closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any Sinn EZM 13 owners on here, past or present?

Master

Any Sinn EZM 13 owners on here, past or present?

I am interested to know what current or past owners of the Sinn EZM 13 thought about the watch and in particular:

• the overall weight and comfort
    • the thickness @ 15mm
    • the time keeping and functionality of the watch

I have 7" wrists but enjoyed the EZM 3 and found it very comfortable but it was thinner and lighter but prefer the 13.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Craftsman
    I have one, bought from this very forum!

They are very heavy and stand high on the wrist. There is a definite presence about them.
    However they do not look too big on the wrist, I think it has something to do with the shape and pitch of the lugs.

Timing is spot on. The minute register on the chrono is hard to read and the red hour marker numbers are annoying. But a good watch and cool features!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiloman View Post
    I have one, bought from this very forum!

They are very heavy and stand high on the wrist. There is a definite presence about them.
    However they do not look too big on the wrist, I think it has something to do with the shape and pitch of the lugs.

Timing is spot on. The minute register on the chrono is hard to read and the red hour marker numbers are annoying. But a good watch and cool features!
    Great! Thanks for the feedback.

My main concern is the weight and height as an everyday watch even though having the Destro means it's very comfortable.

Had one and sold it as I couldn't live with the height of the watch although size was very good on my skinny 6.5~ 6.75 inches wrist.
    One annoying thing that really bugged me was the bezel has slight play and not quite what you would expect from the famous German engineering/ manufacturing.
    Having said that if you could get it for good price secondhand it is definitely worth it.

Mark

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by km9 View Post
    Had one and sold it as I couldn't live with the height of the watch although size was very good on my skinny 6.5~ 6.75 inches wrist.
    One annoying thing that really bugged me was the bezel has slight play and not quite what you would expect from the famous German engineering/ manufacturing.
    Having said that if you could get it for good price secondhand it is definitely worth it.

Mark

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Thanks for that and good to know. I had a Breitling Seawolf for two years and that was 18mm high from memory which was way too much for me, in the end.

Craftsman
    I have Marks old one. I really like it, yes it is thick but if you're used to V7750 chronos then it's not going to be too surprising. The totally plain case side does very little to hide the thickness though, and I doubt you'd want to put it on a NATO! It's heavy on the bracelet, but I've not yet tried it on a strap - I bet they look good on the Sinn rubber.

It's proved to be a good holiday watch/beater, the lume is excellent and it's about the one time I actually appreciate a date window (which is very unobstructive the rest of the time). Can't really comment on the timekeeping but wore it pretty much solid for about a month and it didn't need correcting (I normally re-set when I'm a few minutes out).

I really like the 15 minute counter and it I find it easy to read at a glance, 60 minutes is much more intuitive that 30. That said it is quite finely graded so I imagine if you're eyesight is even a bit iffy it might be more of a struggle.

I like it enough to be considering sending it to Sinn for a new crystal, service and a bit of a refurb.

I also have 6.75" wrists for reference.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaEchoAlpha View Post
    I have Marks old one. I really like it, yes it is thick but if you're used to V7750 chronos then it's not going to be too surprising. The totally plain case side does very little to hide the thickness though, and I doubt you'd want to put it on a NATO! It's heavy on the bracelet, but I've not yet tried it on a strap - I bet they look good on the Sinn rubber.

It's proved to be a good holiday watch/beater, the lume is excellent and it's about the one time I actually appreciate a date window (which is very unobstructive the rest of the time). Can't really comment on the timekeeping but wore it pretty much solid for about a month and it didn't need correcting (I normally re-set when I'm a few minutes out).

I really like the 15 minute counter and it I find it easy to read at a glance, 60 minutes is much more intuitive that 30. That said it is quite finely graded so I imagine if you're eyesight is even a bit iffy it might be more of a struggle.

I like it enough to be considering sending it to Sinn for a new crystal, service and a bit of a refurb.

I also have 6.75" wrists for reference.
    Thanks for all the great info and what happened with the crystal? Yes they do look good on the rubber but I'm a sucker for bracelets but, it sounds like it's a monster for everyday wear. At least the Seawolf was Ti. Cheers

I've owned one for a couple of years or so now. There's no doubt that it's tall for its width however given the 500m WR and movement it's never going to be slim, it's just that the 41mm case exaggerates the height. My first ever Sinn was a 757, it's the same height as the EZM13 however it's another 2mm wider so you'd think that it would suit its 15mm a little better however I sold it partly because it felt too tall, the EZM13 doesn't. That might be because the 13's bezel is chamfered whereas the 757's isn't, either that or my tastes and/or perception has changed since selling one and buying the other!

I love mine, I consider it to be one of the core watches in my collection.

Edit to add that I've a 7.25" wrist and think that it wears just fine.
    Last edited by CardShark; 19th July 2019 at 02:34.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    I've owned one for a couple of years or so now. There's no doubt that it's tall for its width however given the 500m WR and movement it's never going to be slim, it's just that the 41mm case exaggerates the height. My first ever Sinn was a 757, it's the same height as the EZM13 however it's another 2mm wider so you'd think that it would suit its 15mm a little better however I sold it partly because it felt too tall, the EZM13 doesn't. That might be because the 13's bezel is chamfered whereas the 757's isn't, either that or my tastes and/or perception has changed since selling one and buying the other!

I love mine, I consider it to be one of the core watches in my collection.

Edit to add that I've a 7.25" wrist and think that it wears just fine.
    Awesome and thanks for the feedback. I still love it but maybe not as a daily wearer but as part of a collection, if I were to be fortunate enough. Cheers

Master
    Used to have one. Only sold it because I named to find my unicorn. An EZM1.
    The watch is still in the forum I believe.
    I was wearing it as an everyday watch on a parachute strap.
    My wrist is only 6.5 inch and yet it didn’t feel out of place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    Used to have one. Only sold it because I named to find my unicorn. An EZM1.
    The watch is still in the forum I believe.
    I was wearing it as an everyday watch on a parachute strap.
    My wrist is only 6.5 inch and yet it didn’t feel out of place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for that.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by stix View Post
    Thanks for all the great info and what happened with the crystal? Yes they do look good on the rubber but I'm a sucker for bracelets but, it sounds like it's a monster for everyday wear. At least the Seawolf was Ti. Cheers
    Just the outer AR has seen better days.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaEchoAlpha View Post
    Just the outer AR has seen better days.
    I wonder if sometimes it's better just being applied on the inside. Cheers

Can I just add something?

If you like the 13, and appreciate the design, then it is (within Sinn's range) one of the best value well-specified watches they do, especially as it uses a (slightly) customised 7750 movement, the SZ02.

If, however, you are drawn to it because it looks a lot like the EZM1 or the 1.1, then don't buy one.
    It will always seem like an imitaiton of the watch you really appreciated, and you will always remain looking past the 13 towards the 1 (or 1.1). And you will sell it.

This has been my experience of a few purchases I made because the watch was "like" another watch.

Dave

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Can I just add something?

If you like the 13, and appreciate the design, then it is (within Sinn's range) one of the best value well-specified watches they do, especially as it uses a (slightly) customised 7750 movement, the SZ02.

If, however, you are drawn to it because it looks a lot like the EZM1 or the 1.1, then don't buy one.
    It will always seem like an imitaiton of the watch you really appreciated, and you will always remain looking past the 13 towards the 1 (or 1.1). And you will sell it.

This has been my experience of a few purchases I made because the watch was "like" another watch.

Dave
    Thanks for that but I have no interest and never have been interested in the EZM1, thankfully

I enjoyed the EZM 3 and now prefer the 13 but, as you can't try these models on, it's a lottery with regards size, weight, everyday comfort and so I just thought I'd ask opinions. I think for now, I'm too undecided and so will admire it from a distance and maybe come back to it another time.

Thanks for all the feedback.