closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone flown easyjet recently? Hold luggage question

Blog Entries

Anyone flown easyjet recently? Hold luggage question

Flying at crack of dawn and last minute question I can't get an answer to. Our holiday package includes 4 hold bags at 15kg per bag but we want to take 3 bags at 20kg each. Is the fact that each bag will be over 15kg even though the total allowance is not breached going to be a problem?

I haven't a clue why the travel rep booked our trip like this but we only just noticed and I've been on hold to easyjet customer services for an hour.

Thanks!

Last time I flew Easyjet the hold baggage allowance was 23kg?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman
    Does this help?

http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/bagga...d-hold-luggage

AFAIK, the 23kg is a baggage handlers unionised max manual handling weight before the bag needs a "HEAVY" sticker on it. I think your travel agent may have made a mistake with the actual weight limit.

Believe there used to be a 20kg allowance. There is now 23kg and a cheaper 15kg allowance. Easyjet does allow you to 'pool' your allowance which I think means you will be okay.

Blog Entries
    Thanks all, think we'll risk it for a biscuit.

Given the general traffic warden like pusillanimity of airline and handling agent staff, if I booked 4 items at 15kg I’d take 4 items each not exceeding 15kg.

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    Given the general traffic warden like pusillanimity of airline and handling agent staff, if I booked 4 items at 15kg I’d take 4 items each not exceeding 15kg.
    PMSL - it is inevitable.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    This without question otherwise you could be starting your hols at the crack of dawn arguing with some jobsworth
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

My last unpleasant encounter with an EasyJet “handling agent” was “Laura” at Speke airport. I’d booked online an extra hold bag for my daughter’s return flight to the IoM and had the presence of mind to screenshot the confirmation on the EasyJet app that this had indeed been booked. Lo and behold when we got to the airport their booking system had no record of the additional bag. “Laura” wasn’t interested in my screenshot and said I’d have to pay the airport penalty fare for the extra bag. Best of all (and I can only assume based on her judging normal people by the standards of her Scouse council estate) she had the effing brass neck to ask me if I’d actually paid for the extra bag. Tip: when faced with an insolent handling agent clerk with an attitude problem, you can turn the tables and really spoil their day by photographing them and telling them you need a record of the person who needs retraining for when you send your complaint to head office.

Master
    The check-in / bag drop is automated at many airports these days, the machine will just calculate an excess weight charge if you try and take 3 heavier bags instead. I am actually flying with easyJet in about 4 hours time and we have 2*20kg and 2*15kg bags- the price of travelling with 2 young kids and all their stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    All good, one of the 3 cases weighed 24.7kg and no issues and no extra charge. Was surprised as I know how low cost airlines like to extract as many pennies as possible. Thanks all.

Master
    Hope all goes as well on way home. An ex girlfriend always took way too much stuff on holiday, well over the allowance. Never questioned on the way out, but always hit on the way home. Cynically I assumed as one could drop stuff back to the car on the way out, stymied on the way back.
    Luckily she always allowed me to pay the excess charges for her.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    All good, one of the 3 cases weighed 24.7kg and no issues and no extra charge. Was surprised as I know how low cost airlines like to extract as many pennies as possible. Thanks all.
    As they pool allowances, shouldn't matter unless you hit 32kg.

Enjoy your trip!