closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Council tax question

Craftsman

Council tax question

I paid my council tax today but a lapse of concentration meant that I put the wrong address in whilst making the payment. I did however put in the correct reference number so I don't think there would be a problem. I would contact the council but they are closed now and will be closed over the weekend. Has anyone done anything similar before and is this a problem?

Craftsman
    Don't worry about it, you put the correct account number on the payment and the Council's payment system will allocate it to the correct account number. If the payment system cannot allocate it to the correct account then it goes into the suspense account along with many other payments that the Council will receive, the council income staff are very well versed on sifting through the suspense account to track errant payments. When you made the payment did you receive a confimation email with a payment reference number and time of payment?

One local wag near me sends payments with the payment reference as 'Council Wankers', his payments always reach the correct account.

Quote Originally Posted by pcworks View Post

One local wag near me sends payments with the payment reference as 'Council Wankers', his payments always reach the correct account.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworks View Post
    Don't worry about it, you put the correct account number on the payment and the Council's payment system will allocate it to the correct account number. If the payment system cannot allocate it to the correct account then it goes into the suspense account along with many other payments that the Council will receive, the council income staff are very well versed on sifting through the suspense account to track errant payments. When you made the payment did you receive a confimation email with a payment reference number and time of payment?

Thanks for your reply. I did receive a confirmation of payment email with payment reference and time of payment.