closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Question for Smiths Vanguard owners...

Question for Smiths Vanguard owners...

First off, I realize that the bracelet has provision for extending the length by three increments. On the other side of the bracelet is what looks like micro adjustment holes for two additional settings.

However, after I move the attaching link to the second hole, the link will not rotate into position, rendering the micro adjustment holes useless.

My situation is that I need to slightly tighten (shorten) the bracelet, not lengthen it.

Any thoughts from other owners?

Don’t you fit the link with it in the flat position rather than rotate it afterwards? I’m sure I did it with mine before switching to leather.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Don’t you fit the link with it in the flat position rather than rotate it afterwards? I’m sure I did it with mine before switching to leather.
    I've tried but it won't slide in flat (horizontal) to the clasp.

C'mon Vanguard owners, hasn't even one of you tried out the bracelet's micro adjustment?

The micro adjustment doesn't work with all bracelets. The clasp isn't dedicated to the bracelet, it's a separate item. I'd already decided that if I used the clasp again, I wouldn't have the micro adjustment holes.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    The micro adjustment doesn't work with all bracelets. The clasp isn't dedicated to the bracelet, it's a separate item. I'd already decided that if I used the clasp again, I wouldn't have the micro adjustment holes.

Eddie
    Thanks, Eddie.

I'm wondering if a little filing of the edge of that end link would allow it to rotate around freely as it should. As you know, the facing of that last link is very tall.