closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: NASCAR

Blog Entries

NASCAR

Anyone follow it ?

I was lucky enough to visit Penske & Ganassi teams on a recent work trip to North Carolina & snapped a few cars at Ganassi...

I have to say it was a hugely impressive set up. Not F1 levels of technology, but seeing the facility & (still predominantly steel bodied) cars in build was quite something.

My neck may have become a little red as a result of this week’s work visits....

z

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Love Nascar, Marlboro in your t-shirt sleeve and big fast cars.

(gave up smoking though! )
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Nice photos. Being an American, I watch NASCAR races with some regularity, but I don't 'follow' the sport at all. I attended one race, the Checker AutoWorks 500 in Phoenix because my employer was the name sponsor of the race!

I used to be heavily into it. My interest has wained in the last couple of years with the playoff championship format and the races being split into segments. Last year the only race I watched was Daytona. This year I haven't watched any.

I have been to one race at Texas Motor Speedway in 2006. I got to into pit lane before the race. The sound of 43 cars on a restart was amazing. Here I am in Smoke's pit box.

H
    Last edited by Phil Lee; 27th July 2019 at 00:02.

I have watched it on and off over the years, on a trip to Florida several years back I paid extra to go round Daytona for 3 laps in a Nascar, it was an awesome experience, 600 BHP from a big V8 and being inches from the wall at 160mph just blew my mind!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    ... being inches from the wall at 160mph just blew my mind!
    I can imagine. I had a ride along in a Lotus Elise at Castle Combe this morning & it was... unforgettable.

z
    Last edited by zelig; 27th July 2019 at 15:51.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    I have watched it on and off over the years, on a trip to Florida several years back I paid extra to go round Daytona for 3 laps in a Nascar, it was an awesome experience, 600 BHP from a big V8 and being inches from the wall at 160mph just blew my mind!
    Professional drivers can make it all look so easy, passengers can be a little overwhelmed sometimes.........................Damon out for a spin.....

Last edited by oldoakknives; 27th July 2019 at 18:37.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.