closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Audio help.

Master

Audio help.

I'm looking to buy a Cambridge audio cxn network streamer (not the V2 as its above my budget) and was wondering if I could pair it with a set of Monitor Audio Bronze 2 speakers. I don't really know anything about audio setups but the reviews on both these are great. Just for sticking in my basement room where I can go to listen to my music and chill. My max budget it £800 for the full setup.

Cheers all.

Master
    Have also been looking at the Pioneer VSX934, not sure if this is better than the Cambridge?

I'm almost certain you'll need an Amplifier that can take a digital input to take the signal from the streamer and drive those speakers.

Dont forget cables...

- - - Updated - - -

I use a Pioneer Streamer as that has a standard RCA output that can communicate to my NAD amp...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeThoughts View Post
    I'm almost certain you'll need an Amplifier that can take a digital input to take the signal from the streamer and drive those speakers.

Dont forget cables...

- - - Updated - - -

I use a Pioneer Streamer as that has a standard RCA output that can communicate to my NAD amp...
    Yup your right, can't use the Cambridge by itself just to power the speakers but the Pioneer would be fine. Now looking at Denon AVR's and getting totally confused🤪

Craftsman
    1. Do you already own the Monitor Audio Bronze 2 speakers, or are you including those in your budget of £800?

2. Why aren't you considering Sonos?

I'd buy a Naim Muso, since the launch of the MKII earlier this year the previous iteration are a bargain 2nd hand.
    Alternatively get the Naim QB 2nd gen

You'll need an integrated amp + cables to add to your original shopping list for it to deliver what you expect + it has the potential to look like a dog's breakfast + the user experience will be pants e.g. can't change volume from the streaming app, root around for the amp remote etc..

Honestly, don't go down that route unless you can increase your budget.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Well seeing as we're now buying a new house that has a room that I can turn into a cinema I decided to go for the Monitor Audio Bronze 2 speakers and a Denon X3500T AVR. Now on the hunt for a new TV a sub and some surrounding speakers to go with it. Tested the Denon with the Monitor Audios using Spotify and they some awesome.