closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Daytona buying spree......................

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Daytona buying spree......................

https://www.xupes.com/watches/products.html

Always on the look out for something nice I noticed on the Xupes recent arrivals page its awash with Daytona’s.

Whats going on, having a clear out in fear of a softening of the market maybe.

More like they've stockpiled them, at around £20k I wouldn't say the market has softened.

Depends on what people are willing to spend I guess.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    The weak pound will drive-up demand from overseas buyers. That will ensure UK prices stay strong...because they look cheap from elsewhere. Add to the likelihood that Rolex will raise prices next year, and draw your own conclusion.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    The weak pound will drive-up demand from overseas buyers. That will ensure UK prices stay strong...because they look cheap from elsewhere. Add to the likelihood that Rolex will raise prices next year, and draw your own conclusion.
    For the first time in my life I am considering selling a watch. The Pound is going weak which means that to any overseas buyer, a UK sourced watch is going to be cheap. Therefore I may put the 16520 up for sale.

I suppose the next question is - should I send it off for a service before offering it up for sale all shiny and stickered with papers or should I leave that to the buyer.

Oh and before one of the BP fraternity accuse me of "stealth selling", I will not be selling on SC, the inevitable abuse accusing me of every crime under the sun from the usual crowd just isn't worth the hassle.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    For the first time in my life I am considering selling a watch. The Pound is going weak which means that to any overseas buyer, a UK sourced watch is going to be cheap. Therefore I may put the 16520 up for sale.

I suppose the next question is - should I send it off for a service before offering it up for sale all shiny and stickered with papers or should I leave that to the buyer.

Oh and before one of the BP fraternity accuse me of "stealth selling", I will not be selling on SC, the inevitable abuse accusing me of every crime under the sun from the usual crowd just isn't worth the hassle.
    Didn’t you once say only idiots sell Rolex? You may have used the term cretin, I forget.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlynch1984 View Post
    Didn’t you once say only idiots sell Rolex? You may have used the term cretin, I forget.
    Yes I have repeatedly said selling a Rolex is strategically foolish and nearly always followed by sellers remorse. However my get out clause is that I will be treating myself to a PP.

I shall be holding onto the other Rolex.

Craftsman
    Yes I have repeatedly said selling a Rolex is strategically foolish and nearly always followed by sellers remorse. However my get out clause is that I will be treating myself to a PP.

I shall be holding onto the other Rolex.
    Well in that case, it seems like a sound move.

Fantasies about a softening market are a wet dream for many here:-)

Some of us have moved on from Rolex, it's days were numberd when it became the next masses must have above rose gold Michael Kors.
    Last edited by number2; 2nd August 2019 at 14:57.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Some of us have moved on from Rolex, it's days were numberd when it became the next masses must have above rose gold Michael Kors.
    I know there is a huge degree of tongue-in-cheek on this, but I do agree.
    The idea of spending £20k on a Daytona is utterly mental IMO. It's just to show you have one, as there's no logic to spending so much over list. They've gone up and they will come down, no probably not soon, but they won't go up forever.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    https://www.xupes.com/watches/products.html

Always on the look out for something nice I noticed on the Xupes recent arrivals page its awash with Daytona’s.

Whats going on, having a clear out in fear of a softening of the market maybe.
    Spotted that when they dropped loads on eBay this morning!

£23.5k for a 116500LN

That is beyond madness, surely??

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    People are buying them at that price.

Master
    So what would be a realistic going rate for a 16520 just back from St James

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ^^^^^From recent experience, low 20s to late 30s depending on provenance, condition and completeness. And greed of the seller.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    ^^^^^From recent experience, low 20s to late 30s depending on provenance, condition and completeness. And greed of the seller.
    I have to be honest and admit that until last week, I had a 16520 down for about £14k. I hardly ever check prices and just go off what I hear on this place.

After a few minutes surfing the usual sites, I have to agree low twenties is the best a buyer can hope to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Yep this ^^

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    White ceramic is @ £25,650 with one pre-owned seller

Master

I’ll buy it off you for the £7750 you paid for it!

Master
    So what would be a realistic going rate for a 16520 just back from St James
    On a serious note, your one is special, if only it had the papers! A 2000 P Series is very good. SC / Private sale with a service £17.5-20k