closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Identify This Seiko?

Identify This Seiko?

Having a drink with a neighbour last night and the conversation turned to watches, and he brought out his collection for me to look out.

One of his and my favourites was this quartz Seiko, which is at least 30 years old, in exceptional condition and working faultlessly. He describes it as a pilot's watch and says this explains the 'P' on the dial, something I've never seen before.

If anyone recognises this model and could identify it and provide/link to any more information about it, I'd be grateful. I did take a picture of the case back but in the poor light in the garden I didn't realise until this morning that it was out of focus and useless.

TIA.

It's the 7T27-7A20 commonly referred to as the Generation2 or Gen2. Issued by the RAF the P denotes promethium, the element the makes the lume glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    It's the 7T27-7A20 commonly referred to as the Generation2 or Gen2. Issued by the RAF the P denotes promethium, the element the makes the lume glow.
    Thank you sir!

I'm doing some reading on the model now - quite an interesting find. I don't think my neighbour's is an issued example, but will be getting him to check.

Thanks again.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DMC102 View Post
    Thank you sir!

I'm doing some reading on the model now - quite an interesting find. I don't think my neighbour's is an issued example, but will be getting him to check.

Thanks again.
    They were available on the high street as well as being military issued so could be either - it'll be pretty obvious once you check the caseback.