closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Burglary in Leicester

Craftsman

Burglary in Leicester

Unfortunately got home from holiday at the weekend to find that the house had been broken into and the wife's car, some of her jewellery and my watches had been stolen. Luckily nobody was home at the time, the car has been recovered apparently undamaged and the insurance should cover the loss (unless that insurance company play silly b*****s!) but in case anyone comes across them, the watches stolen are listed below (all stolen as loose watches as box and papers were elsewhere):

• Panerai PAM312 - LE 0411/4000, serial no BB1440069 (previously owned by Top Cat of this parish)
    • Grand Seiko SBGM027 - Case Serial No. 420104, Movement Serial No. 247250
    • Tag Heuer Monza CR2110 - Serial No. 4100
    • Christopher Ward C60 Trident Mk1 - Forum LE 009/100
    • Seiko SPB079 - serial no. 840510 (on the steel bracelet for the SPB077 rather than the standard rubber strap)
    • Maurice Lacroix Pontos S Diver - Serial No. AV08437
    • Meccaniche Veneziane Nereide GMT - Black dial / grey bezel, Serial No. AB41237 (between the lugs)

That's bad news. I hope that the scum are brought to justice, although nowadays the Police aren't that too bothered to investigate thoroughly.
    Just as an aside, why do folks like to broadcast their holidays on social media these days and assist potential burglaries? May as well tell the world!(no implication this was the case in your situation).I hope your watches are recovered... keep an eye on the usual auction sites.

Journeyman
    Horrible, I’m sorry to hear this. I’m also in Leicester and also returned from a holiday a couple of days ago. It’s always a worry at the back of my mind that I’ll return to something similar.

Hopefully any potential buyers will google the serial numbers and see this page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Sorry to hear that, awful experience to have to endure.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Not a good welcome home. Hope you get your watches back.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Having recently being broken into I know how you feel,it’s a real bummer

Master
    Very sorry to hear this but I’m sure the insurance will cover your loses. I’m also in Leicester so it’s always a shock when so close to home.

Never nice to be broken into, hope you get your stuff back.

If you didn't have one, it may be worthwhile considering getting a safe to deter all but the most intent thieves.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the kind comments guys, certainly not pleasant but could have been much worse.

The police have actually been pretty good, CSI were round first thing the next morning, although appears they wore gloves, and the investigating officer was round straight after and has kept us updated.

The car is currently in forensics to see if they can get anything from it, so fingers crossed!

Sorry to hear this. I'm also currently back in Leicester, so will keep my ear to the ground.

We've been done twice in 27 years so I know how it feels. Both times I was fortunate enough to get home before Mrs K did.

We now have (along with the usual outdoor security) Hive cameras fitted around the house. As they are internet based, they catch and store all footage, so even if the scum do see the camera, they are already on film. Useless if they have their face covered, but they're are not always that smart.
    This not only alerts (to your phone) you immediately, but I also think that unless you have some lead (face rec, finger print, witness etc) then the police will not even bother to persue the case due to their total lack of resources.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Jon Kenney; 25th July 2019 at 08:51.

Sorry to hear. Hope insurance makes good the loss and the scum are caught.

Master
    I’m very sorry to hear this. It must be awful.

How did they get in?

Journeyman
    Sorry to hear this. Hope it all works out for you.

Somebody broke into my place a couple of years ago. Broke my downstairs bedroom window, managed to ignore all my watches on the dressing table next to it and then appeared to run away when they got scared by some commotion in the house.

The commotion was (we presume) Mr Warrington P. Cat getting so scared at the noise from the broken window that he ran up the lounge curtains, and being a fat bastard both the curtains and rail gave way.

The only loss I suffered was my running head torch which went missing, the broken window and a repair to my curtains.

Another place just down the road was also done that afternoon. The police were excellent but no fingerprints and no witnesses and so they had little to go on.

Master
    Scum. Also in nw Leicestershire. Will keep an eye open. Will let my pals in Leicester area know as well.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Thanks all, it's much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    I’m very sorry to hear this. It must be awful.

How did they get in?
    They forced a downstairs window at the rear of the house, old wooden frames that we hadn't replaced as we planned to extend next year.

It's horrible being burgled, and burglars are the lowest of the low in my book, my sympathies Phil. Remember they're most likely rather stupid and will hopefully soon be caught and sentenced appropriately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil0886 View Post
    Thanks all, it's much appreciated.

They forced a downstairs window at the rear of the house, old wooden frames that we hadn't replaced as we planned to extend next year.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    It's horrible being burgled, and burglars are the lowest of the low in my book, ...................
    This.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Journeyman
    +1

Sorry to hear but I’d get CCTV and a decent safe , it’s the best you can do IMO

UOTE=Jon Kenney;5156336]Sorry to here this. I'm also currently back in Leicester, so will keep my ear to the ground.

We've been done twice in 27 years so I know how it feels. Both times I was fortunate enough to get home before Mrs K did.

We now have (along with the usual outdoor security) Hive cameras fitted around the house. As they are internet based, they catch and store all footage, so even if the scum do see the camera, they are already on film. Useless if they have their face covered, but they're are not always that smart.
    This not only alerts (to your phone) you immediately, but I also think that unless you have some lead (face rec, finger print, witness etc) then the police will not even bother to persue the case due to their total lack of resources.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil0886 View Post
    Here’s good info about strengthening window security - it’s well worth looking through the index on the left to see what could help.

When you extend next year, I recommend specifying windows that meet the PAS 24 standard (i.e. enhanced security).

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    Here’s good info about strengthening window security - it’s well worth looking through the index on the left to see what could help.

When you extend next year, I recommend specifying windows that meet the PAS 24 standard (i.e. enhanced security).
    Thanks Dougal, very useful, bookmarked for a thorough read and future reference.

@d2ore - The wife has arranged for an alarm engineer to come round and is looking at wireless systems that will accommodate the extension, also looking at the likes of ring.com and probably a safe when the work happens.

Journeyman
    Nice one 👍🏿
    It works for me

Hope you retrieve what’s yours bud

QUOTE=Phil0886;5157744]Thanks Dougal, very useful, bookmarked for a thorough read and future reference.

@d2ore - The wife has arranged for an alarm engineer to come round and is looking at wireless systems that will accommodate the extension, also looking at the likes of ring.com and probably a safe when the work happens.[/QUOTE]

Grand Master
    Each time I see or hear anything like this it confirms I need to get rid of most of mine.Its a worry whenever I'm away.