closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Me and my big mouth…

Journeyman

Me and my big mouth…

So last week I posted about my problems with the local AD, their surfeit of Datejusts and the lack of any divers. Fast forward to this morning and an answerphone message from the AD (without a number to call them back on, obvs!) asking whether or not I'd like a nice new SS Sea Dweller that arrived this morning?

I mean yes, of course I'd like it. £500 deposit paid, credit card limit increased to cover it as the AD isn't happy with a bank transfer, and hopefully collection later this week. They're withholding the warranty card because they don't trust their customers, but what can you do?

Just make sure you get the stickers too, I've heard some sorry tales of ADs taking the stickers and ruining the full set.

If shop worn wear and tear bothers you insist they keep it in the safe and delivery state received or everyone and their dog will have a sniff and try of it before you get there...
    Gray

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Least you got a call!

I’m still awaiting my AD to call me! Been close to 2 years! And have bought watches from the since!

Craftsman
    Nice way to start the week.. well may you wear

Journeyman
    In other news, this will be worth about an order of magnitude more than my usual wear. What's the general recommendation for insurance?

Master
    I have mine on the house insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by sunaxi View Post
    In other news, this will be worth about an order of magnitude more than my usual wear. What's the general recommendation for insurance?
    From memory with watches under 15k M&S home policy and over 15k Hiscox.

Mine are just itemised on home insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Just make sure you get the stickers too, I've heard some sorry tales of ADs taking the stickers and ruining the full set.
    Not to forget the hang tags and the coffin.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Seriously? People want used stickers?

Quote Originally Posted by Joppers View Post
    Seriously? People want used stickers?
    Where people even keep them, in an album?

Fair play, if that's what you want, but I don't care what watch is desired if a dealer withheld any document or part of the package, I'd tell them where to Foxtrot Oscar.

It just smacks of manipulation. Feck that for a game of soldiers.

Master
    Great way to start the week!

Next game level is for the AD to keep the watch for a year and give you the stickers and the box to take home

Me and my big mouth…

Quote Originally Posted by Ascalon View Post
    Fair play, if that's what you want, but I don't care what watch is desired if a dealer withheld any document or part of the package, I'd tell them where to Foxtrot Oscar.
    In which case you wouldn’t be leaving the AD with a watch that you’d have to pay at least 50% more for anywhere else!

Seriously man, where have you been hiding for the last few years, on a desert island?

Congratulations OP, it’s good to hear of people who actually want the watch getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    In which case you wouldn’t be leaving the AD with a watch that you’d have to pay at least 50% more for anywhere else!

Seriously man, where have you been hiding for the last few years, on a desert island?

Congratulations OP, it’s good to hear of people who actually want the watch getting one.
    +1

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post

Thanks. I still have some doubts about the AD. There was a missed call on my phone (but no message) on Saturday whilst I was out Parkrunning, which now I've checked was the AD. Seems strange that I had to give a deposit today if I wanted the watch, but they were quite happy to call on Saturday, not leave a message and then not call back again for over 48 hours. When I went on their list I was told in no uncertain terms that it was payment within 48 hours or you were off the list.

They don't inspire confidence. What sort of AD leaves an answerphone message saying it's important you call them back immediately, but doesn't leave a contact number? They'd also transcribed my email address onto their system incorrectly, but as I run the mail server it would probably have come to my attention anyway. Still…

Quote Originally Posted by sunaxi View Post
    I added my SD43mm to my Esure home insurance for about 40 quid home or away, theft or damage.
    I have all my watches itemised with them, and the replacement value goes up automatically with the price increases.

The acid test will be putting a claim in - But like all insurance, it's something you hope never happens.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascalon View Post

It just smacks of manipulation. Feck that for a game of soldiers.
    Laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Laugh.
    Someone explain to him how every Chinky, Chancer or Chav is out to make a quick buck out of a Rolex!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    Someone explain to him how every Chinky....is out to make a quick buck out of a Rolex!
    Hoping that has a different meaning in your neck of the woods.

Or, I’ve been doing it wrong the whole time, better start living up to expectation, flipping and raking in the big bucks.

Master
    Someone explain to him how every Chinky, Chancer or Chav is out to make a quick buck out of a Rolex!
    Yikes...

Blog Entries
    Disgraceful post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Meanwhile, someone should explain to you it’s the 21st century and there’s no place in it for pejorative terms like C*****.

Wow! As in ‘Wow, you just actually wrote that didn’t you?’ How is life back in your 70’s time warp?

Me and my big mouth

There is clearly a large contingent of fliippers on this site that can't accept the Rolex terms & conditions - That said, I could have worded it a lot better than I did.

Blog Entries
    There is clearly a large contingent of fliippers on this site that can't accept the Rolex terms & conditions - That said, I could have worded it a lot better than I did.
    So why use the term “Chinky” ?

Quote Originally Posted by genesos View Post
    "In contrast, women, Scots and voters aged between 25 and 39 are the most likely to take umbrage at terms such as “C*****” :-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...kip-voter.html
    Is that an excuse?

I fail to see a reasoning why folk of far easten decent would be more or less likely to be a flipper than any other person.

Granted, i usually need a Rolex flip to raise some quick cash after losing at the cricket fight, Or a bad day at the mahjong parlour....

Blog Entries
    Why did genesos delete his post? I am Scottish and think the term "Chinky" is completely out of order.

PS I am older than 39

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Does that include me then?

My parents are immigrants from Hong kong who came over to the uk to give myself and my siblings a better life and a good education .

I'd prefer if you called me Asian or chinese . Or as a few of ma pals on here would say I'm more scottish than they are?

Calling Chinese/ cantonese people chinkies is quite derogatory and it shows the character of a person. I have little time for the crap that comes out of your stupid mouth
    Last edited by alanski; 22nd July 2019 at 23:38.

Journeyman
    Came back to look at the replies to my post and suddenly we were back in the land of 1970s racism. Words fail me.

Craftsman
    What a way to ruin a thread...

Craftsman
    No doubt it will be called 'humour' and everyone who rightly raises it as a disgraceful, ignorant, discriminatory comment will be told that they have no sense of humour and should lighten up. It's just all too familiar and dispiriting (is that how that is spelt?)

Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post
    What a way to ruin a thread...
    In a weird way and especially given the title of the thread he kind of commandeered it. Outstanding really but sad to see that word used in 2019.