closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tesla 3 Performance + c/car thoughts

Blog Entries

Tesla 3 Performance + c/car thoughts

After reading quite a bit I am after 15 years thinking I might dip a toe back into Company Car malarky again.

Although the new 3 is a lot smaller than the hacks of recent (Latest Q7 and present XC90) it really does appeal.

So what are the thoughts, anyone got their 3 yet, and how are the S and X holding up.

Ta
    Pitch

Craftsman
    I am waiting for confirmation of the 2021-22 and 2022-23 BIK company car tax treatment of zero emission cars. If the 2020-21 2% BIK rate continues I will jumping in. I have my eye on the Kia e-Niro as it will be more practical than the Model 3 and has been getting great reviews.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mangoosian View Post
    I am waiting for confirmation of the 2021-22 and 2022-23 BIK company car tax treatment of zero emission cars. If the 2020-21 2% BIK rate continues I will jumping in. I have my eye on the Kia e-Niro as it will be more practical than the Model 3 and has been getting great reviews.
    I thought I read somewhere it was 0% for next year rising to 1% year after then 2% year after that.
    Not sure if this is confirmed by HMRC or just an opinion by the author of the article.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    I thought I read somewhere it was 0% for next year rising to 1% year after then 2% year after that.
    Not sure if this is confirmed by HMRC or just an opinion by the author of the article.

Good call. Looks like BIK for high range zero emission cars has had a further 2 point reduction. Not showing on any formal government site but this article says:

2020-21 = 0%
    2021-22 = 1%
    2022-23 = 2%

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-ne...-tax-next-year.

I have time as I would.plan to get the car delivered for Q2 next year.

I am considering a Model3 Performance - just not sure I am quite ready yet to go the full electric hog.

I also tend to like SUV's for my daily driver, so could be interested in the Model Y, but I don't think it will be released in time for my next change.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Blog Entries
    Tesla 3 is currently Holland's best-sold car. 100% are company cars, though.

I heard a story about taking the Tesla on holiday in Europe. Recharging isn't possible at all service stations in Europe when heading south. So when a service station offered charging facilities, there were long queues (1 hr wait) before Tesla owners were able to hook their car to the charger.

Menno

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    I am considering a Model3 Performance - just not sure I am quite ready yet to go the full electric hog.

I also tend to like SUV's for my daily driver, so could be interested in the Model Y, but I don't think it will be released in time for my next change.
    Have a look at the Mercedes EQC if you like SUV’s. It’s much cheaper than a similar sized Tesla (x)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mangoosian View Post
    Good call. Looks like BIK for high range zero emission cars has had a further 2 point reduction. Not showing on any formal government site but this article says:

2020-21 = 0%
    2021-22 = 1%
    2022-23 = 2%

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-ne...-tax-next-year.

I have time as I would.plan to get the car delivered for Q2 next year.
    I think that was the article I read or something very similar on Autocar

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Tesla 3 is currently Holland's best-sold car. 100% are company cars, though.

I heard a story about taking the Tesla on holiday in Europe. Recharging isn't possible at all service stations in Europe when heading south. So when a service station offered charging facilities, there were long queues (1 hr wait) before Tesla owners were able to hook their car to the charger.

Menno
    I was talking to a Belgian chap down in Devon over the weekend, he’d driven his Model S all the way and he’s found it pretty straightforward using the Tesla charging network and the Tesla destination point at his hotel.

Times they are a changing...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    I was talking to a Belgian chap down in Devon over the weekend, he’d driven his Model S all the way and he’s found it pretty straightforward using the Tesla charging network and the Tesla destination point at his hotel.

Times they are a charging...
    Fixed it ! Cheers John B4

Not the Model 3 performance, but I see Tesla have just dropped the price of basic Model 3 in standard spec to £39990 so that it does not attract the additional £320 RFL.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Soot1e View Post
    Not the Model 3 performance, but I see Tesla have just dropped the price of basic Model 3 in standard spec to £39990 so that it does not attract the additional £320 RFL.
    unless you add extras.

Blog Entries
    Cheers chaps for comments and views, I really do feel a Model 3 Performance through the business for me is ticking boxes.

So, any other thoughts from Tesla owners??

@jaytip and @Sootie - explain comments please.

many thanks

Paul

Craftsman
    My mate in the states has the Model 3 (not the performance one) and loves it. He changed from a BMW 4 series and has been very happy.

When the Tesla3 price was first published in the UK the base model without extras and no cost paint was above the £40000 threshold which attracts the additional RFL of £320 for years 2 to 6 of ownership.

The recent price drop means the same car now retails at £39990 and the government grant of £3500 is taken off this price.

Any extras ordered on the base model will take it’s list price above £40000.