closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Aquadive Bathyscaphe 100 GMT

Aquadive Bathyscaphe 100 GMT

Anyone an opinion on the above, I've been very taken by one on today's Friday thread and wondered if any owners would care to share their views.
    n2.
    Last edited by number2; 27th July 2019 at 05:42.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

I can't speak to the BS100 GMT directly but I have owned the BS300 and BS500 in the past, both were fantatsically built watches and infact I still kick myself for selling the BS500.

They're on the chunky side but it's all part of their charm, and the GMTs do offer that splash of colour which makes them an excellent choice as a summer watch, especially on a coloured Isofrane strap.

They're sometimes available on pre-order so you can get a discount that way, otherwise I'd say used would be your best option as you'll likely save yourself up to 50% or RRP.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I had one. Nice enough and the splash of colour was great. I found it was very chunky to wear though. If you like a large watch, then definitely worth considering one.

Great watch, fantastic quality. Not overly fond of their bracelet as I found it didn’t match the quality of the rest of the watch.

I notice that a few have passed through SC in the last few years at around half retail, I accept that it's a little chunkier than some but in many ways that's part of its 1960s dive- watch vibe, ideally I'll somehow get the opportunity to try one soon.
    Just done a size comparison with my largest watch a Seiko Samurai Blue Lagoon, and the Aquadive is slightly taller but slightly smaller (case size).
    Last edited by number2; 26th July 2019 at 21:45.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Here's a size comparison if helpful:

Now I have to say, that is a chunky fella!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Anyone an opinion on the above, I've been very taken by one on today's Friday thread and wondered if any owners would care to share their views.
    n2.
    A review of the watch by Monochrome from February 2019.
    https://monochrome-watches.com/aquad...caphe-100-gmt/

I didn’t have the GMT, but liked the one I had except for the crown being so big. It kept digging in to the back of my hand.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Thanks all for the feedback and opinions, my thoughts are along the lines of an orange or yellow one predominantly as a holiday watch, the wrist photos are really appreciated and with that in mind I'll be keeping my eyes open with a view to trying one, the reviews I've read have been positive, is Page & Cooper the only UK dealer?

Craftsman
    I had a yellow one. Think I bought it here a few years ago?
    Very nice watch, I liked it a lot, but not for the smaller wrist..

Thread resurrection!
    I’ve been mulling one of these over (specifically the GMT). I’m also looking at a Doxa and was wondering how it compares quality wise?