closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: One that got away... SRP mini restoration and mod

Threaded View

One that got away... SRP mini restoration and mod

I was thinking of maybe modding an SRP777 a while back, so when one came up at the right place I bought it. Long story short I changed my mind and I eventually put it up on SC when I had to move a few on at short notice.

Anyhow the sale fell through as I had failed to accurately describe the condition of the watch. Not drastically but enough that I immediately refunded the seller and covered costs to get it back and decide for myself.

Anyhow on proper inspection it was really in need of some love and attention. So I set about ordering all new gaskets, a new flat Sapphire crystal, signed crown so I could do a full strip, clean and mini restoration whilst sorting the sloppy bezel action.

At the same time I decided to apply a brushed finish to the bezel. I love the Seiko diver bezel rings but they are pretty shiny which I think is a bit much with the polished case sides. Also applied a brushed finish between the lugs on the case.

Turned out ok I think I particularly like the simplicity of the SRP777 and it's clearly the closest of the Turtle re-issues to the classic 6309-7040. The flat sapphire with AR really makes a difference.
    Last edited by mrwozza70; 8th August 2019 at 20:11.