closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Rolex as an investment?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    Funny, but I believe dress watches are a slowly dying breed as society in general is becoming ever less formal. Suit sales must have halved over the last 20 years
    A bit like elaborate moustaches, vintage tattoos and half mast trousers worn with no socks were a few years ago-now look at them!

Craftsman

Investment

Quote Originally Posted by owain1 View Post
    A semi-hypothetical question:

Assuming someone has access to a well stocked Rolex AD, and waiting lists aren't an issue, what would you suggest is the best investment purchase at the moment? (assuming any current model is an option).

This wouldn't be for flipping short term, but more to justify another watch purchase.

Obviously an impossible question to answer long term with trends etc, but of the current rolex line up where would your money go?

My understanding of an investment is a medium to long term hold which delivers a five to six figure financial return, not buying some mass produced Watch in the hope of a couple of grand in profit sometime in the future.

Sorry but modern watches are not an investment, no matter how we want to convince ourselves.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    My understanding of an investment is a medium to long term hold which delivers a five to six figure financial return, not buying some mass produced Watch in the hope of a couple of grand in profit sometime in the future.

Sorry but modern watches are not an investment, no matter how we want to convince ourselves.
    Agreed. Buy what you love but if money is more important, or equally important, choose wisely. Can’t go too far wrong with a Rolex at list or close to. Watches shouldn’t be considered as investments IMHO, not least because it sucks a whole lotta fun out of this hobby.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    also one of these bad boys?

My eyes hurt 🙈. But my bank balance wouldn’t have if I bought one years ago!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post

Care to define “modern”. Does 80’s qualify?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    No watch can ever be classed as an investment

My white faced Daytona cost me £3670 which was the rrp back in the day , say I wanted to sell it pdq , I think it would realise at least £10k.

I can’t be bothered to work out the potential profit % , or the return on capital , but let’s just say it’s healthy.

Regardless of how the current value has been calculated, how could you back up your statement ?

Notwithstanding the pleasure I get from wearing it anyway.