closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone using the Fuji 10-24mm or Samyang/Rikinon 12mm

Anyone using the Fuji 10-24mm or Samyang/Rikinon 12mm

Interested in opinions on wide angle options for Fuji.

Iím considering either a used Fuji 10-24mm or new Samyang/Rikinon 12mm, for interior/architectural photography.

Can you share your views on either lens?

Hi Chris, I use the Samyang 12mm on my Fuji X-T1 for landscape photography. Overall I think it's a fantastic lens for the money as long as you don't mind manual focus. It's sharp and relatively compact, so not too intrusive or big to lug around on your camera.

There's loads of positive reviews about it on youtube including the following which might be useful if you're looking for interior shots.

http://<a href="https://www.youtube....k4EKaPrM7c</a>

Here's a few examples of pics I've taken

If there's anything specific you need to know just ask.

Cheers,
    Gary

Craftsman

Iíve got the Samyang 12mm which I use with a Fuji X-T20 mainly for landscape/ travel. Doesnít get a huge amount of use but I do like it. I probably need to practice my manual focus technique more.
    Hereís a shot of Sleive League in Co Donegal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I've bitten the bullet and ordered a used Fujinon 10-24mm. The results and the reviews on the Rokinon look excellent but I've been impressed with the 18-55 & 35mm Fuji lenses I've got so I'm sticking with the brand for now and hoping the autofocus, image stability and zoom are worth the extra spend.

I'm holidaying in Wales at the end of the month so looking forward to finding some nice landscapes.

Craftsman
    Iíd probably have done the same Chris if I thought the usage Iíd get from it would have justified the cost.

I have the 18-55 as my go-to lens but I also like the 35mm f2.

Master
    I have the 10-24 and have only used it a couple of times, but I think it's a keeper. A perfect compliment to an 18-55 or 18-135.

Quote Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
    I have the 10-24 and have only used it a couple of times, but I think it's a keeper. A perfect compliment to an 18-55 or 18-135.
    It arrived yesterday and Iíve had a quick play with it and bought some filters from Amazon. Itís certainly bigger than I expected. Huge with the hood attached so itís a snug fit in my camera bag.

Iím sure I wonít use it that much but I do have the odd need to do a bit of building site and interior photography so thatís primarily why I bought it.

Journeyman

Fuji 10-24

I have the 10 - 24 Fuji on my Xpro 1. It is a bit on the large side but is a very capable lens. I also have the 18 -135 Fuji on a XT1 body
    That's my camera bag now. My prime's stop at home.