closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Selling with watchfinder

Craftsman

Selling with watchfinder

Anyone had any experience with selling to them before or any tips on negotiating a higher price?

I saw that they have an explorer 214270 on sale for 6.3k but trying to low ball me with a 3.5k quote, bit cheeky

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

try chronext, they gave way better price.

I sold a 2017 SubC to them last month.

Offered £6750-7000. I rejected, they came back and I said I wanted £7500 and they said they'd pay it so went ahead. Was a lot better quote than other dealers. They subsequently put it up for £9495 and it was gone in 2 days. I know it was probably worth a bit more (looking around) but I was happy

Was a very good experience to be honest.

Just go back and say what you want adding a little bit more on. But the selling price on their site to what you get offered is obviously going to differ

Craftsman
    Yeah, I expected them to marking these up by about 30% but that's literally a 75% mark up!

Craftsman
    There's been quite a few threads on Watchfinder buying and selling.

I've generally had positive experiences with them, but it seems to vary massively on watch, staff and store.

I can't speak for Rolex, but they put about £1000 on watches I've traded in previously which were worth ~£3-4k

Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    Yeah, I expected them to marking these up by about 30% but that's literally a 75% mark up!

most likely they have a lot of Explorer II in stock and are not interested adding your.

Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post

Their mark-up is irrelevant - the only thing that matters is whether they are offering you close to what you want. They will pay trade prices and sell at high retail - that's business. Their offer is too crazy, you can always ask for more - or try and sell privately for slightly more.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    I had my Breguet on SC for quite a while and Watchfinder had offered me £3k for it, which is basically an F-Off offer to be honest. However once I decided that I might part-ex it with them for a Rolex OP Date, they jumped up on the offer to £5200, which I accepted.

Persistence (or making it worth their while) is key.