closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: £50 note.....what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    No limit with Apple Pay here either, though retailers may set their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Apple Pay doesn’t have a limit as such, but retailers can chose to have one. Because of the need for fingerprint it’s more secure than chip and pin, and contactless obviously.
    Thanks. In fact it’s the same over here. I forgot about the retailers’ own limits. I only know of one who has set a limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Correct unless I really have to. Would you really want to shake hands or take a bank note off someone who had handled a dirty old pair of sandels. If so, your hands are going to be riddled with germs.
    Do you pay someone to wipe your own arse.. :D

Master
    I’ve visited England twice in the last few weeks at a couple of BTCC meetings, had no problems(edit, *one) with Scottish notes being accepted, what do you expect me to carry? that’s what comes from cash machines or bank tellers here, should we have a currency exchange unit at the border? If you don’t want my Scottish notes or even any notes I guess we’ll not be doing business.
    * settling a bar and meal bill I offered 3x£50s, not a happy cashier, “have you anything smaller.” she asked, “no sorry, they’re all the same size” her boss smiled and over ruled her, and was happy to take my money.
    Common note in use here, £100s not so much but are around.
    Local pub had an issue recently with internet/phone, no card, Apple Pay or whatever, lots of thirsty punters wondering how to pay, seems you can’t get cash out a machine using a phone, I’ll stick to cash thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    Do you pay someone to wipe your own arse.. :D
    Yeh but he doesn't shake hands with him afterwards.

Never had anyone look sideways at me giving them a fifty pound note.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    SE England attitude,we use em to light the AGA.

Many years ago when living in Germany I was always paidd in high denomination D-marks before the Euro thing. I filled up with fuel at a service station, about 45DM at the time. My friend was a couple of places in front of me in the pay queue and wanted to buy some cigarettes but only had a 100DM (about £40 at the time. Cigarettes were about 1.50) note. The cashier was really annoyed and made him wait to be served for change. Imagine her horror when I got to the checkout with only 1000DM (£400 notes) in my wallet. She had to deal with it as the fuel was in my car. Made me smile st the time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    SE England attitude,we use em to light the AGA.

Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Blog Entries
    To those who are fussy about the finer points of contamination, I would mention that in the last year there is a statistical possibility that you have ingested a molecule of air that Ghengis Khan farted out!

Craftsman
    When I was in Stockholm to my amazement many bars did not accept cash . It occurred to me that in a financial crisis how do you protect your money if you can’t physically hold it . If cash is abolished and it seems to be happening by stealth the government can instigate a negative interest rate policy . I know in real terms they are already doing it .

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app