closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ethernet hard wired video door bell

Ethernet hard wired video door bell

Does anyone know of a video doorbell which can connect by cable to the network? I find my Ring doorbell a nightmare in terms of WiFi reception, despite Google wifi all over the house and fast fibre.

Craftsman
    The Ring Elite is PoE:
    https://en-uk.ring.com/products/video-doorbell-elite

Never tried one, I have the nest hello which is great but wireless (in terms of connectivity)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by domwells View Post
    The Ring Elite is PoE:

Never tried one, I have the nest hello which is great but wireless (in terms of connectivity)

Thanks, weird I couldn't find that on Amazon even though they own Ring! Ridiculously expensive.

How do you find the Nest in terms of reliability and stability of connection and response? It takes so long for the Ring I have to respond the person has usually gone by the time it works, if it works.

Also considering Nest for the heating which might mean one less wireless system in the house.

Craftsman
    The nest seems to work really well, wired in to the fuse box and chime so maintenance free.
    I've only used the 2 way comms side of it a few times, but it's performed fine in those instances. I guess the fact that it's wired in to power rather than being battery means it can be more proactive in maintaining connection?
    On the rare occasion it's dropped connection it turned out to be my BT home hub that had fallen over.

I've also got nest thermostats and an outdoor IQ cam, very handy having it all in a single app!

Thanks, yes could be having power hard wired it can pull more power for the WiFi, good point! Thanks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by domwells View Post
    The Ring Elite is PoE:

£449 doorbell?! What a time to be alive!!

Master
    I'd be wary of having unprotected access to my network sat poking through my wall. Yes the doorbell is protected by a security screw but that's no obstacle to the determined. I guess it depends on what you have on your home network. Any internal cameras, networked alarm system or connected laptops would be vulnerable. Wifi security isn't perfect but it's better than a raw pipe into your network.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    £449 doorbell?! What a time to be alive!!
    £449 - hold Ring/Bijans beer...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/luxury/t...sive-doorbell/

Update on this, there's also the Doorbird but it's very expensive. I've decided to go with the Hiqvision power over ethernet hardwired video intercom. It costs much less, at £166 and is hard wired, plus looks neat recessed into the wall. Also comes with a video touchscreen that you can have hardwired and mounted on the wall, as well as working on a mobile app.

My ring 2 is a POS. The video camera is hardwired to electronic but still WiFi and is better but I wouldn't bother with ring again I don't think.

The PoE version looks good but at £450 is a non starter for me.

Surely you've made the right call with the Hikvision.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    My ring 2 is a POS. The video camera is hardwired to electronic but still WiFi and is better but I wouldn't bother with ring again I don't think.

The PoE version looks good but at £450 is a non starter for me.

Surely you've made the right call with the Hikvision.
    Yup I'm hoping it will be a more professional and stable set up. Cheaper too. Also can control the cctv cameras with the same Hiqvision app.