closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Recommend me an Electric Razor

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

Recommend me an Electric Razor

Been a wet shaver for most of my very long adult life and never got on with electric, but find my skin is sensitive caused by a drug I need to take daily, so considering electric.

Don’t want to spend a fortune but would like to shave as close as possible to a blade, any suggestions please?

Although I wet shave, Braun is very highly rated with electric.

Master
    I would agree with rod I have a Braun with the clean and renew system and it's very good the replacement foils are a bit pricey though

I have a mate who works for Phillips shavers and he swears by them being the best...

It's a personal thing and you'll need to find what suits. My skin is fairly sensitive - I only wet shave once every three days because of that. When I do have to shave daily then I use a Philishave rotary and it's the bee's knees as far as I'm concerned. I've tried foil type shavers (ie Braun) but cannot get on with them at all.

Hello

Braun or Philips are very good.

Loads of deals on shavers so find a model you like with good reviews and shop around.

Craftsman
    I've used Braun for years after trying many makes, they work the best for me. I'd suggest you try a basic series 3 to see if you get on with it. Can be used wet or dry.

I've recently bought a Braun 9000 series and before that had a Philips 3-head rotary.

I'd say the Philips gave a slightly closer shave but at the expense of comfort and would sometimes leave red patches on neck. I can repeatedly go over the same area hard with the Braun and absolutely no irritation. Personally, I prefer the Braun (and it does give quite a close shave) and might be better bet if you have issue with skin irritation. Was quite expensive but cheaper 5000, 7000 etc. are very similar. Most can also be used wet but never bothered as it interferes with the 'cleaning station' that came with mine.

The other big brand to consider is Panasonic - similar in operation to Braun.

Comprehensive reviews and information here: - https://shavercheck.com/
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 31st July 2019 at 22:21.

I’ve had both top of the range Braun and Phillips, I’d say.

Braun is better if you only shave every few days and have longer stubble to rid of.
    Phillips is better when starting with short stubble.

I have a very thick coarse beard neither get as close as a wet shave but both are convenient.

Just make sure you buy one with a charging stand that washes the razor it makes them last much longer.

Check out prices on Amazon and shaving.com, prices do vary.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    It's a personal thing and you'll need to find what suits. My skin is fairly sensitive - I only wet shave once every three days because of that. When I do have to shave daily then I use a Philishave rotary and it's the bee's knees as far as I'm concerned. I've tried foil type shavers (ie Braun) but cannot get on with them at all.
    What was said here!

I have a Braun 9290 which replaced a high spec. Panasonic.

Great razor and some good deals out there.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Agreed. Braun Series 9. Best around. Battery life is very good.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the replies, plenty of good info, I’ll have a look at the Braun & Philips ranges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Braun Series 9 is the first electric I have ever used that gives me anything like an acceptable shave.

I bought it on the basis of this article.

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-electric-razor/

Master
    I suffer from razor burn (on my neck mainly) when I use disposable razors and switched to an Edwin Jagger double edge using astra or feather blades. This is great but sometimes you need a quick buzz over as you are running late or just can't be bothered with the whole rigmarole. I use a Braun 7 series with the cleaning pod, I got this in a boots sale for (iirc) about £60 and it does a good job of keeping my face clear and not giving me razor burn. I find I get on better with foil rather than rotary shavers but this is a very personal thing that you have to experiment with.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    I suffer from razor burn (on my neck mainly) when I use disposable razors and switched to an Edwin Jagger double edge using astra or feather blades. This is great but sometimes you need a quick buzz over as you are running late or just can't be bothered with the whole rigmarole. I use a Braun 7 series with the cleaning pod, I got this in a boots sale for (iirc) about £60 and it does a good job of keeping my face clear and not giving me razor burn. I find I get on better with foil rather than rotary shavers but this is a very personal thing that you have to experiment with.
    £60 seems like a bit of a bargain, seem to be around £150 at the moment.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wjkerfoot View Post
    £60 seems like a bit of a bargain, seem to be around £150 at the moment.
    Yep that's pretty much the only reason I got it - I think at the time they were £120 on amazon, we were a bit spendy that day, not only did I get the shaver and some nice aftershave but I treated myself to my Superocean Heritage II.

Another Braun Series 9 user here. Expensive but definitely the best electric razor I've ever had and I've tried a few. Amazon do have good offers on them from time to time, I seem to recall mine was half price or thereabouts.

Cheers,
    Gary

Bought my Series 9 here, which was the cheapest at the time, and came with a surprise freebie Braun beard trimmer.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Braun-Serie...Dry/2004686373

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I can echo everything said about the Series 9 - an incredible piece of kit if you don't have time to shave using a DE or straight.

I found my mid range braun to get less sharp within the week which was my worst shaver.

Phillishave is the best for me sensitivity wise.

The best shave is my current remington platinum X foil shave.