closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex clasp too stiff - post Rolex service

Threaded View

Rolex clasp too stiff - post Rolex service

Hey folks,

I'm looking for the wisdom of the forum. I got my Rolex Sub (14060m) back from a service recently. The clasp was left so tight that the sales assistant was unable to open it when she removed it from the service pouch. The in house watch maker (Rolex credited) had a couple of goes at loosening it until I was happy enough to accept it.

A few week later I've been worn it a few time and . . . it's definitely still too tight. I've reviewed the watch quote and there is wear mentioned on the bracelet, though nothing specific and no mention of it being loose.

I'm going back to the watch dealer at the weekend to have a chat and see what they can do for me to sort this out. There doesn't appear to be a way of sorting the clasp problem without just bending it and the specks can only be sorted by opening it up again.

My thoughts after reflecting on it is that both problems should be made good. I'm interested in hearing the general thoughts of this parish. What would you expect and how would you handle it?

This didn't happen the last time I got it serviced. I hope it's a one off!

EDIT: THANKS for the help and manual exerts folks! :)
    Last edited by Elwood; 18th July 2019 at 09:57. Reason: Updated problem and simplified text