like.
    It's very disappointing that they won't effect a repair on such a new watch, especially on a movement that is repairable.

As for repairers, possibly MartinCRC of this forum (his website is https://adventuresinamateurwatchfettling.com/)