closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any keen rowers on here.......?

Quote Originally Posted by Shropshire Lad View Post
    Haha, that would be good!! We were in a composite crew made up of Pengwern Boat Club (Shrewsbury) and Swan Creek (New Jersey). We beat Chinook and one other before being beaten by Molesey.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately it didn’t happen - I wasn’t on launch duty for any of your races ... :(

Craftsman
    Just received concept rower so will be assembling today, really looking forward to the challenge, also bought the girlfriend the concept bike and put together last night so if quality is anything to go by then the rower won’t disappoint and thanks for all the tips/advice thus far

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I've decided that I need to get fit/lose weight... I don't really want to splash out on a Concept 2, however good they may be, so have set a £500 budget, which leaves me with...

https://www.jtxfitness.com/jtx-freedom-air-rowing-machine

or
    https://www.sweatband.com/proform-r6...g-machine.html

Any thoughts on one over the other, please ?

The Proform comes with a rubber mat for the floor, and I can get another 6% off through Honey... what does an extra £100 get me on the JTX (I have heart rate sensors for cycling, so don't need this) ?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Bit the bullet and bought the Proform R600 this morning.

Got 6% off using the Honey plug-in, 2% cashback (on the non-VAT price) from Quidco and £55 of 'extras' thrown in too (rubber floor mat and an exercise step).

Just need some motivation to lose 3 stone now...

Been rowing for a couple of weeks now and really enjoying it. I use the Coxswain Android app on my Notepad and it really works nicely.

I use an old heartbeat monitor which I had lying around, it transmits the rate only to a dedicated watch (its a 10+ year old Decathlon thing, no Bluetooth or ANT+). Now I want to buy a heartbeat monitor which connects directly to my notepad so that the heartbeat data is displayed on the notepad and is recorded over time and stored with the other data.

Question: do I have to buy a breastbelt with BLE/ANT+ or will a cheap Bluetooth activity tracker with heartbeat monitor do the same job? I have been looking at a few of those (Huawei Band 3 Pro, Xiaomi Mi Band 4 etc.) and my questions are: can I use those as a heartbeat monitor by directly connecting them to my notepad (rather than going through their native app) and are the readings stable enough during a rowing exercise?

Pricewise a cheap activity band and a decent breastbelt should be about the same, but I find it more comfortable not to wear the breastbelt. Good idea?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Have a look on dc rainmaker.

Wrist based hrm are no good for rowing, the movement throws them off.

I have a arm (bicep) wahoo tikr fit, loads of reviews on dc rainmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Have a look on dc rainmaker.

Wrist based hrm are no good for rowing, the movement throws them off.

I have a arm (bicep) wahoo tikr fit, loads of reviews on dc rainmaker.
    Thanks for your feedback. Just read the review and found a cheap (60 Euro) Polar OH1 on Amazon. I think I will test that one.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.