closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Something black, rubber and non mechanical...

Something black, rubber and non mechanical...

As title I’m after some suggestions for a holiday watch that must meet the following criteria;

Black or dark case, ideally titanium, quartz movement and rubber strap on deployment, ideally a chronograph

Went to try on a Breitling b55 exospace at the weekend which meets all of the above but am wondering if there’s something from Breitlings back catalogue that would fit the bill I’m unaware of, or something from somebody else altogether??

Master
    For Breitling quartz chronos, try either of these two. Each has the SuperQuartz ETA 251.232 movement, which has very useful holiday features including the regatta feature, allowing you to reset the chromo hands to allow a countdown function - handy for sailing holidays. The movement also has a quickset hour hand (Omega refers to this as a timezone function) allowing you too move the hour hand in one hours jumps without hacking the movement, which is great for timezone adjustments. The M1, and I think the Blacksteel, also have the ability to use the chrono pushers underwater - handy when you're timing your laps in the hotel pool.

Breitling Chrono Avenger M1 - dark but not black, and made of titanium, with a range of dial colours including black, grey, blue, white and yellow:

The Breitling Avenger Seawolf Chrono Blacksteel is, funnily enough, made of steel, and it's black. Apart from that, it's pretty much a revised version of the earlier M1.

Cheers Happyjack, I’m being drawn to that lovely b50 night mission on SC at the moment but still looking!

Perhaps an MRG-G2000R?

first thoughts away from Breitling were

cheap end.. luminox-heaps of choice but a 3080 would be an option.
    more expensive end.. Sinn UX. no chrono but bezel timing?
    random option - Tudor fast rider.

Something black, rubber and non mechanical...

If your preference for titanium is purely for lightness then a Breitling Colt Skyracer would tick all your boxes except the deployant. The black case is Breitlight which is a 3rd of the weight of titanium and very resistant to scratches, salt water etc. and it’s hypo-allergenic. It comes on rubber with a quick release system that makes it quick and easy to swap it into a nato, it has a suoerquartz thermo-compensated movement with an 8 year battery life and I would say it is a perfect holiday watch...if you can find one.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?t=445110

Some good quartz suggestions on the above thread. I ended up with a Citizen Promaster Tough on the back of it.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Quote Originally Posted by hhhh View Post
    If your preference for titanium is purely for lightness then a Breitling Colt Skyracer would tick all your boxes except the deployant. The black case is Breitlight which is a 3rd of the weight of titanium and very resistant to scratches, salt water etc. and it’s hypo-allergenic. It comes on rubber with a quick release system that makes it quick and easy to swap it into a nato, it has a suoerquartz thermo-compensated movement with an 8 year battery life and I would say it is a perfect holiday watch...if you can find one.

I think you might have hit the nail on the head there! Look great value, thanks for the suggestion

Managed to get one off eBay...Here’s hoping it turns up before holiday!!

Seiko SNN237P

A great watch which costs very little, ideal for holidays.

You'll need to buy a 22mm rubber deployant for it though.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Something by Nite watches? I've had a few and know plenty of others who have them and rate them highly. Keep an eye out on their sale section as most the popular models drop into it every now and again. https://www.nitewatches.com/gb/store/alpha201t100green

£1.84 from eBay...

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?