closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tissot watch regulation needed South Birmingham

Tissot watch regulation needed South Birmingham

Hi,
    We need a Tissot Automatic regulating. My son took it into a watch mender in Stratford who confirmed it is running fine and just needs slowing down a bit. The quote to have this done was very expensive with no other work needed and so he brought the watch away. At the moment it is about +15 seconds a day.
    So is there anywhere local to South Birmingham/Solihull who could do this for a reasonable cost?

Thanks for your help.

Master
    If just regulating it's a 10 minute job. Bound to be somewhere or someone local who'll do it for £20 or less.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

That’s the trouble, I cannot find anyone to do the job in the local area!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
    That’s the trouble, I cannot find anyone to do the job in the local area!
    A fellow forum member with a timegrapher may help out. I would but I'm in Glasgow.

Grand Master
    What strikes me as odd is the fact that the repairer said it was running OK albeit a little fast, but was reluctant to regulate it at a reasonable price. OP doesn’t state how old the watch is or which movement it uses, is it one of the recent ones that are (supposedly) difficult to regulate? Or is the watch difficult to get into?

Surely if it was an easy job the guy who looked at it would’ve taken the chance to make a few quid and adjust it himself? If he’s giving an expensive quote that suggests he doesn't want to do it or it’s difficult, I would’ve questioned this and established the basis of the quote and why it was high.

As with all technical questions, the more information that’s given the better the chance of getting helpful answers.

Master
    Fair and pertinent points from a man who's even more suspicious than me.... ;-)