This thread is a bit of a self help thread for me as some may know or have been following my mental health thread. At the moment I’m spending lots of time thinking of my childhood and scribbling my memories down.

So the thread is about childhood holidays where you went did you have a set holiday destination each year? Do you still visit those places today?

For me growing up in the 80s with a mum who would never fly and with parents who was always struggling for money my holidays was spent in a small Humberside town of Bridlington, many a happy year spent of the beach there of was a true family event. Me mum and dad. Joined by my grandma and often my uncle and his Children. For me Bridlington holds a massively special place in my life due to these holidays.

As does the location we moved on to as I grew older and mum and dad gained more money. We moved on to Estartit a small Spanish village. We always drove there and the memories are amazing, this place meant so much to me and then to my fiancé we actually got married there.

Nowadays, we visit for day trips to Bridlington and still holiday regular in Estartit. Both my parents ashes are split between both places.

Anyone else want to share childhood holiday memories?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk