closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tudor Pelagos

Craftsman

Tudor Pelagos

Just trying some different lighting positions and getting away from the harder type backgrounds and props i have been using up till now.Loving this watch for now.

Tudor Pelagos by Mark Molloy, on Flickr

Lovely shot

The blue is very striking in that photo.

At first I thought it was sat in snow before I zoomed in, maybe that would be a good theme given the snowflake hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Thanks for the replies, its sat on an old throw type of item i used for new born baby photography a while back. The lighting was bounced off a wall on the left side to soften the light even though i was using a soft box.

What camera set up did you use by the way?

Excellent photo. You really capture how lovely the dial is.
    J

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by namzo View Post
    What camera set up did you use by the way?

It was from a Nikon D850 and a Nikon 24-70 f2.8 lens. I used the D850 this time as it helps produce very large detailed images. I should really get a nice Macro lens but for now i will keep going with the lenses i have.Thanks for the replies folks.

Master
    That’s an Excellent pic.
    Ive never seen one in an AD but I’d consider buying based on that photo.

Craftsman
    The image is better when you hit on it and it takes you to flickr, click again to view large to see better details.

Master
    Great photo and it does make the blue look good. This is a watch I really want to see in the flesh, it's on my possible list and moving towards the top!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    The image is better when you hit on it and it takes you to flickr, click again to view large to see better details.
    Superb

I've always liked these but never seen one 'in the wild', only in a shop window, under unnatural light. Does the colour of the dial change much through the day? Great picture by the way.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I've always liked these but never seen one 'in the wild', only in a shop window, under unnatural light. Does the colour of the dial change much through the day? Great picture by the way.
    It does, massively. In direct sunlight it looks like the image from the OP. In the shade/dark it looks royal blue and as a result is very wearable.

Master
    What do these normally go for? I seem to recall OP got a great deal after another member spotted it in a jewellers window but either my search abilities are poor or ...can threads get deleted? Anyway, IIRC OPs deal was possibly better than the normal, so an indication of what I might get one for normally would be useful. I'm in no rush so would be happy to wait for sales or a bargain though.

Craftsman
    Great pic OP.

That is a lovely pic👍

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    What do these normally go for? I seem to recall OP got a great deal after another member spotted it in a jewellers window but either my search abilities are poor or ...can threads get deleted? Anyway, IIRC OPs deal was possibly better than the normal, so an indication of what I might get one for normally would be useful. I'm in no rush so would be happy to wait for sales or a bargain though.
    I was finding it difficult to get any sort of discount on the Pelagos until this was posted on the forum showing a £960 discount so i jumped at it.

Master
    thanks. I recall the discount was big. i saw the post and despite not having evolved my thinking past some other watches at that point, had the pelagos been shown on the shop website you may not have got it! enjoy it, and do let us know how your get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    It does, massively. In direct sunlight it looks like the image from the OP. In the shade/dark it looks royal blue and as a result is very wearable.
    Thank you!
    "A man of little significance"

Great shot, love the saturation levels!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Thank you!
    Image below in lighter and darker settings if that helps at all.

Last edited by Stuno1; 29th July 2019 at 08:38.

Tudor Pelagos

Super pic of a great watch. Thank you for sharing, OP.
    I had a blue Pelagos a couple of years ago, in my opinion it’s the pick of Tudor’s current range: integrates some of the brand’s signature design elements while being innovative and taking things forward a bit.

It had to go to fund other watches, but I’d happily have it back!

Craftsman
    Such a good looking watch and as said above, forward looking enough not to be just another Tudor pastiche of something old. Definitely my favourite of their range.

Are these currently hard to get hold of? And I assume they are an RRP only watch, or is a small discount still about?

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehase284 View Post
    Are these currently hard to get hold of? And I assume they are an RRP only watch, or is a small discount still about?

They are not hard to get hold of and should be able to negotiate a discount. I managed 10% off and first service free.

Image below in lighter and darker settings if that helps at all.

Wow, that is truly amazing!

Love to know where from if you don't mind...
    They are not hard to get hold of and should be able to negotiate a discount. I managed 10% off and first service free.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehase284 View Post
    Love to know where from if you don't mind...

Fraser Hart in Chelmsford. This was last year November time I think. Maybe slightly longer ago.

Master
    Was that an advertised sale event price or a negotiated discount? I assume negotiated discount

Master
    Was that an advertised sale event price or a negotiated discount? I assume negotiated discount
    Negotiated discount with the AD.

Craftsman
    That blue really is stunning!

Craftsman
    Thanks for the comments folks.

Master
    i took a look at one in person today, and t is very nice. lovely matt, bright and light blue. It is very light too, but then i'm comparing to a lump of a PO. finishing looked nice but bezel..hmm...60 click bezel if that matters and also in some positions it seemed to not quite align o he dial, other positions it did align...odd. the lack of bezel pip is a bit weird, oh and compared to a black bay the bezel action isn't so crisp, loud and snappy, it does still feel very positive though. i feel my decision firming up

oh and how exactly does the expanding clasp work? the sales girl wan't clued up and i didn't feel like giving it a good tug...is it just spring loaded? does it not feel like its squeezing your wrist if you rely on it for sizing?
    Last edited by LondonNeil; 31st July 2019 at 00:27.

Craftsman
    I didn't realise about the 60 click bezel but I suppose you have to balance out on where the £ has gone on it. The bracelet for instance is brilliant in my opinion and I'd much rather have that, the bezel I suppose I only use for arbitrary timing so wouldn't concern me so much.

More than that though, I just think it looks lovely. Do they do the aged looking black one with creamy lume in standard none-lhd version?

Master
    Yes I was surprised by the bezel but it really doesn't functionally matter. It's just one of those little things that we can look for to find quality.... Or rather excuses to spend a lot of money ha ha! I did love the colour, I loved the overall finish, I loved the lightness, did indeed think the bracelet was good and I liked the dial... Visually it seems large.. Large simple indices and large simple snowflake hands. It looked.... Young without being childish... Fun. Which is what I want. I've more saving to do so won't be rushing, unless I see a really good deal like OP got, but I may have made my choice! I asked about cash price...no discount.... This was Harrods though so I kinda expected that. I think I can save 6% on vouchers for Chisholm Hunter jewellers so that's my starting point.... Although their website only shows the lhd and normal black versions. Creamy looking black aged lume? I didn't know there was one. Ahhh... Hang on... Maybe check the Chisholm Hunter website, they seemed to have the black version listed twice and I could see no difference but maybe this is what you mean?

Craftsman
    Yes the LHD version has a cream lume on it...

https://www.tudorwatch.com/watches/p...m25610tnl-0001

It also has the name and even numbered dates in red. Just gives it that little extra something for me even though I'm not usually a fan of fake patina watches.

Master
    I took a look at the pelagos again today, and asked about the lume. Only the LHD version has the cream faux aged lume, both standard crown versions have clean white indices. TBH, the faux ageing the the LHD didn't look right to me...I think its done better on other watches

i got a proper demonstration of the extension clasp this time ( I was in a different jewellers). it is far less straightforward as the rolex or omega glidelock type systems but seems ok. 3 lockable positions that the clasp adjust to by pulling part of the clasp perpendicularly to the main part and moving it, then one further position that is spring loaded. it works,simple enough...just, and enough adjustment...just....maybe a bit complex though but i doubt it would break.
    Last edited by LondonNeil; 1st August 2019 at 22:25.

Craftsman
    Love mine, to be honest it's one of my favourite watches.
    The blue is really striking although not everyone's cup of tea it seems.
    I also love the adjustment on the bracelet and find it so easy to use. I only really use the three fixed adjustment points but all in all really robust mechanism.

It's one watch I would not part with.
    Last edited by Gee252; 1st August 2019 at 23:28.

Master
    Can anyone help me out with pronunciation of pelagos? I believe it comes from the Greek god the ocean but my ancient Greek is rusty so they doesn't help with how to pronounce it. Is it a short ' a'.... Pela-gos, or a long 'A'...pelaaayy-gos, or...? I've asked a couple of sales staff now and got no definite answer.... They've been clueless like me.

One did tell me a ridiculous story about the bezel action, apparently Tudor designers made the click on the pelagos and BB sound like the Rolex safe where they store the precious metals. Hmmm. Sounds absurd to me and very unlikely. I don't think the two watches even have similar sounding clicks.

Apprentice
    I love my LHD.

As previously mentioned, roulette date wheel, red PELAGOS text set it apart form the others. The faux aged lume works well with the overall feel of the watch and mixes with the matt black dial and bezel nicely. The red text also helps break up the significant amount of text on the dial.

Craftsman
    I had the black faced pelagos for a while. I think its a fantastic watch and is probably a future classic. I moved it on though because it was too big for my taste. If they did the same watch in a 40mm I'd be seriously interested. But then maybe the dial, which is a pretty striking feature wouldn't be the same.
    In relation to the lhd model, it's one of the few watches I like with cream lume as it's not trying to look like faux patina.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    Bought mine from a Greek AD whilst on holiday in Crete, was before they were available in the UK. It was around five years ago now but the sales lady pronounced it very different to me, the "Pela" was similar "gos" sounded more like "goos" but in a Greek accent. It would be very pretentious to try and copy it. Still one of my favourite watches.

One did tell me a ridiculous story about the bezel action, apparently Tudor designers made the click on the pelagos and BB sound like the Rolex safe where they store the precious metals. Hmmm. Sounds absurd to me and very unlikely. I don't think the two watches even have similar sounding clicks.
    Now... Strangely enough, I was told exactly the same thing when I was looking at a BB in (IIRC) Chisholm Hunter at Silverburn, Glasgow back in late 2016/early 2017....I'd completely forgotten this until now! I have to say my reaction was the same as yours. I wonder if the sales people have been on the same course?

A

Quote Originally Posted by aamaci View Post
    Now... Strangely enough, I was told exactly the same thing when I was looking at a BB in (IIRC) Chisholm Hunter at Silverburn, Glasgow back in late 2016/early 2017....I'd completely forgotten this until now! I have to say my reaction was the same as yours. I wonder if the sales people have been on the same course?

A
    Can’t be true as my AD said it’s my Black Bay 58 that sounds like the Rolex safe.

Master
    i was looking at both a BB and a Pelagos last week and commented to the sales assistant how the bezels felt and sounded very different! story is rubbish!

i was looking at both a BB and a Pelagos last week and commented to the sales assistant how the bezels felt and sounded very different! story is rubbish!
    Of course. Complete rubbish. But maybe it does reveal who they consider to be their target market.... people who want to believe this sort of nonsense?

A

Master
    I forgot to ask about price in the AD last week but since the manager made a point of ' stay in touch, email and call in again' I emailed able price and.... No response.
    Beaverbrooks sell it online though and topcashback gives a 10.5% cashback there, Tudor aren't excluded from that. So £2864 is the target to beat. I'd prefer a physical shop and face to face though.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Lovely shot
    Agree, quality shot and even better when you click through (not click bait).

Craftsman
    Looks like a lot of love on the forum for the Pelagos where it be black/blue/lhd etc. For a bracelet its very comfortable although i will pick up a Crafter Blue rubber strap i think as the once supplied is a bit short for an 8” wrist.

Master

Question

Has anyone spotted fake Pelagos watches? I’ve seen the odd Pelagos listed on eBay that appears suspicious.