closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long did it take you to get to 250 posts (for SC)?

Craftsman

How long did it take you to get to 250 posts (for SC)?

I've been active on this forum for over 4 years and still nowhere near the SC sales post criteria. I try never to post crap (although readers may disagree), and certainly think it's bad form to spam the forum just to get the post count up, but it seems to be taking forever to get there (178 posts as of today, only an average of 0.1 per day!).

I've bought a couple of watches from SC by messaging the sellers but I've got some nice JDM Seiko quartz watches that I wish to sell and although Ebay is OK, I'd prefer if I could put them here where they might be more appreciated.

Should I start replying to every post to fast track to 250, it just seems a long way to get there! How long did it take you?

If you had posted a photo of your watch every Friday since you joined, plus the four Christmas Days, that would have been 222 posts.

Master
    No time at all, though When I joined it was only 50 posts.
    Some people are forum people and some aren't... I found it really easy when I joined to post loads - I did the obligatory "state of the collection" thread and started a few about my main focus of collecting (Seiko divers and chronos). There's half a dozen threads and related replies... I bet I made 50 in my first couple of weeks.

This place is about sharing opinions, asking questions and having a laugh while enjoying a shared hobby, something which (no offence intended) you clearly haven't thrown yourself into if you've only made 180 posts in your time as a member.

You're 70 short now. That's two weeks away if you post five a day - not excessive by any standards. Tell a joke or share a GIF in the boys room, add your opinion to one of the Rolex threads in watch talk or call someone a c*** in the bear pit and you're almost there for today ☺

Maybe post a couple of your favourite watches in WT with a mini review. Or do a collection shot and you can even give the watches you're selling a head-start.

You'll probably get a bit of flack for asking this but I hope not, this is a real issue for long standing members who aren't terribly active. Like I say, some people are just forum people. personally I can't imagine a day not coming on here, it's usually my first stop of the day.

Journeyman
    Proceeding at a very similar pace!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    If you had posted a photo of your watch every Friday since you joined, plus the four Christmas Days, that would have been 222 posts.
    Mmm the 222...

...see, this is easy, just be yourself and say what you've got to say. If it turns out to be forgettable rubbish, it gets forgotten, instantly.

Blog Entries
    I think the people who irritate are the +1 and nice watch brigade that bang on 250 and 60 days post a watch or watches on sales corner never to contribute again other than on SC

You don’t fall into that category (at all), so, just get involved in the conversation a bit more even if it might feel a little banale to compliment someone on their watch collection for instance or to mention that you like barbecuing too!

Ben

Blog Entries
    think the people who irritate are the +1 and nice watch brigade that bang on 250 posts and 60 days post a watch or watches on sales corner never to contribute again other than on SC

You don’t fall into that category (at all), so, just get involved in the conversation a bit more even if it might feel a little banale to compliment someone on their watch collection for instance or to mention that you like barbecuing too!

Ben

Master
    This would have been very ironic If you didn’t have over five and a half thousand posts 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I think the people who irritate are the +1 and nice watch brigade that bang on 250 and 60 days post a watch or watches on sales corner never to contribute again other than on SC

Ben
    think the people who irritate are the +1 and nice watch brigade that bang on 250 posts and 60 days post a watch or watches on sales corner never to contribute again other than on SC

Ben

Or you could post everything twice, like Ben
    Last edited by ed335d; 5th August 2019 at 09:42. Reason: Beaten to it

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post

Hehe :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Mmm the 222...

Is that yours? It's gorgeous..

Master
    Took me ages i guess but that was never why I joined so I never noticed - I just liked looking about watches and stuff.

I don't think I've ever sold one here and I have been here a while.

B

P.S. Jeez - 14 years.................where did they go :-)
    Last edited by Brian; 5th August 2019 at 10:25.

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Is that yours? It's gorgeous..
    Haha, if only. If I was pretending that watches that could never be mine were mine, I would have picked the even rarer square version.

Which with that bezel pattern should probably be nicknamed the Choco Leibnitz.

Craftsman
    I've got to view Sales Cornet but have resigned myself to using Watchfinder or ebay if i need to sell one.

I've been on a hifi forum for 12 years and they have introduced the same thing so i cant sell, only buy, but thats not such a bad thing

I got to the requisite in no time at all and I know sod all about watches

Craftsman
    Been a member since 2011 and am only just approaching 250!

In fact this post might actually take me to 250 - what a 'sprinter' eh!?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tom3949 View Post
    Been a member since 2011 and am only just approaching 250!

In fact this post might actually take me to 250 - what a 'sprinter' eh!?
    Yes - there it is 250!

Right - now I can put all my watches up for sale ...

Oh hang on - I'm a keeper - not a flipper!

:o)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by broxie View Post
    I've been active on this forum for over 4 years and still nowhere near the SC sales post criteria. I try never to post crap (although readers may disagree), and certainly think it's bad form to spam the forum just to get the post count up, but it seems to be taking forever to get there (178 posts as of today, only an average of 0.1 per day!).
    Patience my boy, you are but an amateur. it's took me 15 and a 1/2 years to achieve your average post rate. :)

Master
    I’m sure back in the day you could get access to SC as soon as you joined up.

But in today’s world, as the others have said, just get engaged and add your opinion, ask a question, add a comment, post a pic - it adds up really fast.

It doesn’t sound like access to SC has been your main objective so you won’t fall into the category of those that post only to get access and are then only active in SC.

Craftsman
    9 years ;)

Master
    Simply start or wade into an argument. Usually does the trick. 🙂

Ben
    +2

Quote Originally Posted by redkite View Post
    I've got to view Sales Cornet but have resigned myself to using Watchfinder or ebay if i need to sell one.

I've been on a hifi forum for 12 years and they have introduced the same thing so i cant sell, only buy, but thats not such a bad thing
    The sales Cornet is just the start, hit 10k posts and you get access to the full orchestra.
    Cheers..
    Jase

It's taking me a very long time ...... but this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    The sales Cornet is just the start, hit 10k posts and you get access to the full orchestra.
    I've been fearing that when I hit 10k I'll just get a revolver and a note saying do the right thing

Master
    I don’t think I had to do 250, maybe just 50, don’t think I knew it changed lol I’ve been around a few years mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been fearing that when I hit 10k I'll just get a revolver and a note saying do the right thing
    Not long to go to find out!
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by broxie View Post
    Should I start replying to every post to fast track to 250, it just seems a long way to get there!
    ... and then you'd have to hope that the infamous forum glitch didn't somehow reset your post count to 0.

Not long to go to find out!
    I know, it feels like the opposite of an achievement

Craftsman
    I've been a member since 2008, so a long time :)

Craftsman
    Thats quite scarey..... I play the Cornet and it must have autocorrected to that as i do use the word a lot, or did i just hit the wrong key

I'm just a few posts short after about 3 years, which is great because I've got loads of steel sports Rolex I want shot of ;)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    77 posts and a member since 2013....could take me a while longer

Craftsman
    I’m still waiting but this post will help :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    This would have been very ironic If you didn’t have over five and a half thousand posts 😂
    Is that how many I’ve posted? Blimey…. That’s pretty sad really!

Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    Damn my technique has been blown!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    +2
    Ban him Edward!

Master
    I don't really see the need to make people clock up 250 posts before they can access the SC.

My own view is that they should be able to access and buy from day one. The more buyers we have the better.

I can understand clocking up 250 postings for advertising as that does give you the opportunity to determine if he is a bounder or not.

I rushed along because I hoped to pick up a nice watch on SC. In the end I was getting tired of not posting much that was of use, but got some good advice on which AD was worth a try, so bought a ceramic Seamaster.

When I finally got access to SC I gave away a watch with a dead quartz movement, which I believe led to a donation of when it was fixed and sold, tried to sell a single shoe as a spoof because SC was becoming a great place to buy varying quality used shoes and flip flops, then offered a watch with no pictures or description, another spoof, at a time when watch sales descriptions were getting thinner.

I didn’t get to 250 posts for SC!

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    I don't really see the need to make people clock up 250 posts before they can access the SC.
    They don't. Suggest you re-read the requirements for accessing SC!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    They don't. Suggest you re-read the requirements for accessing SC!
    Yes you are correct, wrong requirements.

However do we really need to keep someone hanging around for 3 months just so as they can view SC. I cannot see any good reason why they should not be able to read it from day one.

However do we really need to keep someone hanging around for 3 months just so as they can view SC. I cannot see any good reason why they should not be able to read it from day one.
    No. Just two months.

Master

There is still a need for a bit of trust in a buyer too - hence the need to have some sort of history on here.

Without this, there would be more disputes and bound to be more hoovers buying things and selling off forum for a profit.

Craftsman
    9 years still 55 to go. <speed posting>

Bought a few items from SC via pm. No present desire to sell anything, so no rush.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    We just need about 250 threads about how long it takes to get to 250 and everyone who hasn’t yet made it can post to say they are not there yet.

Once we get to 250, everyone will be happy 😂

Not long.

I joined back in Nov last year and only at 147 .

Luckily Im a hoarder

Being quite new to this watch malarkey I cant offer much help , although I do give my opinion join in where I can.

Craftsman
    I’m another member of the decade plus club. Should easily get to 250 before my 15th anniversary of joining; there’s no rush, and I’m not counting.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    There is still a need for a bit of trust in a buyer too - hence the need to have some sort of history on here.

Without this, there would be more disputes and bound to be more hoovers buying things and selling off forum for a profit.
    We are getting all that sort of behaviour with people who have been here for years, so much for a vetting period.

Here’s me thinking I was a one off:-)

Blog Entries
    Patience is a virtue.

On the bright side, JDM Seikos are appreciating in price. The longer you wait, the more they'll be worth. ;-)

Remember that this is a discussion forum. SC is an addon privilege, not a core part of the forum. If you are primarily interested in selling them eBay really is the place.

Master
    I’ve got enough posts but nothing to sell. Bummer.