closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tudor Pelagos

Apprentice

Thumbs up

Yes there are some fake Pelagos out there..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Daves1 View Post
    Yes there are some fake Pelagos out there..
    I bought one last week from WOS. I was advised they had two in the group if I wanted one. I ordered and collected. No discount offered or received.

I really like it, not too bling..

I love the look of mine - but find the bracelet very uncomfortable, almost as if the edges are too sharp (despite them not being so). Is that just me or anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    Can anyone help me out with pronunciation of pelagos? I believe it comes from the Greek god the ocean but my ancient Greek is rusty so they doesn't help with how to pronounce it. Is it a short ' a'.... Pela-gos, or a long 'A'...pelaaayy-gos, or...? I've asked a couple of sales staff now and got no definite answer.... They've been clueless like me.

One did tell me a ridiculous story about the bezel action, apparently Tudor designers made the click on the pelagos and BB sound like the Rolex safe where they store the precious metals. Hmmm. Sounds absurd to me and very unlikely. I don't think the two watches even have similar sounding clicks.
    I've heard it pronounced pela-GOESH, didn't know about the God but it's the Grreek word for island I think.

I love the blue, reminds me of the Greek flag and wonderful holidays.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    I bought one last week from WOS. I was advised they had two in the group if I wanted one. I ordered and collected. No discount offered or received.

I really like it, not too bling..

Love that blue I need one of these!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    Has anyone spotted fake Pelagos watches? I’ve seen the odd Pelagos listed on eBay that appears suspicious.
    Just seen one go for £940 on ebay, I'd reported it as fake twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Merod View Post
    I love the look of mine - but find the bracelet very uncomfortable, almost as if the edges are too sharp (despite them not being so). Is that just me or anyone else?
    No issues here. Is it too tight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Linocut View Post
    Just seen one go for £940 on ebay, I'd reported it as fake twice.
    It’s one of the dodgy-looking Pelagos that I saw too. In the description, the seller even said that it didn’t have a Tudor movement! But all the photos were 100% Tudor Pelagos. This listing screamed ‘fake’!

Master
    I've heard it pronounced pela-GOESH, didn't know about the God but it's the Grreek word for island I think.

I love the blue, reminds me of the Greek flag and wonderful holidays.
    Pelagos in Greek simply means sea.
    But it refers to an area a sea - think Mediterranean Sea - is smaller than an ocean in surface area and a pelagos is smaller than a sea.

Master
    Holly thread revival batman!

Still love mine, since I got it from shalako I've worn it more than my other watches. It's ended up on a Georges straps seatbelt wasnatonow2piecefollowingsomeneedlework the blue matches the dial well.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    Holly thread revival batman!

Still love mine, since I got it from shalako I've worn it more than my other watches. It's ended up on a Georges straps seatbelt wasnatonow2piecefollowingsomeneedlework the blue matches the dial well.
    I think I've dithered for far too long, and I've seen one FS so I hope I'll be joining you soon!
    Last edited by Linocut; 28th November 2020 at 21:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    Pelagos in Greek simply means sea.
    But it refers to an area a sea - think Mediterranean Sea - is smaller than an ocean in surface area and a pelagos is smaller than a sea.

Doh of course it does, not much call for dive watches on the islands...

Pelagos means open sea in Greek.

Craftsman
    My favourite of Tudor's collection.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Should be mentioned that the Greek prime minister has been seen to sport one quite often.

Master
    Reviving this thread from the depths as I recently reminded myself why I really like my ETA Pelagos and why it really is a keeper. Sometimes after purchasing a watch it can be easy to forget the reason for the purchase in the first place...

I believe the Pelagos was designed as the spiritual evolution to the original snowflake sub, as a hypothetical exercise if Tudor did not deviate towards looking more and more like a Rolex sub and then later switch to the ugly hydronaut era, but actually continued the evolution of the snowflake sub to make the best diver they can, whilst still being a value proposition. So below are a few points I like about the watch:

First Rolex/Tudor group watch in full titanium (though not the only to use titanium, Rolex Deep Sea has a titanium case back). The titanium gives the watch a nice gun metal grey oxidisation.

Square markers and snowflake hands. Complete matte finish throughout including non shiny ceramic bezel.

500m water resistance, helium escape valve, comes with additional Tudor diving rubber strap, so a serious diving watch.

ETA movement, also in keeping with Tudor heritage, non fussy reliable movement.

Pointed crown guards on the side, a subtle nod to the past but also looks futuristic, almost stealthy.

Ridiculously over engineered bracelet with spring adjustment mechanism.

The first generation is also slimmer than the in house and has a cleaner 2 line dial.

Master
    Popped my 5 line on based on your last post - not worn it in a while & forgot how good it is!

I had my fifth arrive last week. Wondering why I sold the other four!!!!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

The Pelagos was a watch I knew I had to own as soon as it was released.
    I bought it almost on the first day of sale. I still love it a number of years later.

Master
    I've had a few Pelagos and I love them. I just cannot get a good fit with the bracelet and end up selling them because of it. Which probably means I'll end up buying another. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    I've had a few Pelagos and I love them. I just cannot get a good fit with the bracelet and end up selling them because of it. Which probably means I'll end up buying another. 
    Even with the spring loaded clasp?

Master
    Yep. Doesn't work for me and I also find the clasp quite angular so it digs into my wrist.

Even with the spring loaded clasp?
    The spring loaded clasp isn’t for wrist comfort in day to day wear as the spring is too tight for that. It’s meant for underwater pressure expansion whilst wearing a wetsuit. The clasp does have a few easy to use micro adjustments though, so I’ve found it probably the easiest watch to get a good fit out of any I’ve owned, including Sub and DSSD.

Craftsman
    Absolutely love mine, its got everything I want in a Dive watch. When it comes to the Pelagos, its all been said before but the legibility is almost beyond comparison to other watches.

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Reviving this thread from the depths as I recently reminded myself why I really like my ETA Pelagos and why it really is a keeper. Sometimes after purchasing a watch it can be easy to forget the reason for the purchase in the first place...

I believe the Pelagos was designed as the spiritual evolution to the original snowflake sub, as a hypothetical exercise if Tudor did not deviate towards looking more and more like a Rolex sub and then later switch to the ugly hydronaut era, but actually continued the evolution of the snowflake sub to make the best diver they can, whilst still being a value proposition. So below are a few points I like about the watch:

First Rolex/Tudor group watch in full titanium (though not the only to use titanium, Rolex Deep Sea has a titanium case back). The titanium gives the watch a nice gun metal grey oxidisation.

Square markers and snowflake hands. Complete matte finish throughout including non shiny ceramic bezel.

500m water resistance, helium escape valve, comes with additional Tudor diving rubber strap, so a serious diving watch.

Pointed crown guards on the side, a subtle nod to the past but also looks futuristic, almost stealthy.

The first generation is also slimmer than the in house and has a cleaner 2 line dial.
    Nice summary. Titanium also makes it relatively light and want to add I really like how the date is incorporated on this dial as part of a marker. And let’s not forget the lume 😎.

This “functional” design is also the reason many don’t like it by the way as there is no “bling”.

Anyone found it difficult to get a good fit on the Pelagos? The range on the bracelet isn't what you'd think.

I might take the divers ext link out and buy an extra link or two and see how I get on that way. Do Tudor make a half link or a 1.5 link?

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Anyone found it difficult to get a good fit on the Pelagos? The range on the bracelet isn't what you'd think.

I might take the divers ext link out and buy an extra link or two and see how I get on that way. Do Tudor make a half link or a 1.5 link?
    Yes.

Good question about the half link. Don’t think they do.

Had my Pelagos almost seven years. Have never found the bracelet comfortable. I generally wear mine with a Brady sailcloth or an Erica.

Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    Yes.

Good question about the half link. Don’t think they do.

Had my Pelagos almost seven years. Have never found the bracelet comfortable. I generally wear mine with a Brady sailcloth or an Erica.
    When my wrist is within the right range it's the most comfortable watch I have but the range isn't what you'd think.

Has anyone removed the diver's extension? If so how much are so some extra links? Thank you

The bracelet seems to split opinion. For reference, I’ve got mine fitted to the third adjustable notch so I can go either way as required.

Does the spring in the clasp not help? I'm about to buy one so interested...

Quote Originally Posted by wigdog View Post
    No. I put mine in the spring setting but it can get quite tight.

It does for me. I have it on the flex setting and it works out great for me.

I've heard some say you shouldn't keep it on that setting as you'll stretch the springs, but the strain on them is negligible.

Anyone know anywhere that’ll give a discount on a pelagos?

Cash back would do

Tudor Pelagos

I have mine on the spring it’s great. I found the inner edges of the bracelet quite “sharp” at first but don’t notice now.

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    Anyone know anywhere that’ll give a discount on a pelagos?

Cash back would do
    If you find out will you let me know??

Funnily enough I was just thinking about the Pelagos today. I don't think there's a better watch you can buy brand new for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    The image is better when you hit on it and it takes you to flickr, click again to view large to see better details.
    Thats really impressive.

I keep coming back to this watch. Hoping there is one at the Rebar Bristol meet up this weekend to try on.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchOnWrist View Post
    I keep coming back to this watch. Hoping there is one at the Rebar Bristol meet up this weekend to try on.
    If not absolutely any AD will have a black and blue in for you to try on.

If not absolutely any AD will have a black and blue in for you to try on.
    Yeah there's usually one in Fraiser Hart in Cabots in Bristol.

Craftsman
    Comments about the comfort of the bracelet surprise me. I think it is the best bracelet I've ever worn. I wear mine on the spring setting and it is super comfortable, the watch looks best on it too.

Master
    Probably one of the most comfortable bracelet watches I have, surprised to read it isn’t comfortable for some wearers.

Master

Tudor Pelagos

I’m glad this thread was revived, I love this watch!

I’m glad this thread was revived, I love this watch!
    I’d been eyeing up yours on SC, but a drop in to (just) look at a pelagos and a BB58 yesterday led to me going home wearing this:

The BB58 was really very nice, and I’m in the camp that thinks that if it had square markers and crown guards it would be perfect. But it doesn’t, and instead screams “heritage” to me.

This meanwhile is following the designs of the past but looking forwards. Also the lume is amazing.

At the moment I have the bracelet pretty loose, just weighing up whether to keep it this way (as the watch is pretty light it isn’t uncomfortable moving around a bit) or try and drop a pin out and adjust the clasp out to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by ej86 View Post
    I’d been eyeing up yours on SC, but a drop in to (just) look at a pelagos and a BB58 yesterday led to me going home wearing this:

Pathetic effort at self restraint.
    Nice.

Craftsman
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Here is a thread on getting the bracelet to fit

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

This bracelet is quite annoying. I really like the watch but if it's still annoying me in a week it'll have to go. I'm not one for straps.

This bracelet is quite annoying. I really like the watch but if it's still annoying me in a week it'll have to go. I'm not one for straps.
    If it's a recent blue one please let me know if it doesn't work out.
    Thanks,
    Richard

Pathetic effort at self restraint.
    Nice.
    Maybe, but there was a deal to be made with a watch of mine that they were already holding. And living out in the sticks one has to take advantage of being in civilisation when one can!

Master
    They are good looking watches, and I had a LHD one for several years. I had a blue one only for a short spell last year before I put all my eggs in a Rolex basket.

I would always be tempted by the eta version. I think they are a great watch and pretty good value for money when it comes to a watch.