closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Is this a fake?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Is this a fake?

Right. I bought this the other day. I'm quite convinced it is real, if somewhat foxed. However, a second opinion never hurt anyone:

The movement is a gilded Tudor (ETA) of precisely the sort you would expect, and it's currently loose. It's the case dial and hands. that I'm curious about. The case appears to be an early style two part case with an integrated bezel. The strap is a modern copy, it's the head I care about. There is an 8 at the end of the serial that is obscured by polishing but visible.

As I say, I'm quite certain It's real. However for slightly complex reasons, I wouldn't mind a second opinion.

Cheers.

Matt
    Last edited by M4tt; 1st August 2019 at 17:23.

Master
    If it is a fake, it's a pretty good one, imo. Have you studied the movement for serial numbers etc.

Coincidentally I'm wearing my 7804 today. I have seen examples with very similar dial and hands that yours has, the photo though isn't very clear. Is the dial a bit small for the watch, looks a bit of a gap on the right hand side. Also, this might not matter, but the stamping of the model and serial on mine is rougher and deeper but its 20,000 lower than this so likely older and using a poorer technique.

Case on mine is a bit different too. Longer lugs but still the same 2-piece with moulded bezel. If the photo of the dial is just a bit misleading and it fits the case well, I'd say yours is legit.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SzrifrJrjjY2847A9
    Last edited by rsykes2000; 1st August 2019 at 18:10.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rsykes2000 View Post
    Case on mine is a bit different too. Longer lugs but still the same 2-piece with moulded bezel. If the photo of the dial is just a bit misleading and it fits the case well, I'd say yours is legit.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SzrifrJrjjY2847A9
    Yes, the dial and movement are loose in the case - one of the long thin leaves that Rolex use to hold in the movement is missing. It's a trivial fix, but one I have not got around to yet. when you set it up right it sits exactly as you'd expect.

Mind you, it's no where near as utterly beautiful as yours!

Thanks everyone, a couple of owners confirming what I already think is more than good enough. Cheers.

Don't like the end links bad start

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    Don't like the end links bad start

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
    Cannot comment on the watch, but that strap looks a wrong’en

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Cannot comment on the watch, but that strap looks a wrong’en
    From the original post "The strap is a modern copy"