closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Portofino, worth spending a few nights?

Portofino, worth spending a few nights?

Any regular goers or members local to the place? I’m looking to spend four/five nights.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Lots of Russians there these days.

So I gather it’s pleasant to the eye (Russian men excluded, ugly frs) and safe then?
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

It’s a very beautiful place, especially in the evening when the day trippers have left. Pretty crowded though. I enjoyed a day there but if I had a week or more there are other similar Italian riviera style towns that are as pretty but with a bit more space.

Master
    I has a mate who stayed near there in another place a little up the coast, water buses/ferries regularly travel in and out of all the places, it meant he could pay less for the holiday but fell like he was staying in Portofino. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks chaps! Given proximity to Genoa, I’d imagine it has a vibe of Villefranche-sur-Mer rather than of St Tropez or St Jean Cap Ferrat. Anyone been to Covo di Nord Est club, what’s it like?
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    Portofino is lovely (ideal if you’re looking for a gold/platinum/diamond Rolex as that’s all that seemed to be in the AD last year) but very small and I’d imagine, extremely expensive. What about somewhere like Santa Margherita that’s only a few minutes by ferry, a larger town and I’m guessing cheaper and has a lot more to do?

I've been for a day trip from Genoa.

There are other places I'd stay at in Liguria and just go to Portofino for a day.

I spent a week in Lerici in May, further down the coast. Here was the view from my hotel balcony.

Thanks for the pointers, that view is lovely! I'll have a look at the suggested locations. To be honest I just looking to do SFA - go for the morning dip, brekkie/brunch at the plage, do some shopping in the afternoon and dinner/clubbing in the evening, repeat. Ideally walk to and back from night clubs to hotel hence the location choix.
    Last edited by VDG; 22nd July 2019 at 19:31.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri