closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nice watch for sale.....shame the seller's a Bear Pit Bozo

Grand Master

Nice watch for sale.....shame the seller's a Bear Pit Bozo

Over the past few days a watch cropped up on SC that I would've been very keen to buy..........until I saw who was selling.

Not an easy one to find, and but I won`t deal with the seller based on the unpleasant persona he portrays by his Bear Pit/Draft Thread (and other) posts.

Might be cutting off my nose to spite my face here, much as I fancied the watch (which looked OK, and it is hard to source) I refuse to deal with him.

Message to all Bear Pit Bozos: Don`t be surprised when folks won`t deal with you.

That unmatched date wheel would get on my nerves

One of the positives about the BP is that it generally confines nastiness to one thread rather than it bleeding out into the rest of the forum. Following on nicely from that is one of the few rules of the BP: "no personal vendettas".

Are we seeing any irony here? Any at all?

Maybe the seller would also be selective about who he sells to?

But fair play, there are members who I wouldn't go near with a barge pole who still manage to readily sell stuff. For some people principles go out the window when it comes to £££.

EDITED: I should’ve known better commenting in this thread..
    Last edited by VDG; 6th August 2019 at 20:50.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Over the past few days a watch cropped up on SC that I would've been very keen to buy..........until I saw who was selling.

Not an easy one to find, and but I won`t deal with the seller based on the unpleasant persona he portrays by his Bear Pit/Draft Thread (and other) posts.

Might be cutting off my nose to spite my face here, much as I fancied the watch (which looked OK, and it is hard to source) I refuse to deal with him.

Message to all Bear Pit Bozos: Don`t be surprised when folks won`t deal with you.
    It's funny because I don't buy watches if they've been serviced by a couple of particular people.

I don't always agree with you but would still buy a watch that you'd serviced. To put your point the other way round, do you think people wouldn't come to you for work if they didn't agree with how you present yourself on the forum?
    "A man of little significance"

Simple answer, stay away from the bear pit...

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

After all the harping you do about the vindictive, unpleasant nature of the Bear Pit then you start this petty, spiteful thread in Watch Talk. Pathetic mate. You need to practice what you preach.

I'm at a loss why you feel you needed to start this thread at all. Remember a PM you sent me bemoaning the bullying etc that stemmed from the Bear Pit (this was just after you'd "left" the forum, never to return, how's that working out for you?). My response to you was that you should consider how you engage with people and how your tone might be perceived by those on the receiving end. Seems like you didn't learn anything.

<awaits PM with some ranting sh*te. It will be deleted without reading>

Usual moaning (or is that whining?) sh*te from you. You have issues, get a grip!
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Blog Entries
    Based on the OP's attitude displayed over years I would never consider using him to service or repair any of my watches so it works both ways.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    Based on the OP's attitude displayed over years I would never consider using him to service or repair any of my watches so it works both ways.

I agree.

You couldn't make it up.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Somebody's using Sales Corner to sell a watch?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Somebody's using Sales Corner to sell a watch?

Funnily enough when I was eventually able to visit the SC I was amazed with all the tat for sale.

Stupid me just expected to see adverts for watches for sale .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    Funnily enough when I was eventually able to visit the SC I was amazed with all the tat for sale.

Flip flops for the flippers perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    After all the harping you do about the vindictive, unpleasant nature of the Bear Pit then you start this petty, spiteful thread in Watch Talk. Pathetic mate. You need to practice what you preach.
    Well said. Maybe the late hour had something to do with it!

Master
    Message deleted
    Last edited by Mick P; 6th August 2019 at 20:14.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post

Same, now I've seen it i for one can't wait to get to 250 posts, I can then put my old junk up for sale with all the other junk.

Craftsman
    I wouldn't dream of putting anything other than watches on SC, Gumtree works perfectly well for my junk and is free and doesn't attract "feedback" other than someone turning up at my front door with spondoolies.

As for the tone of discussion between some people here, I bet most would not happen on a face to face basis. There are far too many people who grow false balls when they're sat behind a keyboard. I read several forums and this has to be one of the worst for goading.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by broxie View Post
    I wouldn't dream of putting anything other than watches on SC, Gumtree works perfectly well for my junk and is free and doesn't attract "feedback" other than someone turning up at my front door with spondoolies.

As for the tone of discussion between some people here, I bet most would not happen on a face to face basis. There are far too many people who grow false balls when they're sat behind a keyboard. I read several forums and this has to be one of the worst for goading.
    Nail on head Broxie!
    Funny enough, those I’ve met face to face from the site have all been great guys and we’ve had a laugh at some of the shennagins that go on. I’ve got a reasonably sized group of chaps I’d sell and buy from and send the odd pm back and forth. TBF without SC that would not have happened. I’ve even bought a pair of boots from SC as well as Belstaff / Barracuta coats that I would never have purchased at usual RRP.
    However there is also a group of angry men in sheds fumigating at the world and perceived injustice. When they band together you can end up with a posse.
    I’ve noticed that some responses to the original poster don’t even begin with a polite tone. It appears aggressive from the outset. The OP may well be wrong posting this in some people’s eyes but from a helicopter view it’s like th heavy artillery have been drawn up to aim fire at him and yes , you can see the goading.

Master
    Let’s keep a sense of perspective; SC works well....plenty of members are able to buy and sell watches at good prices, from likeable and honest people.
    And that’s what matters.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Really not watch talk material. This is a public forum, there is a private forum for bickering amongst yourselves.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Really not watch talk material. This is a public forum, there is a private forum for bickering amongst yourselves.
    Provided you don’t upset certain people of course ;-)
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Plenty of people that folk wont buy from or sell to, only one prize bozo posting a thread about it.

Journeyman
    +1

QUOTE=broxie;5166778]I wouldn't dream of putting anything other than watches on SC, Gumtree works perfectly well for my junk and is free and doesn't attract "feedback" other than someone turning up at my front door with spondoolies.

As for the tone of discussion between some people here, I bet most would not happen on a face to face basis. There are far too many people who grow false balls when they're sat behind a keyboard. I read several forums and this has to be one of the worst for goading.[/QUOTE]

Blog Entries

Edited.

Last edited by MFB Scotland; 6th August 2019 at 20:01.

Master
    Message deleted.
    Last edited by Mick P; 6th August 2019 at 20:15.

Just strange that his offensive posts always come after midnight. Must be the moon, then.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Just strange that his offensive posts always come after midnight. Must be the moon, then.
    Maybe Mick hasn't picked up on this but this has been mentioned a few times before.

Last edited by Der Amf; 7th August 2019 at 08:23. Reason: Since we're all deleting.....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    Maybe Mick hasn't picked up on this but this has been mentioned a few times before.

Yes mentioned as a cheap jibe. Very few people get drunk or affected by medicines late at night and if you cannot see how you are insulting thousands of people then I surely give up on you.

I don't expect you to apologise because you won't, I just hope you will stop doing it.

Frankly, this is a disgrace. The one and only forum moderator is on his sickbed and you guys chose to behave this way.

Talk to the guy who created the thread, publically attacking a specific member in the open part of the forum.

Craftsman

You could have enjoyed your day perfectly well without saying that, keeping to yourself that you wouldn’t buy the watch. What a very odd decision and an odd post, seemingly written without a hint of irony.

Craftsman
    Has it? By whom? Think carefully before you answer, the genie can go back in the lamp if you delete the comment. I`ll delete my subsequent response.

Frankly, this is a disgrace. The one and only forum moderator is on his sickbed and you guys chose to behave this way. I`don`t mind the fact that some on here dislike me, that's par for the TZ course, but making unfounded allegations is a step too far.

Not for me to comment about the allegations , but I would politely suggest that you forget about potential legal retribution.

Most on here including me will not know you from Adam , nor who made the allegations , but I’d suggest by Wednesday night most on here will have all forgotten about them anyway.

The potential legal costs will well outweigh any sense of justice in this instance.

Move on , most on this board will all ready have done so.

Blog Entries

I have edited my previous post as I don’t want to cause the OP genuine upset and Eddie any hassle given his current health issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Talk to the guy who created the thread, publically attacking a specific member in the open part of the forum.
    You. Could. Not. Make. It. Up.

Trumpian, in every sense.

Master
    Message deleted.

Master
    MFB

I have deleted three of my postings where your comments were on view.

I suggest you just be more careful in future how you phrase an insult. Saying you think someone is stupid is one thing but implying that they are habitually drunk or on medication is way over the line.

Hopefully everyone will just now move on.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Really Paul? This how you have seen fit to progress with the thread, shame on you.

A great example of walking up to a wasps nest, kicking it, then crying over a few little stings.

If you can't take it OP, then don't dish it out. No offence meant... just the way it is.

Since this is Watch Talk..... I think you should buy the watch anyway, you're both men capable of behaving in sensible businesslike ways. If that watch doesn't sell here, it'll go for decent money somewhere else, and it's so your thing: the only nose in danger of being cut off is your own. Perhaps you would prefer an example more in need of the attention you're capable of giving - but is that variant likely to have been given a hard life?

Master
    WoW!, welcome back to the 'Forum' Paul. You have certainly come back with a 'BANG' that's for sure. I'd read your 'leaving' posts a couple of months ago?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    WoW!, welcome back to the 'Forum' Paul. You have certainly come back with a 'BANG' that's for sure. I'd read your 'leaving' posts a couple of months ago?
    Had a think, decided I shouldn't let the forum idiots drive me away.

Clearly my original post here has split opinion, the point I was trying to make has been lost on some.

Behaviour in all parts of the forum defines how you're perceived, there's an element of futility in deciding you dislike an individual enough to not deal with him when you've never met him, but that's how it feels and that's how I reached my decision. I didn`t name anyone and I certainly didn`t question anyone's honesty. I think folks are missing that point I was making, I`m implicitly criticising all those who blemish their character by posting vindictive crap behind the Bear Pit banner. The Draft Thread is the heart of it, posts on there are dwindling but there's a hard core who get together and spread the poison. They know who they are, we all know, clearly they get kick out of their childish vindictive behaviour. The response to this thread typifies the problem, no surprises there.

In my book you can`t have it both ways and be two separate people on the open forum and the Bear Pit. It's OK saying 'don't view the postings' etc but it doesn`t work that way.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    MFB

I have deleted three of my postings where your comments were on view.

I suggest you just be more careful in future how you phrase an insult. Saying you think someone is stupid is one thing but implying that they are habitually drunk or on medication is way over the line.

Hopefully everyone will just now move on.
    Don't be so bloody ridiculous.
    "keep taking the meds" is a well used quip and not meant to be taken literally.
    You are well enough versed not to come out with tosh like that.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Don't be so bloody ridiculous.
    "keep taking the meds" is a well used quip and not meant to be taken literally.
    You are well enough versed not to come out with tosh like that.
    Disagree.

Some folks really do rely on medication and they don’t take kindly to throwaway quips like this.

I’s all about concern for impact, would you say that in a face to face conversation, and would you be happy if your wife/family knew you were making spiteful comments like this on a forum?

Run these two tests before clicking on the reply button, you may do yourself a favour.

Saw your comment on the Draft Thread aimed at me.........pathetic!

From the get-go, this thread was an obvious candidate for The Bear Pit. This thread has nothing to do with watch talk. The OP knew this when creating the thread.

Master
    All too often fundamentally decent people here get caught up in the desire to score a point, get the final word in. These online spats serve no useful purpose. I know I’ve fallen into that trap a few times. You end up checking back every few minutes, awaiting a response to your last posting, even feeling a little deflated when your nemesis hasn’t done so as promptly as you expected. These situations rapidly become all consuming and unhealthy, borderline toxic.

Always better to make your peace with your opponent. Being the first to extend the olive branch isn’t a sign of weakness. There’s enough grief in the real world without creating it here.

Had a think, decided I shouldn't let the forum idiots drive me away.

Clearly my original post here has split opinion, the point I was trying to make has been lost on some.

Behaviour in all parts of the forum defines how you're perceived, there's an element of futility in deciding you dislike an individual enough to not deal with him when you've never met him, but that's how it feels and that's how I reached my decision. I didn`t name anyone and I certainly didn`t question anyone's honesty. I think folks are missing that point I was making, I`m implicitly criticising all those who blemish their character by posting vindictive crap behind the Bear Pit banner. The Draft Thread is the heart of it, posts on there are dwindling but there's a hard core who get together and spread the poison. They know who they are, we all know, clearly they get kick out of their childish vindictive behaviour. The response to this thread typifies the problem, no surprises there.

In my book you can`t have it both ways and be two separate people on the open forum and the Bear Pit. It's OK saying 'don't view the postings' etc but it doesn`t work that way.

Physician, heal thyself.

Journeyman
    Apologies for my ignorance but what is the Bear Pit?

After all these posts I am very curious but I can't seem to find it...