closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Childhood holiday memories and locations

Childhood holiday memories and locations

This thread is a bit of a self help thread for me as some may know or have been following my mental health thread. At the moment I’m spending lots of time thinking of my childhood and scribbling my memories down.

So the thread is about childhood holidays where you went did you have a set holiday destination each year? Do you still visit those places today?

For me growing up in the 80s with a mum who would never fly and with parents who was always struggling for money my holidays was spent in a small Humberside town of Bridlington, many a happy year spent of the beach there of was a true family event. Me mum and dad. Joined by my grandma and often my uncle and his Children. For me Bridlington holds a massively special place in my life due to these holidays.

As does the location we moved on to as I grew older and mum and dad gained more money. We moved on to Estartit a small Spanish village. We always drove there and the memories are amazing, this place meant so much to me and then to my fiancé we actually got married there.

Nowadays, we visit for day trips to Bridlington and still holiday regular in Estartit. Both my parents ashes are split between both places.

Anyone else want to share childhood holiday memories?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My main holiday memory is Torquay in 1986 when the Mexico world cup was on. Got a cracking bunch of photos of myself, aged 14, with streaks in my hair and pretending to drive my dad's Sierra. The world cup sticks in my mind and obviously 'that' moment in history

I went back a year later with my then girlfriends family and went to the (huge) Radio 1 Roadshow.

I loved it down there. When summers seemed to last forever.

Remember a holiday in 1988 with my best mate, who joined me and my mum and dad in Yarmouth. First time we were allowed out and went to an onsite nightclub. No drinking, just pretending we were old enough, and meeting two lasses doing the same.

Most of my childhood holidays were spent in Mallorca, but one year (I believe 1983) we has a family holiday in Somerset, which I absolutely loved!

We stayed in a little bed and breakfast in Cheddar.

We had day trips to Cheddar Gorge.. Taking on Jacob's ladder! Wookey Hole.. Exploring the caves! And a visit to Longleat Safari Park.. The monkey's stole the Arial off my dad's Metro!

Out of all the family holidays I went on, this has to be my most memorable.

The image below is of me (On the go kart) and my cousin Sharon at Longleat Safari Park;

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk