Hi guys,

I modded my SKX007 last week and it was a lot of fun. I saw a few videos on YT on how to fade the bezel / create a fake patina on Seiko divers. Having no watchmaking background (obv) I decided to give it a try.

I took the watch apart with a set of tools bought from Amazon and it was all easy enough. To fade the bezel, I used a kitchen stain remover with around 1.5% sodium hypochlorite (in household bleach it's around 3~6%) as a common problem I saw from the videos is that the decoloring happens too quickly/uncontrolled. Instead of adding an obscure amount of water in bleach (as in most videos), I used the stain remover which worked quite well. In a bathroom sink, I rubbed the remover on the bezel until I was happy with the level of fading. The process took a few minutes and I could've stopped at any point by rinsing the bezel thoroughly with water.

I then coloured the dial with coffee and let it dry in air - it's a unique look and might not be for everyone I guess:)

It's all quite basic for now, I think my next step will be to create a vintage look on the casing.

A quick picture of the result. Cheers! (should've cleaned the crystal before taking the photo)