closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Protocol whilst on an AD's register of interest

Master

Protocol whilst on an AD's register of interest

I'm lucky enough to have been accepted by an AD & am now in the interminable waiting stage.
    During this time is it considered ( by the AD) acceptable to keep in discreet contact with the the store, maybe phone or pop in once a month or so to remind them that I'm still here?
    I'm sure they would prefer it if the pesky customers just stayed quiet until they deigned to summon us to fetch our trinkets but I don't think keeping in touch is a bad thing.
    I don't want to become "that customer" who is seen as a nuisance, just to let them know, every so often, that I'm still here.
    Those more adept than me at the game, what strategies did you adopt?

Buy them occasional gifts so they don't forget you. If your contact is a lady, perfume is usually appreciated.

Master
    What have you been accepted for? Have you got any prior purchase history with them? Have they indicated a wait time?

Those questions aside, there’s two ways of playing this. Either keep in contact or don’t. Obviously none of us here are going to know for sure how your AD will react, but I’d be of the opinion ‘out of sight, out of mind’. I’m almost 100% sure that some of my watches (including the hardest one to get) were only delivered out of my persistence. The AD’s wife even made a comment at a Rolex event that implied that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Buy them occasional gifts so they don't forget you. If your contact is a lady, perfume is usually appreciated.
    Is this for real, I really cannot imagine anyone doing it!

Before c-19 - I was regularly popping in for a quick cuddle with my AD bernard. The last time we were spooning he promised I was further up the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    I'm lucky enough to have been accepted by an AD
    Who the hell's the customer these days?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Yep, Ive found that the occasional Joe Malone gift basket with a personalised note goes a long way also.

I was promised entry to the waiting list several years ago for a Daytona. Gave them all my details, home phone number, mobile, e-mail address etc and was assured that I would added to the list.

Basically the minute you walk out of the store those details are placed in the circular file (to quote Bryan Adams). I rang a few times and even called in when passing and just receive the same crap each time about these things being dealt with by Head Office and we cannot confirm today Sir how you are progressing on the waiting list.

They clearly have to have some BS prepared so that they can turn people around and get them out of the door again. I even offered to put down a deposit which spooked them a little for a minute or two.

I'm guessing a fair few waiting for the call will be waiting rather a long time I'm afraid...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I think he was being facetious.

I've always found slaughtering a llama in the shop doorway means that the staff always have me at the forefront of their thoughts.

I did try hiring one of those loudspeaker vans, parking it outside their premises, and blasting Simple Minds 'Don't You Forget About Me' at them for nine hours a day, every day, until my watch came in, but the llama method works better (and is less time-consuming), I think.
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Before c-19 - I was regularly popping in for a quick cuddle with my AD bernard. The last time we were spooning he promised I was further up the list.
    Are you sure that was the list?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    I've always found slaughtering a llama in the shop doorway means that the staff always have me at the forefront of their thoughts.

I did try hiring one of those loudspeaker vans, parking it outside their premises, and blasting Simple Minds 'Don't You Forget About Me' at them for nine hours a day, every day, until my watch came in, but the llama method works better (and is less time-consuming), I think.
    Yes, this method also works very well, but takes some forethought.
    You can procure your llama here - https://llamasanctuary.com
    But need to prove that you can accommodate it so would need to purchase an acre of land, but that expense can be offset against the profit made from immediately selling your AD purchased Rolex to the grey market.
    Once you set up an ongoing relationship you'll need a consistent supply of llamas so its best to keep the field and the sanctuary happy in able to continue on a rolling basis.

Probably best to start with a gift basket and then move on to llama as it requires more planning and overall investment.

Funniest thread in years!

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    It’s just a mass-produced watch, not the holy grail. Perhaps put your name down and then just forget it. You might get lucky. That's how I got a 5711.
    Actually, the 5711 and ceramic Daytona were both big disappoints to me. Best not to get too worked-up.....
    Last edited by paskinner; 27th July 2020 at 15:53.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Yes, this method also works very well, but takes some forethought.
    You can procure your llama here - https://llamasanctuary.com
    But need to prove that you can accommodate it so would need to purchase an acre of land, but that expense can be offset against the profit made from immediately selling your AD purchased Rolex to the grey market.
    Once you set up an ongoing relationship you'll need a consistent supply of llamas so its best to keep the field and the sanctuary happy in able to continue on a rolling basis.
    I've got a mate with a grey market llama business. PM for details/pics etc..
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I was promised entry to the waiting list several years ago for a Daytona. Gave them all my details, home phone number, mobile, e-mail address etc and was assured that I would added to the list.

Basically the minute you walk out of the store those details are placed in the circular file (to quote Bryan Adams). I rang a few times and even called in when passing and just receive the same crap each time about these things being dealt with by Head Office and we cannot confirm today Sir how you are progressing on the waiting list.

They clearly have to have some BS prepared so that they can turn people around and get them out of the door again. I even offered to put down a deposit which spooked them a little for a minute or two.

I'm guessing a fair few waiting for the call will be waiting rather a long time I'm afraid...
    It would be interesting for someone to Subject Access Request an AD to find out 1) What they do with the data and 2) Who they share it with... because what if the response is "we just use it for regular mail shots and there is no database".

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    It’s just a mass-produced watch, not the holy grail. If you think it makes any difference, put your name down and then just forget it. You might get lucky. That's how I got a 5711. I had completely forgotten about it.
    No you hadn't.
    I saw you outside Windsor Bishop with a Mariachi band.
    You were making them sing Pa Pa Pa SKIIIIINER Pa Pa Pa SKIIIIIINER, He is a very ri-ich man, Pa Pa Pa SKIIIIIINER, Pa Pa Pa SKIIIIINER, YOU SELL HIM FIVE SEVEN ONE ONE PA PA PA SKIIIIINER.. on repeat.
    And you were hitting them with a stick made of willow and making them cry when they tried to stop because it was raining.

Trouble is, this method is so popular now that I had to go on a waiting list for a llama. Anyone know what the protocol is to remind the llama shop that I'm still waiting for my llama?

No you hadn't.
    You were making them sing Pa Pa Pa SKIIIIINER Pa Pa Pa SKIIIIIINER, He is a very ri-ich man, Pa Pa Pa SKIIIIIINER, Pa Pa Pa SKIIIIINER, YOU SELL HIM FIVE SEVEN ONE ONE PA PA PA SKIIIIINER.. on repeat and you were hitting them with a stick made of willow when they tried to stop because it was raining.

😂😂😂😂😂

Apologies to anyone who tried to PM me re a grey market llama.

My inbox was crammed after my previous offer of alpacas & vicunas for sacrifice to ensure that the TZ-UK massive could purchase their Wahl hair-clippers of choice from Argos.

Inbox now empty: PM away!
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    He's a bloke & he got posh biccies at Christmas.

He's a bloke & he got posh biccies at Christmas.
    I'd up your game TBH.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    What have you been accepted for? Have you got any prior purchase history with them? Have they indicated a wait time?

Those questions aside, there’s two ways of playing this. Either keep in contact or don’t. Obviously none of us here are going to know for sure how your AD will react, but I’d be of the opinion ‘out of sight, out of mind’. I’m almost 100% sure that some of my watches (including the hardest one to get) were only delivered out of my persistence. The AD’s wife even made a comment at a Rolex event that implied that was the case.
    WoS have me down for a James Cameron. I have purchase history and a good rapport with the "consultant" and the manager. I have purchase history in the store. I'm told that I will be getting the next one they receive but no timescale has been given other than "this year"...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Trouble is, this method is so popular now that I had to go on a waiting list for a llama. Anyone know what the protocol is to remind the llama shop that I'm still waiting for my llama?
    Perhaps you are in the wrong market - Alpacas seem much more fashionable now. There's an Alpaca farm just down the road from me - do you want me to see if I can nick one after dark??

This is certainly the maddest thread I've ever read anywhere.....I hope the OP was joking, but part of me fears he wasn't.......

I believe the polite way to handle this situation is to maintain discreet contact with the AD, in particular the salesperson who has made this “commitment” to you.

It is often worth pitching a tent outside the back door of the premises (please, not the front or side door, in case you block entry for other worshippers), along with a plentiful supply of local delicacies to present to your considerate salesperson or even the AD themselves on a weekly basis (pot noodle for you I’m afraid). Failure to show an appropriate willingness to sacrifice a few of life’s little pleasures on your behalf often results in your name lowering down the ladder of deception.

Good luck with everything. I’m sure your wait will be a short one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

I have an email from the store acknowledging my place on the register...

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    Perhaps you are in the wrong market - Alpacas seem much more fashionable now. There's an Alpaca farm just down the road from me - do you want me to see if I can nick one after dark??

This is certainly the maddest thread I've ever read anywhere.....I hope the OP was joking, but part of me fears he wasn't.......
    Can you see if the farm is interested in a bit of you scratch our backs and we'll scratch yours?
    We can supply them with small brogues, out of season mulberry, fifty timex Q and a Filson in exchange for a few alpaca's, every now and then, discretely.

Do you think they'd respond to a Joe Malone gift basket?

I'd up your game TBH.
    A reach-around usually works IME.

Master
    I've noted with interest the alpaca /llama /vicuna enthusiasts, if I was skip that stage & go directly to a glittery polar bear, would that be considered a bit de trop?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    A reach-around usually works IME.
    I'd let him trombone me for a James Cameron. Oh, I see, you mean that I ought to...

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I've noted with interest the alpaca /llama /vicuna enthusiasts, if I was skip that stage & go directly to a glittery polar bear, would that be considered a bit de trop?
    A little, you want to appear eager but not gauche.

Master
    A little, you want to appear eager but not gauche.
    That's why I'm asking for advice, it's a long way from the ulu to the big city & its sophisticated ways...

If any of this thread is real then it's actually true, Rolex has turned the typical purchaser into a simp. Pathetic. Man up.

A quick update:

My mate's just got hold of some capybaras. These are no use for Rolex, but are ideal for those on a Patek Philippe list.

Incidentally OP, Jim Kerr's been in touch & while things are quiet on the gig front, he's prepared to go to your AD of choice & perform 'Don't You Forget About Speedy2254' live in the branch. I'll PM you details & you can discuss his fee directly with him.
    Last edited by jwg663; 27th July 2020 at 16:35.
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    I bought mine some lube and a double ended latex dildo, yet still no SS Daytona , I think the waiting list is probably a bit fake personally.

Master
    A quick update:

My mate's just got hold of some capybaras. These are no use for Rolex, but are ideal for those on a Patek Philippe list.

Incidentally OP, Jim Kerr's been in touch & while things are quiet on the gig front, he's prepared to go to your AD of choice & perform 'Don't You Forget About Speedy2254' live in the branch. I'll PM you details & you can discuss his fee directly with him.
    Can he do the uber classy John Daly number "All my exes wear Rolexes"?

A quick update:

Groundhogs might be more appropriate.

No you hadn't.
    You were making them sing Pa Pa Pa SKIIIIINER Pa Pa Pa SKIIIIIINER, He is a very ri-ich man, Pa Pa Pa SKIIIIIINER, Pa Pa Pa SKIIIIINER, YOU SELL HIM FIVE SEVEN ONE ONE PA PA PA SKIIIIINER.. on repeat.
    And you were hitting them with a stick made of willow and making them cry when they tried to stop because it was raining.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    I've got a mate with a grey market llama business. PM for details/pics etc..
    On a similar note I can’t help with grey llamas but the field down the road has some white ones. For the right price I’m sure I could nab a couple without being noticed.
    Shipping fees will be high though as they need a lot of brown paper and also they are a bugger to wrap as they wriggle a lot.

Master
    Ask the manager if he's Freemason if so, join-up & find his local lodge, join, job done.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

I'm lucky enough to have been accepted by an AD & am now in the interminable waiting stage.
    During this time is it considered ( by the AD) acceptable to keep in discreet contact with the the store, maybe phone or pop in once a month or so to remind them that I'm still here?
    I'm sure they would prefer it if the pesky customers just stayed quiet until they deigned to summon us to fetch our trinkets but I don't think keeping in touch is a bad thing.
    I don't want to become "that customer" who is seen as a nuisance, just to let them know, every so often, that I'm still here.
    Those more adept than me at the game, what strategies did you adopt?
    You need to gain their full attention. So, do absolutely nothing for a whole month. Then, turn up at their shop with a very large placard with the top covered but with the following text written on it "THESE {insert expletive of your choice} PROMISED ME FAITHFULLY THAT THEY WOULD HAVE {insert make and model of watch here in red capitals} FOR ME BY TODAY, THEY HAVEN'T". You now go into the shop, ask to see the manager, show him/her the placard and say 'Well, do I get my watch or do I parade outside your shop every day for a week with this?'

Of course, he/she may call your bluff. If so then you do indeed march up and down with your now uncovered placard. For added effect you could also do this naked whist crying loudly "These {expletive sof your choice} even had the shirt off my back as part of the deal!"

Never been known to fail.

Oh, and if the cops turn up, don't look to me for further strategies - at that point you're on your own!
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    Promise them your first born and a kidney.
    One day if you are in favour they may let you remove a marketing brochure but the steps to enlightenment and fulfilment beyond this point I’m sworn to secrecy.

Blog Entries
    Sadly I believe the OP was serious. He has an email to prove it! This is all very amusing though

😂😂 lucky you...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    It would be interesting for someone to Subject Access Request an AD to find out 1) What they do with the data and 2) Who they share it with... because what if the response is "we just use it for regular mail shots and there is no database".
    Now THIS is a great idea, and they have to comply, Would love to see that.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Sadly I believe the OP was serious. He has an email to prove it! This is all very amusing though
    Email, shemale, it's a thin line...

No you hadn't.
    Popped in this afternoon for a bit of light relief, and this thread has absolutely delivered. Comedy genius.

Also, nobody who's anybody ever uses a willow stick for thrashing a mariachi band: the thrashing must be delivered with a nice, whippy birch for best results, as any fule kno.

Master
    Further to the suggestion of a gift, if the op's contact is a lady would pooing in her letterbox count as perfume?

Master
    ...one night a phone will ring around 2 am and voice distorded via voice changer will say

"Ghrrrr...Mr.... Your watch...grhrrr . ..is available...ghrrr.. carry the amount in small unmarked bills and come to the address. You have on hour or your slot on zeee list will be passed on to next customer...ghreee...." (Click..beep..beep..beep)

So..you will have one hour to come to the suspicious part of town with bunch of pounds.

Address is in back alley, rusted backdoor to a nightclub, with blinking light above..

After knocking you will have to show your ID to the surveillance camera above the door.

In 15 seconds door will open and you will come through dark hallway crammed with undescribed crates with cirilic stencil insignia that smell of machine oil and enter a white room with single chair and table.

On opposite wall will be one way mirror.

"Show us the money" distorded voice will be heard behind the glass.. " put it on table, Lower your head and look at the floor. Do not put your head up under any circumstances"

While sweat drips down to the floor, you will hear a door open behind you and feel a smell of chloroform ...

(Darkness)

You will wake up in junkyard on edge of city in the morning, with headache and painfull feeling on chest, without money but with green box ducktaped to your arm.

After you open the box, there will be your long awaited Rolex..but the painfull feeling on chest will not stop so you will take off your shirt to find the tattooed serial number on your chest and underneath "thank you for your purchase, drop by anytime".

Quote Originally Posted by bobc View Post
    Further to the suggestion of a gift, if the op's contact is a lady would pooing in her letterbox count as perfume?
    German AD maybe?