closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice required on a difficult situation

Bloody hell, what are things coming to. Sorry you're having to deal with this.

I am all for the benefit of the doubt. Its just funny how every time there is a delay in fulfilling their side of a deal, someone's mother is ill or they've been drafted for active service on their Venezuelan passport.
    Last edited by dice; 8th August 2019 at 15:52.

Quote Originally Posted by hops View Post
    The police would not deem this a criminal matter and are likely to suggest it is a civil dispute.
    It is a criminal offence under the Theft Act. I would report this to the Police after a reasonable period of time to give him chance to pay you back. The fact he hasn't really communicated speaks volumes.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    It is a criminal offence under the Theft Act. I would report this to the Police after a reasonable period of time to give him chance to pay you back. The fact he hasn't really communicated speaks volumes.
    Where is the evidence of an 'intention to permanently deprive'?

A vital element for the offence of theft to be complete.

I agree it's extremely poor behaviour on a forum that's based on trust but am still not convinced it has crossed the line into criminality.

Nothing to stop the OP reporting it though and seeing what his local force has to say.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hops View Post
    Where is the evidence of an 'intention to permanently deprive'?

A vital element for the offence of theft to be complete.
    Fair enough but there isn't any time limit, is there? If I take a bottle of booze from Tesco without paying, I think that would be accepted as theft at that time.

In reality, I agree the Police won't be interested. Last time I went down the local cop shop to get a crime number, there wasn't even an officer on the desk just some civilian.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I agree the Police won't be interested.
    They're not interested in anything except their pensions.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Seems somewhat harsh...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-49273979

Not defending the seller and have no connection, but Steve has had good Hero posts in the past, so maybe there might be some truth behind the stories

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    If I take a bottle of booze from Tesco without paying, I think that would be accepted as theft at that time.
    That's a fundamentally different scenario to this one.

Dodgy though this scenario may seem, there is no overwhelming evidence of intent to permanently deprive here.

Yes, I suspect that a lot of criminal intent does get 'hidden' under civil matters but unless and until the law changes (it wouldn't necessarily take a large change in the law, possibly even just a different interpretation of current laws), things are as they are.

He who has never had a watch knocked out of his hands by his dog, let him be the first to throw a stone.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Journeyman
    How far away does he live ? Is it impractibke to just drive down and sort it out

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    He who has never had a watch knocked out of his hands by his dog/cat/urban fox/Eurasian eagle owl/slow worm/goldfish (delete as applicable), let him be the first to throw a stone.
    FTFY … kind of

Master
    The problem is none of this stacks up, giving different reasons each time and even if the third one is true (very sad if it is), there’s no excuse with the first two reasons. It should have been addressed last week. To me once you have been paid for an item you have a duty both morally and in the spirit of this forum, to ensure the buyer gets it as soon as possible, unless you’ve agreed on something different. Not having the all funds to refund is unacceptable, but let’s say that was the case, why didn’t the seller do the right thing and refund what he did have and apologise and say I’ll give you the balance in a couple of days.

The OP has been turned over here and shouldn’t have to be dealing with it.

He who has never had a watch knocked out of his hands by his dog, let him be the first to throw a bone.
    FTFY

Advice required on a difficult situation

I feel very sorry for the OP, and I do not accept that issues in someones life are reason to cease to communicate. Even if incapacitated by grief you would ask a mate or relative to deal with it.

How long are you expected to wait? The OP has been very patient with this matter. At this stage, I would give a deadline of close of business tomorrow for a refund, failing that I would report it to the police. I'm an understanding guy, but there are limits. I think the OP should follow his gut instinct.

Sorry

Dave
    Last edited by helidoc; 8th August 2019 at 18:44.

Master
    He who has never had a watch knocked out of his hands by his dog, let him be the first to throw a stone.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I think at the very least it’s time to name and shame the miscreant formally now in a villain post and proceed to reclaiming via a civil case. Good luck OP

Hello

Dick!

As if anyone joins the Police for the pay or pension!

Hello

Name and shame OP.

Best of luck in resolving the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by burnside View Post
    Name and shame OP.

Best of luck in resolving the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I think at the very least it’s time to name and shame the miscreant formally now in a villain post and proceed to reclaiming via a civil case. Good luck OP

Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    I have given the seller a further period to refund me, and informed him that I’ll begin legal action and post details in H&V if I don’t have my £1375 refund by then.

I’ll update this post / H&V if there are developments.

I have given the seller until close of business Tuesday 13 August 2019 to refund my £1375 and don’t want to post anything in H&V before then.

I did receive a text today from the seller who is ‘a tad busy’ but ‘hoping to get home this evening or first thing tomorrow and will be able to sort then’.

I’ll update this thread tomorrow.

Craftsman
    Ahh That’s what the officer was thinking about when He took on a guy with a machete

I have given the seller until close of business Tuesday 13 August 2019 to refund my £1375 and don’t want to post anything in H&V before then.

I did receive a text today from the seller who is ‘a tad busy’ but ‘hoping to get home this evening or first thing tomorrow and will be able to sort then’.

That at least sounds encouraging. And the seller sounds like he is having a terrible time if his situation is correct so hope he is ok too.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

I think you’ve done the right thing.

The seller has 41 positive reviews in H&V over a long period of time (with no negative reviews) and it is very unlikely that he would ruin his good reputation for the sake of £1,375.

I’m not saying I would be happy if I were the buyer here, in fact I would be fuming, but my gut feeling is that the seller is going through a difficult period and will come good.

Good on you for being the bigger man, remaining patient and not succumbing to some of the more aggressive advice on this thread! If your deadline expires without a resolution then it’s time to go nuclear...

You're only ever as good as your last deal.
    Last edited by number2; 8th August 2019 at 23:18.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

My boss told me once. Get off the bloody email and call them... Texts are sometimes good but not for serious things.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Best of luck today. As others have stated let's hope the buyer is fine and well and comes through with a refund! Would be horrible to think that there are criminals in action on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by bdkelly72 View Post
    My boss told me once. Get off the bloody email and call them... Texts are sometimes good but not for serious things.
    ...but they are good as a record of what was said and by whom.

I hate eBay ads which give minimal information and give a telephone number for questions. What's said on the phone is no use in any later resolution.

Master
    It takes 2-3 minutes to do a bank transfer.

Obvious pay day loan scam. The ever escalating excuses , the claims of being busy. What a rotter claiming his mother is dying . Karma is a bitch.

Last time this happened to me I got the bloke’s personal details off his previous customers ( many who had similar tales of delays). Called him up at his work through the office switchboard , warned him I knew who he was and for him to do the needful.

Paid the money back within a few hours. Not someone on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    ...but they are good as a record of what was said and by whom.

I hate eBay ads which give minimal information and give a telephone number for questions. What's said on the phone is no use in any later resolution.
    I agree. But if I owed someone I would call, when I am afraid or do not call in my experience I am usually afraid of the truth. That's from my experience and that's all I'm sharing, but I doubt I'm alone. Let the emails evidence what they do.. That's good also

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Well done.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Top marks to you for the way you are handling what is a difficult and awkward situation.

I take my hat off to you.

Hope it resolves itself amicably.

If what the seller is saying about his mother is true then, having been in a similar situation myself - though no money was involved - I can fully understand where his priorities lie. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is more important than that person! You have to have been there to appreciate that, everything else is completely unimportant at the time..

Credit to you Vortgern in giving him a reasonable amount of time to sort this out, Given the sellers previous good feedback I'm sure it will turn out well for you.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Hope this works out well for you. Credit for the way you have handled this.
    From my experience having lost both parents quickly one with an illness and knowing we was to lose him in the coming days. I can say for me time and normal life stops. I was lucky in that I had no money to send or goods to send but if I did it wouldn’t of been done. My head was not in the real world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    Hope this works out well for you. Credit for the way you have handled this.
    From my experience having lost both parents quickly one with an illness and knowing we was to lose him in the coming days. I can say for me time and normal life stops. I was lucky in that I had no money to send or goods to send but if I did it wouldn’t of been done. My head was not in the real world.
    The emailed response from the person in question would have taken the same amount of time and energy to do ( possibly more) than just refunding with a bank transfer.

Escalating excuses , dog broke the watch then its imminent death of a family member is the usual pathetic pattern of someone delaying the refund until it suits them. Pay day loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    The emailed response from the person in question would have taken the same amount of time and energy to do ( possibly more) than just refunding with a bank transfer.

Escalating excuses , dog broke the watch then its imminent death of a family member is the usual pathetic pattern of someone delaying the refund until it suits them. Pay day loan.
    Not disputing that. I gave my personal experience of my head space when I lost a parent. I’m not making excuses for him. Or judging the reasons he has put across. But IF his mother is soon to pass his head could well rightly be all over the place.

Master
    But IF his mother is soon to pass his head could well rightly be all over the place.

If wishes were horses beggars would ride.
    Last edited by Mr.D; 9th August 2019 at 11:50.

IF his mother is soon to pass his head could well rightly be all over the place.
    "If his mother is soon to pass" ... I'll bare my arse in Fenwick's window.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    "If his mother is soon to pass" ... I'll bare my arse in Fenwick's window.
    Really quite distasteful...

Quote Originally Posted by FazerBoy View Post
    I expect all those passing the window while his arse is on display may have similar thoughts ....... :D

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FazerBoy View Post
    I think thats presumptuous, for all we know he's got a lovely bottom and the recipients of its exhibition might be eternally grateful.

Any update?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.chef View Post
    Any update?
    I think he is still preparing his arse for the window, and Fenwicks have a few health and safety issues by all accounts. Sorry for humour in difficult situation.. But that was set up for that.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by burnside View Post
    As if anyone joins the Police for the pay or pension!
    Indeed, they join to work undercover and shag loads of women!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Indeed, they join to work undercover and shag loads of women!
    And a glimpse of Seamaster73’s feisty bottom.

Still no refund and no contact.

Maybe the cat ate his phone?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

What a disgusting human being.

Still no refund and no contact.
    Time to name and shame (not that we don't already know) and see if anyone has his address from a previous deal.

'Signed For' letter threatening route of CCJ if not repaid.

Craftsman
    OP you have been incredibly patient and have dealt with the situation extremely well, I on the other hand probably wouldn’t have been so patient. He would have been a ‘tad busy’ if it was my money.

Time to name the person to help you get your money back.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronet king View Post
    OP you have been incredibly patient and have dealt with the situation extremely well, I on the other hand probably wouldn’t have been so patient. He would have been a ‘tad busy’ if it was my money.

Time to name the person to help you get your money back.
    It’s not too difficult to work it out...