closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hayfever

Master

Hayfever

Fed up! Mine's normally done by July and I'm still suffering. Anyone elses' gone on longer this year?

It is the tree pollen that has done me this year - just awful!.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I take one of these every night before bed. I used to suffer badly but they so far this year nothing.

Worse for me too. I switched from Cetirizine to Loratadine hoping it would improve but sadly not.

Craftsman
    Yep, usually finished by now. Worst year for hayfever since childhood.

Flexofondine FTW.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Local honey is supposedly to do the job.

Sadly a myth....ex work colleague heard about that a few years ago and it didn't work. Having googled it since there's no proof to suggest it works either, shame as it sounds like it might!

Mine's been pretty much over the past week and bang on time (yay!) - some minor flare ups, but no medicine required! I usually get another hit later in the season, so bracing for that....

Mines still going but at a lower, and reasonably tolerable, level now.

I take Loratadine daily.

Driving about with the top down at the start of the season had me sneezing, coughing and feeling awful but I stuck with it and seemed to go through some kind of allergy barrier where it suddenly started to improve. Perhaps this kind of 'flooding' has some merit?

Master
    I take cetirizine daily from April through to September and that keeps it u see control during the day. We also have an air purifier in the bedroom and that really helps with the sleep and not feeling terrible in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Beconase works for me - a squirt in the morning and one before bed.

Just to add a sense of the obscure and weird to this, my DOG gets hayfever. The last few weeks she hasn't been too bad, but today, she got into a thicket with some delicious plants in there and the sneezing coming from a bush was seriously discombobulating passers-by! When eventually she came out her eyes were streaming, nose running, and the sneezing had to be heard to be believed!

Now 8 hours later and she is back to normal... bar the odd 'Bless you' moment.

Master
    Was fine until start of June, then bang.. sneezing fits all day long. Miserable. Thankfully been out on in the middle of the Caspian Sea for the last month so hoping i've missed the worst of it.

For some years, I used to have a Kenalog injection. Has anyone else tried it?
    Twenty four hours later my hayfever was gone, and it lasted for approximately 6-8 weeks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by halfpasttwothirty View Post
    For some years, I used to have a Kenalog injection. Has anyone else tried it?
    Twenty four hours later my hayfever was gone, and it lasted for approximately 6-8 weeks.
    I had this as a kid and was a miracle cure for that season only. GPs don’t like giving it now as it has side effects, I believe one of which is death.
    Makes you fast on a bike too...

Journeyman
    Vasaline up the nose. Catches the pollen. Works.