closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: DJ 41 - can ADs order a different bracelet.

DJ 41 - can ADs order a different bracelet.

I have seen a nice DJ41 recently at an AD, however it comes with an oyster bracelet and would prefer the jubilee.

Are ADs able to order an extra bracelet? And if so, any idea of cost?

Thanks

Craftsman
    Goldsmith's were quite happy to swap them about on the DJ41 when I bought mine assuming they have another watch in stock with the required bracelet.

If you did want to buy an extra they are about £1150 as of c12 months ago, possibly a bit more now. A quick call to rsc will give you the exact price. Jubilee is slightly more than oyster.

Craftsman
    I recently purchased a DJ 36 on an oyster from Wempe and asked about ordering a jubilee at the same fine only to be told Rolex don’t allow this. Seemed odd to me, but the sales assistant was adamant this was Rolex policy.

Master
    My AD quoted me £1200 for the jubilee bracelet for one 41mm SS watch.

Master
    I wanted the Oyster but the DJ in WoS was a Jubilee. "No dramas" says the salesman, "I'll swap it for you". On telling this to the salesman in my local Mappin and Webb he said that they could do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    I recently purchased a DJ 36 on an oyster from Wempe and asked about ordering a jubilee at the same fine only to be told Rolex don’t allow this. Seemed odd to me, but the sales assistant was adamant this was Rolex policy.
    Sounds rather weird.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Sounds rather weird.
    Yeah Tony, but things have been getting weirder and weirder with rolex year after year.

The strange thing is - whenever lve phoned them over something to be clarified, they always shrug their shoulders, act surprised and put it down to dealer preference...

...the last time l did this, however, was over a year ago, so maybe now they're completely brazen.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Sounds rather weird.
    I agree, it does. I can't think of a reason why they wouldn't supply a bracelet separately, but as I said, the sales person was adamant.

As an aside, the DJ with fluted bezel and oyster combination is a little less bling than it looks with the same bezel and the jubilee, even with the PCLs. But it would have been nice to have the option to change the look every now and then.

Master
    The last new DJ I bought the dealer offered to change the bracelet there and then.

Yes, the AD did say they could swap it with a jubilee bracelet from another watch for the additional cost. Would this have any bearing on the originality of the watch with regards to its reference number?

Quote Originally Posted by GMT2 View Post
    Yes, the AD did say they could swap it with a jubilee bracelet from another watch for the additional cost. Would this have any bearing on the originality of the watch with regards to its reference number?
    No it won't

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk