closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 151 to 182 of 182

Thread: Star Trek: Picard

  1. #151
    Master Kirk280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,810
    Iím really enjoying the series. I must say I was disappointed by Rikerís actions - he should have been far more supportive to his old Captain. Letís hope Worf rejoins the party!

  2. #152
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Brexit Wilderness
    Posts
    478
    Another good episode this week. Resistance is futile.

  3. #153
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mid Glamorgan
    Posts
    3,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Allthingsblue View Post
    Another good episode this week. Resistance is futile.
    Please donít do this. How you manage to watch the episodes on a Thursday I donít know, but I and I suspect most others on here donít get the new episodes until Friday. Iíd rather not open this thread and get spoilers.

  4. #154
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Brexit Wilderness
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Please donít do this. How you manage to watch the episodes on a Thursday I donít know, but I and I suspect most others on here donít get the new episodes until Friday. Iíd rather not open this thread and get spoilers.
    It's not really what you might call a "spoiler" just one line from a show lasting almost an hour and I'm sure it won't harm your enjoyment.

  5. #155
    Master IAmATeaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NW London
    Posts
    4,172
    Didnít they do a study which found that spoiling didnít actually spoil and actually enhanced the overall watching experience and made you pick up things that youíd normally have missed?

    I actually just checked Prime but nothing yet :(

  6. #156
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Brexit Wilderness
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    Didnít they do a study which found that spoiling didnít actually spoil and actually enhanced the overall watching experience and made you pick up things that youíd normally have missed?

    I actually just checked Prime but nothing yet :(
    Well you won't need to enhanced anything as you can't miss it when admiral Clancy drops the F bomb on JLP, quite a moment for Star Trek.

  7. #157
    Master subseastu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ashby, uk
    Posts
    1,590
    3 episodes in and not one ewok or sniff of a wookie. Disappointed

    Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

  8. #158
    Master wildheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Essex - Hopefully on a golf course!
    Posts
    7,682
    Love this show

  9. #159
    Master IAmATeaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NW London
    Posts
    4,172
    Just watched it, certainly picking up the pace, can't wait till next week.

  10. #160
    Grand Master Velorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    Just watched it, certainly picking up the pace, can't wait till next week.
    Agreed

    The old Picard is beginning to emerge

    Excellent

  11. #161
    Grand Master hogthrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    12,336
    Interesting that RŪos used to be on a star ship with Mike Pence for captain.

  12. #162
    Master jimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    home of the "PARMO"
    Posts
    6,836
    Very slowly picking up the pace, in fact boring in parts.

  13. #163
    I can forgive the odd f bomb here and there, even from an admiral at a push.

    Now that was a superb episode, welcome back JL

  14. #164
    Ok soI appreciate the low budgetness of picard, it's very trekkie.
    But ah... I dunno, you just can't beat the orville.
    I'm watching all the ST movies again, they are further ahead than the expanse and actually more scientifically accurate when it comes to zero g. And that was what, 40 years ago?
    Anyway, picard makes me sleep, I am watching episodes two to three times and I fail to understand most of the plot.
    In fact, this posts reminds me I have to watch episode 8 again, so much for the excitement.

    I feel there is a lot I am missing...

    ...
    BUBI 0_0

  15. #165
    Master wildheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Essex - Hopefully on a golf course!
    Posts
    7,682
    Quote Originally Posted by nickyboyo View Post
    I can forgive the odd f bomb here and there, even from an admiral at a push.

    Now that was a superb episode, welcome back JL
    Just great when Picard is told to Ďshut the **** up!í


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  16. #166
    Grand Master TheFlyingBanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bedfordshire and your back garden
    Posts
    17,214
    Quote Originally Posted by bubi View Post
    Ok soI appreciate the low budgetness of picard, it's very trekkie.
    But ah... I dunno, you just can't beat the orville.
    I'm watching all the ST movies again, they are further ahead than the expanse and actually more scientifically accurate when it comes to zero g. And that was what, 40 years ago?
    Anyway, picard makes me sleep, I am watching episodes two to three times and I fail to understand most of the plot.
    In fact, this posts reminds me I have to watch episode 8 again, so much for the excitement.

    I feel there is a lot I am missing...

    ...
    BUBI 0_0
    You think Picard is low budget? I can assure you it isn't.

    The Orville is excellent - agreed.

    I think Picard is superb so far. It's to the producers credit that they haven't tried to make STTNG again.
    So clever my foot fell off.

  17. #167
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Uxbridge
    Posts
    2,131
    It started a little slowly but I'm really enjoying now.

  18. #168
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Brexit Wilderness
    Posts
    478
    Episode 9 is another good one, this series is building nicely.

    All I can say this week is the Romulans are coming and it looks like all of them.

  19. #169
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    essex
    Posts
    155
    Eye spy with my little eye..
    Amazon, Episode 9, exactly 01:25.

  20. #170
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Brexit Wilderness
    Posts
    478
    Good series finale.

    Seven of nine and Raffi, didn't see that coming.

  21. #171
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    essex
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by djacks42 View Post
    Eye spy with my little eye..
    Amazon, Episode 9, exactly 01:25.
    Answer: a case-back opener. On a desk. on space ship. ??!

  22. #172
    Grand Master hogthrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    12,336
    Are we doing spoilers? I have a question that would count as one.

  23. #173
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Brexit Wilderness
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Are we doing spoilers? I have a question that would count as one.
    Can you whisper it?

  24. #174
    Grand Master hogthrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    12,336
    [Spoiler]

    Now that his physical body is gone, is Picard still a little bit Locutus, or is that also gone?


    [/Spoiler]

  25. #175
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Brexit Wilderness
    Posts
    478
    It's difficult to know, but I'm sure there will still be a little bit Swedish for series 2.

  26. #176
    Grand Master TheFlyingBanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bedfordshire and your back garden
    Posts
    17,214
    Excellent season finale.

    I look forward to season 2, whenever that is.
    So clever my foot fell off.

  27. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Excellent season finale.

    I look forward to season 2, whenever that is.
    Same, they really went all out with the finale. Best single episode of any Star Trek for a very long time.

  28. #178
    I've been hoarding the 2nd half of the season. I cannot wait to binge this weekend

  29. #179
    Grand Master Dave E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Buckingham, UK
    Posts
    16,609
    Just watched the last two together. Damn, that was good.
    Dave E

    Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

  30. #180
    Superb finish to the season. Quite a touching finale, and thoroughly looking forward to the next season.

    Great work Sir Patrick 👍

  31. #181
    Master Kirk280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,810
    I really enjoyed the whole series.

  32. #182
    Grand Master Velorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    13,581
    Yes, an excellent watch.

    Looking forward to series 2
    ''I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
    purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information